Chicago Cubs 2016 Thread

Back from Vaca, got to see the Cubs in Denver over the weekend. The amount of blue in the stands was just incredible, Cubs fans everywhere in Denver and took over. Nice Ballpark, you see a little bit of everyone along the way. My favorite sign from a begger outside was "Need funds for Canibis and Munchies". I told my wife hey at least he was honest.
BTW, Addison Russell is turing into my favorite player in awhile. So consistent on D and putting up ribbies on offense. Cubs didn't take BP all weekend in Denver, but he was out early working on defense.

Reactions: DJL
My Lord! Addison Russell is on fire! Save some for the playoffs, son!

What a great deal the Cub's braintrust made with Oakland to steal him away.

Yes, need the pen healthy in a bad way. That is what is great about a big division lead is we can DL guys and make sure they are healthy and not have to push them.

We need Rondon and Strop back for the playoffs healthy.

Totally agree, but we have to realize that the player that gave up all the runs is our 26 year old rookie who is highly unlikely to make the playoff roster (or, at least, get much action there).

I just hope Strop will be able to come back from his knee injury and pitch again this year. Rondon, I assume, just needs some off time to rehab his forearm.

Cubs win at LA tonight guaranteeing a winning season, a seeming impossibility just three years ago. Bryant with another big game strengthening his claim on NL MVP.

I love it when the Cubs keep fighting! JH my not so favorite Cub even pitched in tonight in the later innings! 14 games ahead of the red birds is just mind blowing! Hope the bottom doesn't fall out in the playoffs.

You have to wonder who was the baseball genius for the Astros that decided to pick the Stanford pitcher, Mark Appel and pass on Kris Bryant. Appel is older than Bryant and still struggling in AAA and Bryant is arguably the best player in MLB. Thank you Astros!

upload_2016-8-27_10-43-43.jpeg

We only lost 1-0. Where were our hitters today?
yeah, I have been frustrated the past couple of days with the offense, but then I just tell myself it's a long season and you have short stretches like this. No big deal. Still have a nice division lead. Just need to get healthy and focused for the playoffs.

yeah, I have been frustrated the past couple of days with the offense, but then I just tell myself it's a long season and you have short stretches like this. No big deal. Still have a nice division lead. Just need to get healthy and focused for the playoffs.
Exactly. I think it's only 5 weeks till the playoffs so I just need to relax and enjoy what's happening. :)

Cahill made a terrific start less than two weeks ago when the Cubs really needed it.

I realized that also, but routine plays are supposed to be routine. He threw like a middle schooler, and he had plenty of time....just one of those plays....he will be make up for it.....;)