Chicago Cubs 2016 Thread

Ugh...stayed up for the whole game. Not a coffee drinker and I've had a cup this morning.
I knew the Giants wouldn't go away easily, we definitely need to get Rizzo doing something. Only thing I questioned last night is if you are going to bring Chapman in the 8th for a 6 out save, why not just have him start the freakin inning? Kind of a dumb move IMO. I give Gillespie a ton of credit, a lefty turning on a 101mph pitch is some unbelievable Major League Hitting.

Ugh...stayed up for the whole game. Not a coffee drinker and I've had a cup this morning.
I knew the Giants wouldn't go away easily, we definitely need to get Rizzo doing something. Only thing I questioned last night is if you are going to bring Chapman in the 8th for a 6 out save, why not just have him start the freakin inning? Kind of a dumb move IMO. I give Gillespie a ton of credit, a lefty turning on a 101mph pitch is some unbelievable Major League Hitting.
I feel the same way about Chapman. We might of been ok if they would have started off in the 8th. If he comes in with runners on he usually doesn't fare to well. Rizzo needs to start stepping up and help this team out.

I love Joe Maddon, but I think he made some mistakes in both the lineup and the pitching changes last night. That said, the Cub bats have, for the most part, been slumbering so far. Nice to see Bryant answer the bell last night, but Rizzo cannot keep going O-fer. The starting pitchers have been great so far. Hope Lackey can continue that trend this evening. We don't want to see another 1984. We need to finish this.

Giants are full of gritty players who have been there before. Winning 3 against them will be well earned.
Can't help but think what our Lineup might look like with Schwarber in it. I think the key at bat last night though was when we had 1st and 3rd 1 out and Javy struck out. Just need to put it in play there, he'd be tough to double up. I had a feeling not squeezing that run across could be huge later. Overall great game though, someone has to lose a game like that. I like the resolve punching back in the 9th, this team has some moxy unlike past Cubs playoff teams and if they get beat the Giants also will have really earned it. playoff baseball is exhausting when you have a dog in the fight.

I just found a penny at lunch today , kind of tarnished. Rubbed off the junk...the date on it was 1984. That's the same year I was married, went to Wrigley for my honeymoon. That's also another year the Cubs were up 2-0.....I better get rid of that damn penny......bad mojo

The Cubs are in a world of trouble. I think they might lose this series. Going to be done in by the offense

No, spliff is correct. You aren't going to beat good teams when you can only scratch out three hits. Too many Cubs are in a hitting slump at the same time.

These guys never give up. Even last night they mounted a 9th inning rally, even though eventually they lost. That was the 7th win this year when the Cubs went into the ninth being down. I remember entire decades when they didn't do that!