Chicago Cubs 2016 Thread

These guys never give up. Even last night they mounted a 9th inning rally, even though eventually they lost. That was the 7th win this year when the Cubs went into the ninth being down. I remember entire decades when they didn't do that!
This team is a fighter! They never give up! When the Giants came up to bat in the 9th. you could just see that the balloon had deflated for them. Chapman is always wicked when he starts an inning with nobody on.
MisterLucky I've never seen the Cubs rally like they have this year.

Me neither, and I've followed the Cubs for decades.. In the past, if the Cubs were down in the late innings, they lost.... always. This team keeps talking about going the whole 27 outs and they believe it. My favorite Cub team ever. They are starting to convince me that this indeed is the year.

Reactions: trj
What a game! I hope none of you guys went to bed early and wrote them off! Don't write this team off, they aren't your normal old Cubs Team! This team has resiliency, guts, they play together! So pumped today!

What a game! I hope none of you guys went to bed early and wrote them off! Don't write this team off, they aren't your normal old Cubs Team! This team has resiliency, guts, they play together! So pumped today!

I wrote them off Monday night after the Giants took the lead in the 8th. Learned my lesson and watched them score 4 in the 9th for the awesome comeback!

I wrote them off Monday night after the Giants took the lead in the 8th. Learned my lesson and watched them score 4 in the 9th for the awesome comeback!

Cubs fans have to pull together and have the faith! We can't think the worst, this team is different I'm tellin ya! Now whose got tickets for me? :)

Does anybody have any preference who we play? The Dodgers or the Nats? I would rather play the Nats. I don't want to back out west.

I agree with that. Those West Coast games during the middle of the week suck

The Nats have had a few more injuries and are missing a few pieces. Plus, their Ace Pitches tomorrow so he probably wouldn't be ready until game 3. Kershaw would be ready sooner, game 2 probably, for the Dodgers should we play them. Things to chew on.

The Nats have had a few more injuries and are missing a few pieces. Plus, their Ace Pitches tomorrow so he probably wouldn't be ready until game 3. Kershaw would be ready sooner, game 2 probably, for the Dodgers should we play them. Things to chew on.

I fear Scherzer more than I do Kershaw. For whatever reason Kershaw becomes a average pitcher in the post season.

If the series goes 6 or 7 you could see Scherzer twice. I agree there's not fear factor that you have with someone like Bumgarner.[/QUOTE

Definitely would see Scherzer twice in a 6 or 7 game series IMO. I know Kershaw's #s aren't spectacular in postseason, but he's without a doubt the most dominant pitcher in the league and not sure I want a piece of him. But, this team is built to beat any one!

Does anybody have any preference who we play? The Dodgers or the Nats? I would rather play the Nats. I don't want to back out west.

Cubs were 7-2 vs. the Nats and 4-3 vs. the Dodgers, if that matters. Really didn't face any of the Dodgers starters this year, though and were 5-1 against the Nats starters. However, this guy has a good breakdown of it all and says we should root for the Dodgers.

Link

Kershaw only threw 7 pitches last night, so I don't know how much it affects him. Day 2 is a full pen day, so it may not affect his status (or maybe it will, I honestly don't know). On the bright side, the 3 games in LA are scheduled for 7:00 CT, according to ESPN.

The Cubs in 5. Moving on to the WS baby......we just had, what I would call a grueling series with SF, so I think the boys of summer will be loose, and ready to go. Joe Maddon will work his magic once again.....

My guess is Kershaw goes in Game 2, we'll see what happens but thats my guess. Be nice to see our offense heat up a little, especially Riz and Russell. We hit a little we'll be fine I think. Going to be a stressful week!

Latest posts