Chicago Cubs 2016 Thread

You better get that penny shined up! I'm going out and buy a brand new Cubs shirt tomorrow and change this whole deal around! :)

Madden needs to break these out tomorrow!

cropped_maddon.jpg

Need a big hit tonight early, from Rizzo would be great, just to break the ice for everyone and get them to relax. Contreras needs to be in the lineup tonight and I'm guessing he will. This team has been resilient all year, time to show up tonight or we're fried with Kershaw waiting. He only threw around 85 pitches in Game 2 so he'll be ready to roll tomorrow IMO.

Now that's the Cubs I've watched for most of the year! woooowooooo!!!! Wonder if they'll pitch Kershaw next?

Is it just me or is Joe Buck a total loser? The play where Gonzales was thrown out at home......1st thing, "terrible throw by Heyward", hey Joe, did you see the throw from Toles in the 4th? Yeah, I didn't hear anything about that......lopsided sports reporting and bias, geesh.......Can't wait to hear what he and Smoltz say tonight....won't matter, go Cubs

Playoff baseball is such a roller coaster, good thing it last a couple weeks only because could you imagine living like this day in and day out? I'm losing hair at a rapid pace!
Roberts says Kershaw is going game 6. Now, would I be shocked to see him in relief to get a lefty out tonight? NO! We must get out ahead early again tonight and Keep Kershaw or Jansen irrelevant. If Lester pitches like he has been all year we'll be in good shape and have a shot to beat Kershaw to win the series Saturday. I can see this going 7 games though, we'll see.

I said Cubs in 6, and I think we do it, kids looked loose, having fun, and knocked Maeda around pretty good, early and often. We must do the same.....John will be on his game but he needs run support. I expect Riz and Addy to stay hot, or at least aggressive ....would love to kick Kershaw's hard....can't wait til 7 baby

I noticed on espn.com that Kershaw is scheduled to pitch game 6, but the Cubs are undecided. Should be Hendricks's turn, but is there a chance that they would move Arrieta up to game 6, or am I reading too far into it?

I noticed on espn.com that Kershaw is scheduled to pitch game 6, but the Cubs are undecided. Should be Hendricks's turn, but is there a chance that they would move Arrieta up to game 6, or am I reading too far into it?
I don't know why they would. Kyle has clearly been much better.

Now it says Hendricks is starting. Had no idea why it would have been anyone else. Was just a curious thing to me.

So far that's the difference.....leadoff double by Baez and you can't get him in....you're right could be bad....

Latest posts