Chicago Cubs 2015 Thread

Last night's game reminded me of a lot of Cub games I have watched over the years. This team is going to frustrate us at times, but I think they are going to have really fun stretches also.

Game 1 where Bryant easily could have been the difference between a win and a loss. Cubs 0 for 13 with runners in scoring position.

Game 1 where Bryant easily could have been the difference between a win and a loss. Cubs 0 for 13 with runners in scoring position.

And last year they batted .223 w/RISP, which was 2nd to last....wowza, and evidenced again last night.....I like the line-up and some of the relievers....we'll be fine, just need to get some timely hits....early, early boys and girls

Great comeback win yesterday! Good to see some fight in this dog this year! So question for you all, was anyone able to see the game on TV yesterday? I couldn't find it anywhere and am not happy at all with this new crap of a tv deal they have. Every Cardinals game is on the same station, really easy. I just don't understand why it has got to the point of having to search 3-4 channels every day to find they game and then more and more aren't on at all? Ridiculous IMO

Congrats Cubs! Currently in 1st and 2 games over .500 for the first time since the end of the 2009 season...:eek:

Soler has it all, probably even more than Baez/Bryant/Russell as far as 5 tools. Guy is just a physical specimen. The ball comes off his bat in a way that makes everyone turn their head and see whose in the cage. If he stays healthy, he is gonna be a lot of fun to watch the next few years!
I like Coughlan a lot too. I said before the season I would love him to be our 4th OF, getting 2-4 starts a week spelling guys around the outfield. Another scrap heap pick up by Theo, he was very solid last year when healthy also.

I think Theo envisions the Cubs eventually having their own network. Similar to the Yankees.

Great win last nite.

Hell, if I didn't have the channel close to Comcast Sports I would've never seen the ending.....the Cubs need to be on all the time damn it......

Hell, if I didn't have the channel close to Comcast Sports I would've never seen the ending.....the Cubs need to be on all the time damn it......

Long live the Superstation! I could watch Baker and Ponch ride their cop cycles around on Chips and then right afterwards The Leadoff Man at 1pm for day ballgame at the Friendly Confines.

With LaStella being on the DL now, we really do need another infielder. Surely Bryant will be called up Friday or Saturday now right?

If Travis Wood can pitch like that, we could be in really good shape. I am assuming Lester will get his stuff worked out once he gets more innings under his belt. Jake is solid, and the bullpen is off to a good start. It's early, but there is certainly more hope this year than there has been in awhile

Latest posts