Chicago Cubs 2016 Thread

Ok, last thing!

I've been watching the FS1 sports show the last few weeks and I have to admit...I don't hate A-Rod. Inf act, I kinda like the guy.

I just spoke with my father who just turned 78 in September and he was all choked up....makes me proud not only to be a Cubs fan but to be a believer that this would happen and I'm glad it happened for my Dad and for all my HN family who have posted on this thread since we started this journey since April....bring on the Indians....
Congrats to your dad and I'm glad you got to share this with him.and NEIChawk WE"RE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!! :)

Congrats all my fellow Cub Fans for keeping the faith. Makes it so much sweeter. I woke up this morning pinching myself, my jaw hurt from smiling into the wee hours of the night and my throat hurt from yelling. It wasn't until I had a chance to hear Pat Hughes call of the final out this morning that I got a little misty. when I heard him yell "The Cubs Win the Pennant" it hit me! Getting chills just thinking about that call right now.
Going to be a great week ahead, lets enjoy the ride! I would enjoy a ticket too LOL.

I'm still pinching myself to make sure this isn't all a dream. After 1984 and 2003 I never thought I'd see this day.

I'm still pinching myself to make sure this isn't all a dream. After 1984 and 2003 I never thought I'd see this day.

My Brother in Law is a Dodger fan, and before the 5th game started I told him whoever won that game was gonna win the NLCS. So after we won game 5, I was pretty darn confident the Cubs were gonna make the Series.

Schwarber on his way to Cleveland to be the DH. Hope this works out!

Just not sure what to think about this move, on a lot of levels. So hard to hit a baseball even after almost 2 months of spring training. I know he's probably been swinging for awhile, but timing is tough to get in the "cage" or off the tee etc. Cleveland is RH Pitching dominated so that helps. We shall see. I'd say it's hard to keep Contreras out of the lineup right now, and if Schwarber DHs then that means Wilson will probably be out of the lineup tonight.

Just not sure what to think about this move, on a lot of levels. So hard to hit a baseball even after almost 2 months of spring training. I know he's probably been swinging for awhile, but timing is tough to get in the "cage" or off the tee etc. Cleveland is RH Pitching dominated so that helps. We shall see. I'd say it's hard to keep Contreras out of the lineup right now, and if Schwarber DHs then that means Wilson will probably be out of the lineup tonight.
If anyone can do it, it's Schwarber. He has hit at every level. This is a big risk, not sure why we are taking it, but it will be great if it works out.

Ok, Schwarber is officially on the roster! I am ok with it as they took Rob Z off the roster instead of a position player. I was thinking they may take a position player off the roster. We should be able to match up well now and hopefully Schwarber can get it done. I still think Contreras is hard to keep out right now though with the way he is hitting and also can run the bases well.

The Heyward deal is a good move. If we need him for defense Joe can always put him in there. The Cubs batting order is just getting better and better.

Latest posts