Campbell v Iowa stream/game thread

Looks like my law degree will hang above my undergraduate degree this year. While I was in law school at Campbell, their gym held 1,500 people. Terribly embarrassed.

I didn't want him from the get go and so far his coaching ability sucks.

They better get this **** straightened out in a hurry or Carver will resemble a piano recital once again. Attendance is alread down from last year through the first few games.

That isn't what I meant. I didn't mean he should be canned at the end of the year. I'm saying it is his responsibility. Now if it is the same next year, yeah he should be canned.

Boy... sure hope Woody and Gessell are as good as advertised if Fran is only getting 3 years and is expected to produce with these guys as true freshman by your standards.

I agree with this. Iowa needs its two most gifted players along with Marble to be playing at a high level. If Marble is allowed to come from the wing I think you'd see some very good production from him. He played well tonight. You team that with Gatens getting 15 or so a night and Oglesby contributing, then there might be plenty of improvement. Until then, I believe this is what the team will look like.
The components are there for a good team, seems like it will take a while to get there, but I do believe we will. Melsohn seemed to be having fun playing last year, this year none at all. Need him to get his head back in the game.....Bryce hasn't looked right almost the entire season.

This is very early in the season and there is a lot of work to be done, Fran is certainly capable of doing that.

Might need to work on interior D for one thing among many others....

yeah, that logic makes zero sense

No, it doesn't actually and that was a very unsmooth post. If we see the kind of b.s effort we saw tonight and against Creighton the rest of the year and next you want him to stay? That would mean he is a terrible coach. I don't want a terrible coach. Do I think that will happen? Not sure at this point.

Iowa can't afford to fire Fran for at least another 3 years, so everybody might as well cut that **** talk out right now. Absolutely no good coach, or up and comer coach would be willing to walk into a school that, in the last 15 years, forced out Davis, Alford, fired Lick, and fired Fran. Just wouldn't happen.

I believe Fran will get this turned around. Right now, there are just no athletes on the team. Hopefully, that changes soon.

No, it doesn't actually and that was a very unsmooth post. If we see the kind of b.s effort we saw tonight and against Creighton the rest of the year and next you want him to stay? That would mean he is a terrible coach. I don't want a terrible coach. Do I think that will happen? Not sure at this point.

I would like to see how some his recruits pan out. I am willing to give the guy at least 4 years.

We shouldnt be losing to Campbell but those who are shocked need to look at last year (we sucked).

If after Woodbury and Gesell's sophomore year we are still losing to Campbell then it probably wont work with Fran. I think he will get it figured out

Boy... sure hope Woody and Gessell are as good as advertised if Fran is only getting 3 years and is expected to produce with these guys as true freshman by your standards.

I'm so sick of the no talent crap. We just lost to Creighton by 30 and Campbell at home by 20. That my friend is coaching. He has until next year to stop losing to Creighton by 30 and Campbell by 20. Fair enough?

I'm so sick of the no talent crap. We just lost to Creighton by 30 and Campbell at home by 20. That my friend is coaching. He has until next year to stop losing to Creighton by 30 and Campbell by 20. Fair enough?

Our talent is crappy

See my previous post.

If you want to ruin Iowa bball for the forseable future, can Fran within two years.

Wow what a huge let down

I have to admit that I drank the kool aid, I thought we lost to Creighton and Campbell because we were flat and over-looked them but I think the jury is out on whether this team has any talent.

Baasbe looks immature, frustrated, unhappy, lazy, uninterested

Archie is not a D 1 center

mccabe, may, brommer, are great Iowa kids but a step slow on defense and get exposed by quicker & athletic teams

Ogelsby and white have potential but still have a long way to go

Cartwright, Marble and Gatens are decent but need some help

Does Campbell really have more athletic ability than us?? ouch this sucks

Iowa can't afford to fire Fran for at least another 3 years, so everybody might as well cut that **** talk out right now. Absolutely no good coach, or up and comer coach would be willing to walk into a school that, in the last 15 years, forced out Davis, Alford, fired Lick, and fired Fran. Just wouldn't happen.

I believe Fran will get this turned around. Right now, there are just no athletes on the team. Hopefully, that changes soon.
A sound voice of reason is heard....

:)

See my previous post.

If you want to ruin Iowa bball for the forseable future, can Fran within two years.

I'm not talking about canning him if there is improvement this year and next. But if I see the same crap that I saw tonight the rest of the year I'm just not watching.

Wow what a huge let down

I have to admit that I drank the kool aid, I thought we lost to Creighton and Campbell because we were flat and over-looked them but I think the jury is out on whether this team has any talent.

Baasbe looks immature, frustrated, unhappy, lazy, uninterested

Archie is not a D 1 center

mccabe, may, brommer, are great Iowa kids but a step slow on defense and get exposed by quicker & athletic teams

Ogelsby and white have potential but still have a long way to go

Cartwright, Marble and Gatens are decent but need some help

Does Campbell really have more athletic ability than us?? ouch this sucks
They did seem to be more athletic, but they should not have won or beat us by that much. I would like to have a couple of their players on our team. Bobby Hansen kept comparing one player to JuJuan Johnson, and he did play like him but maybe quicker...

One loss by 30 is excusable. Creighton is good enough to blast a team on our level if they play well. It happens, it's one game and you can move on from that but to follow that up by losing to a not great team by almost 20 at home? That's inexcusable and blaming the coaches is fair. You can blame the coaches without wanting them fired or anything crazy.

Latest posts