Chicago Cubs 2016 Thread

They really needed to win that game last night.....once you have momentum in post season baseball it is hard to stop.
You are 100% correct! As young as the Cubbies are I think they'll grow from it. Lol Wait till next year!

Cleveland is better in this series. Cubs are better overall.

It's baseball playoffs, it is always about who is hottest at that moment. Cleveland in en fuego, and not just against the Cubs, look what they did to Boston and Toronto.

baby steps......last year they made it to NLCS, this year they made it to the World Series, next year they win it all.

It won't be easy I am sure they will see Bumgarner, Kershaw and the Mets will have Harvey and that ridiculous pitching staff back next post season.

I almost would like to see it go back to Cleveland but I think Bauer will put it together tonight and we now have Miller and Allen with rest. Tribe clinches WS tonight.

I almost would like to see it go back to Cleveland but I think Bauer will put it together tonight and we now have Miller and Allen with rest. Tribe clinches WS tonight.

Wrong Hill, we win. I'm gonna hang in there as long we have life...I'm not giving up...I hope you're wrong..;)...Cubs 7, Injuns 3, moving on to game 6 and then it's Cubs 4, Injuns 1, game 7 excitement, anyone's ballgame . ...(and no I haven't had any beer today......yet) just not ready for it to end....

Wrong Hill, we win. I'm gonna hang in there as long we have life...I'm not giving up...I hope you're wrong..;)...Cubs 7, Injuns 3, moving on to game 6 and then it's Cubs 4, Injuns 1, game 7 excitement, anyone's ballgame . ...(and no I haven't had any beer today......yet) just not ready for it to end....
I'm hanging in there with you NEIC. It's not over till it's over. :)

I've been let down before, especially having talented teams in years past but we have great talent now and the manager to do it, I just want it so bad for these guys....time will tell....someone mentioned baby steps, NLDS, NLCS , WS....We've overcome a lot to get here and if it's not now, it'll be here next year....time for a little Ron Santo and Ernie Banks magic tonight......

Last edited:
I have decided to mute Joe Schmuck and his little puppet Schmoltz and we are leading, so that's my favorite thing right now .....I cannot stand their fascination with the Tribe and Francona

They really needed to win that game last night.....once you have momentum in post season baseball it is hard to stop.

Which would be nice to finish this one off. Get young guys with some confidence and momentum, you never know.

I love the pitching match up in game 6 and our offense is better with Schwarber in the middle of it. So I like our chances and then anything can happen in game 7.

I love the pitching match up in game 6 and our offense is better with Schwarber in the middle of it. So I like our chances and then anything can happen in game 7.

Love the pitching match up but I love the fact we were getting the bat on the ball yesterday. I was more impressed with the small ball to finish out the inning than I was with Bryant's homer. The inability to put the ball in play has kicked our ass in this series so far so it was great to see that last night. I think we continue to put the ball in play they have a shot at stealing 2 in Cleveland, they revert back to chopping wood at the plate and its over in 6.