Chicago Cubs 2015 Thread

The whole scenario couldn't have gone much better for the Cubs. Bryant being called up while they are in 1st place and getting an extra year of control for him missing only 8 games.

CCwu8zoW8AECXIF.jpg

What a great scenario for the Cubs. 5-3, in first place and they get another year of control on the contract for 8 measly games! People who questioned the demotion to start are nuts! I would like to see Russell called up very soon also, especially if Alcantara doesn't start hitting the ball some.

I do hope Neil Ramirez doesn't have too significant of injury, but it doesn't look good. He has been lights out in our bullpen since last year and is a very key cog on our team even though he doesn't get the hype. Our bullpen has been great so far and don't want to lose him. KC showed us last year how far a dominant bullpen can take you.

I just Heard Cub's savior Kris Bryant is one year older than Bryce Harper who is in his 4th year in the majors.

The National's network were mocking the Cubs

Bryant had a pretty good night tonight. Now Addison Russell is being called up.

Just saw twitter going crazy with Addison Russell tweets as well. I'm kind of surprised Theo is calling him up so soon. He only has about a dozen AAA games under his belt. I suppose with Alcantara and Herrera struggling he figured he'd give Russell a shot.

Crazy potential the Cubs have with all these prospects and to think there are still a few nice pieces down in the minors.

Just saw twitter going crazy with Addison Russell tweets as well. I'm kind of surprised Theo is calling him up so soon. He only has about a dozen AAA games under his belt. I suppose with Alcantara and Herrera struggling he figured he'd give Russell a shot.

Crazy potential the Cubs have with all these prospects and to think there are still a few nice pieces down in the minors.
It will be interesting to see if Baez can put it together. Castro is off to a nice start, but Javy gives the Cubs a lot of power if he can get it figured out. Should be an interesting summer.

Russell up! I agree with the move. He is the one guy Maddon told he didn't have anything to tell him to work on when he got sent down. Said he is phenomenal. Alcantara can't hit a lick right now and Herrara ain't gonna do much. Give Russell a shot for sure. We need to get LaStella and Ramirez healthy now, especially Ramirez.

It will be interesting to see if Baez can put it together. Castro is off to a nice start, but Javy gives the Cubs a lot of power if he can get it figured out. Should be an interesting summer.

After game 1, i was pretty down on Castro's defense. But to his credit he has been playing some great defense the last week and seems to really "get it" now.

After game 1, i was pretty down on Castro's defense. But to his credit he has been playing some great defense the last week and seems to really "get it" now.
yeah I noticed him dogging it a couple of times down to first just assuming his hit was a single. Madden will beat this out of him if he has to. That's one thing I love about CB. He is always looking for the extra base.

yeah I noticed him dogging it a couple of times down to first just assuming his hit was a single. Madden will beat this out of him if he has to. That's one thing I love about CB. He is always looking for the extra base.

Maddon says Castro is putting in extra defensive work before games and is really praising his effort to be better. With the comments Castro made yesterday about not wanting to be a "joke" at SS and be great it is very encouraging. I was all for trading him after the first game when he just let catchers throws go into CF and made an error. If he keeps playing like this defensively, they have to keep him because he can flat out hit.

Maddon says Castro is putting in extra defensive work before games and is really praising his effort to be better. With the comments Castro made yesterday about not wanting to be a "joke" at SS and be great it is very encouraging. I was all for trading him after the first game when he just let catchers throws go into CF and made an error. If he keeps playing like this defensively, they have to keep him because he can flat out hit.
I agree. He looks more comfortable at the plate then ever so far this season. The entire team seems to be more patient. It's almost weird watching them walk so much. Not much power early in the year, but as the weather warms up, I'm sure we will see plenty of balls leave the yard.

I got to catch the weekend series against the Padres so was able to catch Bryant's first three games which was awesome. It worked out well that LaStella and Olt both went on the DL about the same time. Now with Russell coming up I'm going to need to make it back to Chicago in the near future. This Cubs lineup will be ridiculously good if Bryant and Russell pan out. Hopefully Baez can get the K's under control so he can be a day to day contributor.

At least Jon Lester isn't getting paid ace type money to get blown up like he is....oh wait yes he is. So far that deal is like Edwin Jackson's only 4 times as expensive.

Great win last night, if only a guy could actually watch it on TV!!!! Argh. I want to call and rant to someone with the Cubs so bad about this TV deal they have right now. I could watch the Cards, Brewers, Royals, Twin, Orioles all on my dish last night. But the Cubs, the Cubs!!!! No.

Latest posts