C-Mac love

We do. Four of them hit deep shots last night and the threat of the outside shot opens things up for others.

Rephrased. You need all players on the outside to be a threat. Needless shots...no. credible shot..yes.

I'm as happy about this team as anyone. Get another outside threat late in game (conner) and will be hard to beat.

I don't even understand this take at all. He's a great post feeder passing to the best scoring center in the nation. His assists aren't going to drop just because he doesn't score 10 per game.

Seriously? I mean seriously?

If I can do X/O's. 5 players - guarding 5 players. Drop one off to guard biggest threat. More difficult for Garza. W/o penetration, no one else needs to slide leaving another open. It's basic breakdown. I don't get that you don't get that. You aren't dumb. Homer maybe. Most of us except for Dean who wouldn't want anyone else to shoot can stand out wide open and pass into Garza somewhere or someone else. If it's 4 defenders guarding 5 with one standing open.

Maybe this will help.
7c6b9b0d0e8e392c2eac404daa71b6e5e483ee6e.jpg

I made a goof. I meant Shepherd brothers. Tim and Curly were Shepherd brothers.

Bob Sheldon was the Soc who beat the shit out of Johnny in the vacant lot and was later stabbed to death after Johnny started crying a switchblade.
That’s right . In the book I think Tim is 6’3. In the movie looked about 5’3 lol

I turned back 5 miles out of Dubuque, I doubt there were very many blue hairs there last night unless you brought them.
Every high school game in the area was banged last night.

The conditions were worse last night than for the Maryland game because of the freezing rain and wind.

You made the right move by turning around. Poor visibility and bad roads and that wind howling would probably have put you in the ditch.

I will be bringing my posse down for the Illinois game in a couple weeks but the won't be any Blue hairs.

Last edited:
He may have been the same kid who played Moochie Welch in Christine, another awesome book/OK movie.
Don’t remember seeing any fat kids in the outsiders . The actor who plays moochie isn’t in the movie unless he shows up at the rumble . I didn’t see any fat kids at the rumble

I'm not sure if we are think of the same thing or if one of us saw it wrong, but what I thought I saw was Connor complaining to the refs because Kriener tried to intentionally foul the player and the ref didn't call it. It was odd that they let it go too because they already knew the situation that we were going to intentionally foul them. I was pissed they let it go, then saw Connor complaining, so maybe my own thoughts clouded what I thought I saw.
I could have read it wrong but I felt he went at Kriener cause he got sucked up out top and he was supposed to stay low. Then I saw Fran lighting into him on the way into the tunnel. I saw Connor call out RK and Joe and Luka at the Nebraska game. He was jawing at everyone, including Nebraska. He’s in control of this team.

Seriously? I mean seriously?

If I can do X/O's. 5 players - guarding 5 players. Drop one off to guard biggest threat. More difficult for Garza. W/o penetration, no one else needs to slide leaving another open. It's basic breakdown. I don't get that you don't get that. You aren't dumb. Homer maybe. Most of us except for Dean who wouldn't want anyone else to shoot can stand out wide open and pass into Garza somewhere or someone else. If it's 4 defenders guarding 5 with one standing open.

Maybe this will help.
7c6b9b0d0e8e392c2eac404daa71b6e5e483ee6e.jpg

When you have the best scoring big in the nation and 2 of the best 3 point shooters in the nation, teams are going to try to take them away. Even if Connor was a "good" scorer, teams would still pick their poison and cheat off him because of their lack of a better option. The guy shoots 35% from 3 now. What are you expecting out of him to have to do to be able to keep his assists up? The season is half over and no one can stop Garza. It is what it is at this point.

It’s hard not to love EVERY player on this gritty, gutty team, but C-Mac, who has taken a beating from all of us, has really upped his game.

Doesn’t stuff the stat sheet a lot, but is a great passer, darn good ball handler, and floor general. And his grit is equal to Luka, and the rest of team. Oh yeah, he dug out 13 boards tonight!
Not from me. I lost track of the number of posts I made last year defending Connor and/or saying not to judge a guy in his 1st year.

Does anyone else feel like Gold is going all @lightning on us right now? I mean his son did play basketball, kind of like @lightning coached middle school kids. We should all bow down to their supreme basket all knowledge with those chops.

When you have the best scoring big in the nation and 2 of the best 3 point shooters in the nation, teams are going to try to take them away. Even if Connor was a "good" scorer, teams would still pick their poison and cheat off him because of their lack of a better option. The guy shoots 35% from 3 now. What are you expecting out of him to have to do to be able to keep his assists up? The season is half over and no one can stop Garza. It is what it is at this point.

It would be nice to have the scoring threat period.

Bill Self seeking ‘assassin mentality’ out of KU basketball’s Isaiah Moss

https://www.cjonline.com/sports/202...n-mentality-out-of-ku-basketballs-isaiah-moss

As far as national scoring, Iowa ranks 140 on defensive efficiency. Gonzago ranks 39 on D and 1 on O.

That would actually mean something.

Iowa is just ahead of NW and ISU on D efficiency. Those are the only 3 that low by quite a bit Big and Little 12.

Happy they are winning and it's fun. They have things to improve.

I defended Connor last year as a freshman. Connor has heart & is no doubt is a floor leader. His offense ability isn't there yet, he's pushing the ball too much. Toussaint should be getting more playing time. Toussaint turns it over early in games but has settled down in the 2nd half.

Against Mich - Connor dribbled 2 different times into the lane with 3 defenders, then picked up the his dribble. Connor shouldn't be pushing the ball into the lane to score unless it's wide open. How many times do I have to watch his fade away hit the front of the rim? He's holding the ball too long on offense against the zone. Ball needs to move around the 3pt line, he holds on to the ball, letting the defense catch up.

I am not hating Connor but he has some serious offensive flaws that need improvement to justify 30 min / game.

Pemsl's passing ability is vastly underrated.

Go Hawks.

It would be nice to have the scoring threat period.

Bill Self seeking ‘assassin mentality’ out of KU basketball’s Isaiah Moss

https://www.cjonline.com/sports/202...n-mentality-out-of-ku-basketballs-isaiah-moss

As far as national scoring, Iowa ranks 140 on defensive efficiency. Gonzago ranks 39 on D and 1 on O.

That would actually mean something.

Iowa is just ahead of NW and ISU on D efficiency. Those are the only 3 that low by quite a bit Big and Little 12.

Happy they are winning and it's fun. They have things to improve.

If you're saying it would be nice if Connor was a better scorer (which is pretty much saying it would be helpful if he was a better player) than I agree with you Captian Obvious. If you're saying he will stop getting as many assists if he doesn't start scoring more points, then I still have no idea what you're talking about. Either way, sighting defensive efficiency ratings is a weird way to try to prove your point.

And I thought I was old. I don't even know who the hell you are talking about. LOL
Laura Lee Hope (Bobbsey Twins and Nancy Drew) Franklin Dixon (Hardy Boys) Beverly Cleary (Ribsy,[who was a dog], Henry Huggins, Ramona and Beezus) and SE Hinton (The Outsiders, Rumble Fish) were all massively popular with baby boomers who grew up in the fifties, sixties and seventies, with their books readily available in grade school libraries and frequently passed down from older siblings.

Latest posts