Chicago Cubs 2016 Thread

We signed the wrong ex-yankee reliever. Chapman has been erratic for the past few weeks. Still, a consistent 100 plus is pretty daunting! Hopefully, he regains his command.

Last edited:
Is using Chapman really necessary? And as i ask...he gets himself into trouble

I think so, with today being an off day I think he needed the work. I wouldn't read too much into the runs he gave up last night as it was obvious he was relying on his slider.

Don't forget Chapman was getting ready in the bullpen for over an hour, then didn't come in and then finally came in the 9th with a huge lead not trying to give too much away in terms of the Dodgers getting a feel for him.
Has to be tough for a closer to get the mind right in that situation.

I'm already a nervous wreck for tomorrow! Beating Kershaw going to be a challenge, need to remember we have 2 chances to win 1 its not all or nothing tomorrow night!

We signed the wrong ex-yankee reliever. Chapman has been erratic for the past few weeks. Still, a consistent 100 plus is pretty daunting! Hopefully, he regains his command.

The asking price for Miller was much higher than it was for Chapman. It was rumored that the Yankees wanted Schwarber in a deal for Miller but the Cubs said no.

As expected, no Heyward tonight. Contreras and Almora into the lineup. Also, Schwarber is now at the Arizona league getting some ABs. There's rumors that if the Cubs advance, he could be used to DH

I just spoke with my father who just turned 78 in September and he was all choked up....makes me proud not only to be a Cubs fan but to be a believer that this would happen and I'm glad it happened for my Dad and for all my HN family who have posted on this thread since we started this journey since April....bring on the Indians....