Cincinnati

If you finish your season on a 1-5 run, seriously, how can you complain about location and seeding?
Your right we should feel lucky we are in, the feeling I have is more how does Cinn. a 5 seed, get a home game. There are a lot better teams out there that aren't playing anywhere near their home turf. I thought that was an NCAA no no.

Dude....what in the flying F are you blabbering about? You are making zero sense.

You realize it's the committees job to study and determine this shit right? They have all the data in front of them and make decisions based on all of the data. Meanwhile you....just make shit up to fit your narrative.

I'm going to save this to allow for quick copy and paste during football season. The football posters are way worse...every win we were lucky and we somehow overcame the coaching deficiencies...and every loss they are torturing their grandmothers in the backyard with a pliers and a vice grip...and will continue doing so until Barta fires KF.

Your right we should feel lucky we are in, the feeling I have is more how does Cinn. a 5 seed, get a home game. There are a lot better teams out there that aren't playing anywhere near their home turf. I thought that was an NCAA no no.
Life isn't fair, nor the selection committee, which is made up of humans who can and are swayed any which way.

Iowa hasn't built up a "give them a break" reputation. You need to win regularly and have class to earn this.

It isn't that complicated, plus the officials "cheat" Iowa :)

I’m fine with what I said. I don’t think we are the 37th best based on the resume. It’s simply astounding to me how many of my fellow fans will literally latch onto any morsel of a statistic to justify our position. Claiming we are a better team than the clowns is a perfect example. They had their two best players out and played here early on. If played later, it would have been a big fat “L”. Also, hiding behind the number of wins in both sports, when we rarely beat anyone of any significance (let alone actually schedule anyone), is another ugly trait. You do realize that there are teams with 16 or 17 wins that are far better than us...right? Because there are a lot of teams that play much tougher schedules. Or do you really believe the number of wins dictates all? If so, you need to learn to think for yourself someday because what shows on the surface isn’t always accurate

You don’t think we’re roughly 37th best? Really? Also, I know you’re a Cyclone fan, but they were only missing Wigginton who hasn’t even been their best player. They had THT, Shayok, Halliburton, Weiler-Babb, Lard, Jacobson, etc.

If both teams play their best I think we will win against Cincinnati. And TN is about as good as it gets out of the ones and twos. They lost 5 games all season. But they were 6-4 in their last 10...lost by 20 today.

Iowa is not going far anyway. That is the way I look at it. They likely got what they deserved...although I thought they would have been an 8 or 9...10 still as a possibility....which they got. Just hope to eat crow and hope iowa is hitting everything from the perimeter.

If both teams play their best I think we will win against Cincinnati. And TN is about as good as it gets out of the ones and twos. They lost 5 games all season. But they were 6-4 in their last 10...lost by 20 today.

Of the ones and twos I think Virginia is the most vulnerable. The Iowa team that got to 20-5 is gone. I think they get worked Friday. Then it becomes whether or not you think the season was a success or not.

Of the ones and twos I think Virginia is the most vulnerable. The Iowa team that got to 20-5 is gone. I think they get worked Friday. Then it becomes whether or not you think the season was a success or not.
Coach already said it was a "tremendous" year. NCAA won't affect that!

Or just enjoy that the Hawks are in the tourney.....
Did you expect to win it all? Upset a team or two and make it memorable...vs beating a Dayton or xyz state? We weren't advancing to the sweet 16 on cruise control.....i mean, we all watched the last few games of the season....enjoy that we were invited to the dance and the upcoming week. Would be fun rooting for the Hawks to pull off a major upset on Sunday. We are capable.
What a loser, just enjoy your ass kicking, we are not worthy......Iowa deserves better. Fran is a shitty coach. This is the school of Bucky O'Conner, Ralph Miller, Lute Olson, Raveling, Tom Davis. We deserve better than Alford/Lick/Fran.

Has one conference ever gotten 3 ones?
In 1985 the Big East got three into the final four, Villanova, Georgetown and St. John's. A fourth, Boston College, was knocked off in the sweet sixteen by Oklahoma.

In 2000, the Big Ten got Wisconsin and Michigan State into the final four. Wisconsin had to beat Purdue in the regional final to reach the final four.

Latest posts