Chicago Cubs 2016 Thread

Schwarber~ best story in baseball since Roy Hobbs
It's really incredible. I wonder what they will do with him in Wrigley? We have left bases loaded 4 times now in these 2 games. That has got to come to an end or it's gonna bite us bad I'm afraid.

It's really incredible. I wonder what they will do with him in Wrigley? We have left bases loaded 4 times now in these 2 games. That has got to come to an end or it's gonna bite us bad I'm afraid.

The broadcast said doctors have not cleared him for the field yet. Now it goes to Wrigley tied. Cleveland likely loses Napoli or Sanchez plus Cubs pitchers can actually hit

The broadcast said doctors have not cleared him for the field yet. Now it goes to Wrigley tied. Cleveland likely loses Napoli or Sanchez plus Cubs pitchers can actually hit
The Cubs should have a huge advantage with the pitchers hitting. Looking forward to that! Go Cubs!

Win tomorrow may be the key to the whole series with the pitching advantage and then Cleveland throws Kluber again Saturday. Just win the non-Kluber pitched games and we're good! But I think we'll get to him once, just need Lackey to hold serve.
This is just ridiculously exciting

How is it Schwarber can run the base paths, but can't play the outfield? His bat in the lineup would be huge even if it is 2 of the 3 games.

They said something about the lateral movement?

Yeah, I read an hour or two ago that he is basically going to pinch hit. Man, I wish they could get something out of Heyward.......They really haven't got much out of him(Heyward) all year so what does it matter at this point.

Last edited:
The Dr. will not release Schwarber to play the outfield. All he can do is pinch hit run the bases and slide.

Last edited:
Yeah, I read an hour or two ago that he is basically going to pinch hit. Man, I wish they could get something out of Heyward.......They really haven't got much out of him(Heyward) all year so what does it matter at this point.
Heyward actually had a good at bat last night. Hit the ball hard. I actually think something is coming from him soon.

Heyward actually had a good at bat last night. Hit the ball hard. I actually think something is coming from him soon.

Really? Cubs win or lose this series they are going to have to eat the money they paid Heyward.

Really? Cubs win or lose this series they are going to have to eat the money they paid Heyward.
Didn't they sign him to a KF type contact? Spring training will be a total overhaul on his hitting. I've been bad mouthing him all summer and now I feel kind of sorry for him.. He's making a ton of money but I think he feels awful that he can't get it together.

Reactions: trj
Didn't they sign him to a KF type contact? Spring training will be a total overhaul on his hitting. I've been bad mouthing him all summer and now I feel kind of sorry for him.. He's making a ton of money but I think he feels awful that he can't get it together.

I agree..... It is just easy to do the Joe Schmo fan thing and complain.:)

Latest posts