Campbell v Iowa stream/game thread

If this team hustled and worked hard, we might not have seen the blowouts the past two games. It has NOTHING to do with talent. At least not the way we've lost.

Yeah, the original poster said this is just talent...that's totally wrong. We have more "Talent" then this team, we were outplayed and outcoached tonight.

Sickening.

Hard to see the bright side of this one....

Needless to say, our best basketball lies ahead of us....

Good to see Devyn have a good game.....

Does Mel seem like he is distracted? Almost like he has no interest in putting forth any effort.

For God's sake, bench him until he EARNS playing time. :mad:

OUtside of Gatens, no one played hard. And yes, I'll blame Fran for the way we've lost the last two. You have to know who is ready to play and who will give it all. If you don't know that by this time, you shouldn't be coaching.

Marble, Gatens, May, McCabe, Brommer and Ogelsby all played hard

The biggest problem is the key to this team (Basabe and Cartwright) arent playing hard (Basabe) or well (both).

when your point guard and best player are playing like **** its not going to go well. I think its impossible to answer why neither of those guys are playing well. I think its presumptuous to pin that on the coaches

For the last time, we have plenty of shooters..

We need to recruit shooters!

we don't have very good athletes or basketball players. Too many guys on the roster who can do nothing but be stand-still shooters, and even at that are not very good at it.

Roster needs more guys who can actually dribble the ball and go past their man or stay in front of their man on the defensive end. This thing is still a good ways from being fixed.

What talent? Gatens would be a 4th option on most teams. Put him on Wisky and he is the shooter from outside who comes in off the bench. May wouldn't see the floor for any team other than NW, Cartwright has good ball skills but is not a good shooter nor defender. Add in teh fact the kid plays 39 minutes a game he is exhausted. Our "bigs" are guards that are 2" taller.

Fast forward to next year: We add a 7' Center who has skills. We add a PG that has both shooting and ball skills. We add a slashing wing who can get to the rim. We add another 6'10" Center who plays inside.

Add in Basabe, Oglesby, Marble and a few others and we have a completely NEW team.

I didn't think we were going to be this bad this year but we are. I'm not going to complain until year 4. If at Yr 4 we still look like this then I'm folding up the cards and giving up.

Yeah, the original poster said this is just talent...that's totally wrong. We have more "Talent" then this team, we were outplayed and outcoached tonight.

Sickening.

What makes you say we have more talent? Griffin was by far the most talented player on the floor tonight

We suck and have less talent than Campbell. Chew on that fact for a bit. Not good

Marble, Gatens, May, McCabe, Brommer and Ogelsby all played hard

The biggest problem is the key to this team (Basabe and Cartwright) arent playing hard (Basabe) or well (both).

when your point guard and best player are playing like **** its not going to go well. I think its impossible to answer why neither of those guys are playing well. I think its presumptuous to pin that on the coaches
You're crazy if you blame two players for 'not playing hard'....its a whole lot more than just two players...its the whole team, coaching, water boys, cheerleaders, etc.

So suddenly Fran cant coach? May and McCabe are playing very hard, they just arent good at the sport of basketball
We have scheduled easy opponents,and are not playing like a team who wants to win, more like a team that has intertnal problems!! this is the coaches problem to fix!!

OK, I am used to our fans walking out before the game is over, but this is the first time I have seen all of the players head to the bench while there was still time on the clock.

Sickening.

What are you talking about? I just watched the more talented team win.

You're crazy if you blame two players for 'not playing hard'....its a whole lot more than just two players...its the whole team, coaching, water boys, cheerleaders, etc.

My point is when our two best (arguably) players combine for about 6 points and 15% shooting and they happen to play the 2 most important positions on the team things are not going to go well. If Bryce and Mel were playing like they did last year things would look much differently

How is this a crazy thought?

OK, I am used to our fans walking out before the game is over, but this is the first time I have seen all of the players head to the bench while there was still time on the clock.
they should have....they have officially played the worst game in Iowa basketball history.....and if they don't pick it up, they'll have the worst season too.

Has Fran lost this team already? How can we possibly be worse than last year?

Maybe Cole was a better leader then we thought?

They better get this **** straightened out, cause even though I had low expectations this year, this is unexcusable. I still am a fan of Fran, but so far this year he has failed BIG time. A giant F. He'd better get this **** straightened out fast.

Latest posts