Campbell v Iowa stream/game thread

My point is when our two best (arguably) players combine for about 6 points and 15% shooting and they happen to play the 2 most important positions on the team things are not going to go well. If Bryce and Mel were playing like they did last year things would look much differently

How is this a crazy thought?
No question that when those two don't play well, the game isn't going to be great...I'm just saying they are not the reasons, or even in the top 3 reasons why we lose.

Yeah, the original poster said this is just talent...that's totally wrong. We have more "Talent" then this team, we were outplayed and outcoached tonight.

Sickening.

I don't think that's true. They destroyed us inside and it wasn't an accident and it wasn't because they out-hustled our more talented players. Their two insiders were much better than what we could put on the floor.

Campbell has the type of athletes that outside of Tyler Smith and Ricky Davis, we haven't had on campus in several years.

No question that when those two don't play well, the game isn't going to be great...I'm just saying they are not the reasons, or even in the top 3 reasons why we lose.

I agree, lots of problems but what were your top 3 reasons for the loss tonight?

I think Griffin absolutely pwning Mel is in my top 3. Mel was a liability tonight

athletically we are WAY away! We will only go as far as basabe and cartwright take us, and right now they both look slow and very poor. I don't understand it.

My point is when our two best (arguably) players combine for about 6 points and 15% shooting and they happen to play the 2 most important positions on the team things are not going to go well. If Bryce and Mel were playing like they did last year things would look much differently

How is this a crazy thought?

When we're playing a nobody any two of our players should be able to stay home.

If we don't change things 100% we're going to be much worse then last year, and if that happens Fran won't be able to get it done.

Sure hope he gets it figured out.

That team had much more talent than Iowa. That wasn't a fluke. That game just goes to show you what having great athlete's that can play basketball can do to a team that is limited with athlete's.

Acutally Mel not showing up yet this year is a very big reason for our problems. He was our biggest hope to have any semblence of an inside game. His lack of development and our lack of another real option inside is a huge problem...easily top 3.

athletically we are WAY away! We will only go as far as basabe and cartwright take us, and right now they both look slow and very poor. I don't understand it.

I agree with this. Iowa needs its two most gifted players along with Marble to be playing at a high level. If Marble is allowed to come from the wing I think you'd see some very good production from him. He played well tonight. You team that with Gatens getting 15 or so a night and Oglesby contributing, then there might be plenty of improvement. Until then, I believe this is what the team will look like.

Wow and Iowa BB team that loses to campbell needs to have their HC shown the door right now...what a pathetic pathetic joke Iowa BB has become, not even worth watching or caring about period....no wonder they are never on B1G the network...who wants to watch this BS.

Marble, Gatens, May, McCabe, Brommer and Ogelsby all played hard

The biggest problem is the key to this team (Basabe and Cartwright) arent playing hard (Basabe) or well (both).

when your point guard and best player are playing like **** its not going to go well. I think its impossible to answer why neither of those guys are playing well. I think its presumptuous to pin that on the coaches
Yep....Have to agree with this....

Really need Bryce to get well, and Melsohn to get back into the game....

:)

Maybe Cole was a better leader then we thought?

They better get this **** straightened out, cause even though I had low expectations this year, this is unexcusable. I still am a fan of Fran, but so far this year he has failed BIG time. A giant F. He'd better get this **** straightened out fast.

People are arguing why we are bad but ultimately it is Fran's responsibility to put a team on the floor that doesn't get embarrassed by Creighton and Campbell. I'll let the season play out but these last two games were a joke.

Other than Gatens, these guys have no confidence. Basabe looks like he's playing half-heartedly in a pick-up game. McCabe and May are out there trying but they aren't very good basketball players. White is being a freshman and has lost some mojo. Oglesby is playing well. I don't know what Cartwright's doing.

It seems the guys are completely out of sync. None of them look comfortable.

Does anybody know what's wrong with Basabe?

Wow and Iowa BB team that loses to campbell needs to have their HC shown the door right now...what a pathetic pathetic joke Iowa BB has become, not even worth watching or caring about period....no wonder they are never on B1G the network...who wants to watch this BS.

People are arguing why we are bad but ultimately it is Fran's responsibility to put a team on the floor that doesn't get embarrassed by Creighton and Campbell. I'll let the season play out but these last two games were a joke.

So you're calling for Fran's head already??

So you're calling for Fran's head already??

That isn't what I meant. I didn't mean he should be canned at the end of the year. I'm saying it is his responsibility. Now if it is the same next year, yeah he should be canned.

Latest posts