CJ Fredrick health?

They're not only going to miss his outside shooting, but he plays very good defense as well. I'll wait and see how they do in these upcoming home games, but there's good reason to be concerned if he's not back soon.

Fran seemed very down when I asked him about CJ. I didn’t sense he expected him back anytime soon.

Week and 1/2 ago I would have pegged us for an NCAA team. Now, it almost seems we may not even make the NIT. That's how important shooters are in basketball these days.

For sure. At least with "we'll see", faint as it is, there's a glimmer of hope. "We need to talk"? Uh, no we don't.

“We need to talk.” Usually means you are getting dumped or you are getting fired and both suuuuuck.

I think you. An be a tournament team with 2 really good players. But that is under the assumption that those 2 players have any help at all. They don't so we are in big trouble.

I think you. An be a tournament team with 2 really good players. But that is under the assumption that those 2 players have any help at all. They don't so we are in big trouble.

So what is realistic expectations? That is what I am battling with right now. 20-21 seems a long ways away. JoeT can get better, but everyone else that is healthy we know who they are. I don’t want to put an epic fail on this season, but it is hard to get the pom-poms out either.

Last edited:
Fran is about to become a really bad coach. Hashtag no excuses.
There are no excuses. We have two players who are in their fourth year of playing. Two more are in their third.

These guys are on scholly for a reason. Cordell, Bakari and Ryan are all experienced upperclassmen. It's time to stop being passengers.

Steve Alford's teams were frequently down to seven or eight players by this stage of the season. Didn't stop his best teams from representing in February and March (conference tournament, not postseason). We have some experienced players who have to start playing like it.

So what is realistic expectations? That is what I am battling with right now. 20-21 seems a long ways away. JoeT can get better, but everyone else that is healthy we know who they are. I don’t want to put an epic fail on this season, but it is hard to get the pom-poms our either.
Again, see above. We have some experienced upperclassmen who have to stop being passengers. It's time for them to be consistent contributors.

We have late November/December in the bank. That could save our bacon if we can break even in the B1G. We haven't always had that luxury.

If we go completely belly up and waste that non conference season it will be a bigger letdown than any of Fran or Todd's worst teams. It really will.

There are no excuses. We have two players who are in their fourth year of playing. Two more are in their third.

These guys are on scholly for a reason. Cordell, Bakari and Ryan are all experienced upperclassmen. It's time to stop being passengers.

Steve Alford's teams were frequently down to seven or eight players by this stage of the season. Didn't stop his best teams from representing in February and March (conference tournament, not postseason). We have some experienced players who have to start playing like it.

No one is feeling sorry for Rutgers (Lost Baker)
No one is feeling sorry for Sparty (Lost Langford again)
No one is feeling sorry for the Gophs (Lost Curry for the third year)

No one is going to feel sorry for us so we better not be doing it.

Again, see above. We have some experienced upperclassmen who have to stop being passengers. It's time for them to be consistent contributors.

We have late November/December in the bank. That could save our bacon if we can break even in the B1G. We haven't always had that luxury.

If we go completely belly up and waste that non conference season it will be a bigger letdown than any of Fran or Todd's worst teams. It really will.
I typically consider you a pretty reasonable poster but I gotta say I completely disagree with this take and would go as far as to say this is a dumb take.

The Bohannon situation was completely unprecedented and his services helped us get that strong non conference start. When he shut it down, after already losing Nunge, and not having Pat, we knew there wasn’t room for any more losses. Losing CJ now and most sane people understand that that’s simply way too much to overcome.

This isn’t a collapse and it isn’t Fran’s fault. There are very few teams if any in college basketball that could handle this type of attrition and still be successful.

Just because Pemsl, Kriener, and Evelyn have been around doesn’t mean they are guaranteed to be good enough to take on a larger role. A college team has 13 scholarship players and you have to have the understanding that you aren’t going to have 13 studs. Sometimes you need role guys, sometimes you need bodies for the end of your bench. In this case we are asking role guys to be starters and bodies to play significant roles.

Sorry but your are simple wrong with your take.

Last edited:
No one is feeling sorry for Rutgers (Lost Baker)
No one is feeling sorry for Sparty (Lost Langford again)
No one is feeling sorry for the Gophs (Lost Curry for the third year)

No one is going to feel sorry for us so we better not be doing it.
Are you actually trying to compare those situations to Iowa losing Jbo, Fredrick, Nunge, and Pat? Seriously? C’mon man get a grip that’s not even in the same ballpark.

Latest posts