Cincinnati

Cincy is underseeded. I think Iowa is too
Actually looking at it more that might not be the case. Per Kenpom Cincy is the worst 7 seed and Iowa would be the second best 10 seed so maybe we have an argument to be an 8 or 9. The committee doesn’t use KenPom I don’t think but it’s usually a good barometer.

I think the committee did us an enroumos favor in that we will be out of our misery much sooner taking on Cincy on a pseudo home game for them. No more having to watch our guards plod around like their feet are in quicksand, no more turnovers from our 4 and a great opportunity for our 2nd team guards to get their shooting percentages into the single digits.

Cincy has a suffocating defense. Exactly what we didn’t want to see. Expect a 2-19 from 3, and maybe score 50 points. Prolly like 73-52. It will be ugly
Jesus, you a comedian? Just when we were trying to forget our nightmarish previous game. :eek:

Last edited:
How about 2 straight upsets to get to the Sweet 16? Any chance? beat Cincy @ home and then Tennessee?

Probably not too likely, but it sure as hell would redeem the promise of the earlier part of the season.

Still, better to be watching the tourney as a participant fan and not a peripheral fan.

Iowa was the 37th overall seed. Minnesota and Florida and Ohio state were all lower amongst many others. We weren't lucky at all...not sure wtf you're talking about
I’m fine with what I said. I don’t think we are the 37th best based on the resume. It’s simply astounding to me how many of my fellow fans will literally latch onto any morsel of a statistic to justify our position. Claiming we are a better team than the clowns is a perfect example. They had their two best players out and played here early on. If played later, it would have been a big fat “L”. Also, hiding behind the number of wins in both sports, when we rarely beat anyone of any significance (let alone actually schedule anyone), is another ugly trait. You do realize that there are teams with 16 or 17 wins that are far better than us...right? Because there are a lot of teams that play much tougher schedules. Or do you really believe the number of wins dictates all? If so, you need to learn to think for yourself someday because what shows on the surface isn’t always accurate

I’m fine with what I said. I don’t think we are the 37th best based on the resume. It’s simply astounding to me how many of my fellow fans will literally latch onto any morsel of a statistic to justify our position. Claiming we are a better team than the clowns is a perfect example. They had their two best players out and played here early on. If played later, it would have been a big fat “L”. Also, hiding behind the number of wins in both sports, when we rarely beat anyone of any significance (let alone actually schedule anyone), is another ugly trait. You do realize that there are teams with 16 or 17 wins that are far better than us...right? Because there are a lot of teams that play much tougher schedules. Or do you really believe the number of wins dictates all? If so, you need to learn to think for yourself someday because what shows on the surface isn’t always accurate

Dude....what in the flying F are you blabbering about? You are making zero sense.

You realize it's the committees job to study and determine this shit right? They have all the data in front of them and make decisions based on all of the data. Meanwhile you....just make shit up to fit your narrative.

Not with most of you, we have to play good teams to become better and advance. No problem win or you go back home. Anyone that thinks we were going very far has not watched our last 10 games.

How about 2 straight upsets to get to the Sweet 16? Any chance? beat Cincy @ home and then Tennessee?

Since 1985 twenty-three teams seeded 10th have reached the Sweet 16 and eight of those teams have advanced to the Elite Eight.

10 seed Syracuse made the final four in 2016

Please don't refer to us as "fellow fans". You hate everything Hawkeye-related

A 7 seed is ranked #25-#28 unofficially correct? Thats not too tall of an order on paper.

Yes, you are correct, ranking of all 64 teams AFTER selection.
24th ranked Cincy [28-6, 14-4] beat #11 Houston [31-3, 16-2] 69-57 for the American Athletic Conference tournament championship. Hou. has 1 of the most efficient offenses in the nation, so it speaks well of Cincy's defense.

One of their guard, Jarron Cumberland [6-5, 210 Jr. avg. 18ppg, 4.4 reb, 3.7 assists] dropped in 33 against Hou. in that gm. with 6 rebs As a team, Cincy shot 22-50 44% from two and 6-17 35%. They held Hou. to 8-33, 24% from beyond the arc.

Auburn [26-9] crushed Tenn. [29-5] in the SEC championship gm. 84-64

#11 thru 13 seeds have advanced in recent tournaments. #1 and 2 seeds lose in the first or second rounds nowadays. Games are not decided on paper- the best teams don't always win, that's why we play the game.
Enjoy the fact we're in the tourney, hope for the best, hope it helps recruiting going forward.

Cincy way underseeded as a 7, Iowa probably underseeded as a 10 based on resume. And for one last FU by the committee it’s a home game for Cincy. Worst possible draw.
Iowa comes from the "toughest conference" in the land and Iowa finished 10-10. Mismatch for Iowa!

Latest posts