Cincinnati

You do realize that there are teams with 16 or 17 wins that are far better than us...right? Because there are a lot of teams that play much tougher schedules. Or do you really believe the number of wins dictates all? If so, you need to learn to think for yourself someday because what shows on the surface isn’t always accurate
okay. i'll play along.

Here's a long list of teams with 16 or 17 wins. Now you play along and pick out the teams "that are far better than us...right."

Shouldn't be hard for you to do because it's such a long list and is so apparently obvious to you.

N. Florida
Butler
Portland State
S. Utah
Texas
Charleston
High Point
Cal State-Fullerton
Long Beach State
Delaware
UT-San Antonio
Green Bay
UIPUI
ILL-Chicago
Oakland
Princeton
Iona
Sienna
Rider
Quinnipiac
Akron
Howard
N. Illinois
Ball State
S. Illinois
Northern Iowa
Missouri St
UNLV
St-Francis (NY)
Utah
UCLA
USC
Arizona
Holy Cross
S. Carolina
Arkansas
Samford
NE Louisiana
Grambling
Tex-Arlington
S. Alabama
Cal Baptist
Cal - Bakersfield
Santa Clara
Pepperdine
UConn
Indiana

Iowa by 4...mark it. Cincy over confidant.
Iowa got what it deserved thanks to their once again late season collapse. Brutal draw against a great defensive and physical team. And on their home court basically.

I’ll take Cincy 75-55. None and done for the Hawkeyes.

Cincinnati is a good team, but against good competition their two interior players have gotten in foul trouble. When that happens they pack the defense in and give up 3 pointers. at least 10 times this year they've given up over 40% from three. They manage to hang in by being a good rebounding team. They have one real outside shooter - Jenifer who hits over 40%. This game is going to turn on making shots and staying away from live ball turnovers and rebounding. Cincinnati has struggled against good teams.

But you would have been totally cool had Iowa landed in DSM

Of course, who wouldn't have been? But I would have been just as shocked if they had given Iowa that sort of advantage as they did Cincinnati. I'm a little surprised they put Minnesota in Des Moines as a 10 seed, that's an easy trip for Goofer fans down I-35.

This is March Madness people. Remember UNI over Kansas! There is hope. In this tournament expect some crazy outcomes. Maybe our Hawks can find the magic and make a nice run. Or on the other hand, we might just come out and look clueless. I say Hawks win game 1 with last second shot.

cinn is not unbeatable... but don't like the home game shit.
Some bracketoligist was on WSCR this morning and expressed concern for Tennessee's chances in a potential Cincinnati matchup, as well as Cincinnati's close proximity to Columbus vs Knoxville.

That tells you what he thinks of Iowa's chances. Not to mention that most of eastern Iowa is at least three hours further away from Columbus than Knoxville.

You have to really wonder if Fran’s tantrum and berating the ref came into play with that seed and game?

Nah I highly doubt that. I know the conspiracy theorists on this site like to pretend that Fran having a temper means the officials are out to get Iowa, but that's just not the case.

Nah I highly doubt that. I know the conspiracy theorists on this site like to pretend that Fran having a temper means the officials are out to get Iowa, but that's just not the case.

Yea, I am by no means a conspiracy theorist, as that is not my normal persona. But, what if there are 2-3 teams they are debating to place and it's rather close, and the tirade debacle is still rather fresh in the minds, couldn't you see the committee giving better situations to the better "conforming" teams. But, I guess this is not a NCAA committee but a committee made up of a variety of people.

Latest posts