C-Mac love

It would be nice to have the scoring threat period.

Bill Self seeking ‘assassin mentality’ out of KU basketball’s Isaiah Moss

https://www.cjonline.com/sports/202...n-mentality-out-of-ku-basketballs-isaiah-moss

As far as national scoring, Iowa ranks 140 on defensive efficiency. Gonzago ranks 39 on D and 1 on O.

That would actually mean something.

Iowa is just ahead of NW and ISU on D efficiency. Those are the only 3 that low by quite a bit Big and Little 12.

Happy they are winning and it's fun. They have things to improve.

Citing Kansas/Self/Moss destroys what limited credibility you were bringing to the thread.

Rephrased. You need all players on the outside to be a threat. Needless shots...no. credible shot..yes.

I'm as happy about this team as anyone. Get another outside threat late in game (conner) and will be hard to beat.

So Connor isn't a "credible shot" three point shooter? He's shooting 34%. I'd call that credible. I'd call what CJ is doing phenomenal at 51%. Weis is shooting 39%. Kreiner is shooting 40% (but not the volume of CJ or Weis). Garza is at 38%. If 34% isn't "credible", I'd like to know what is.

Every high school game in the area was banged last night.

The conditions were worse last night than for the Maryland game because of the freezing rain and wind.

You made the right move by turning around. Poor visibility and bad roads and that wind howling would probably have put you in the ditch.

I will be bringing my posse down for the Illinois game in a couple weeks but the won't be any Blue hairs.

I know a number of teams in the MAC, Muscatine included, moved their games to Thursday night.

As far as national scoring, Iowa ranks 140 on defensive efficiency. Gonzago ranks 39 on D and 1 on O.

That would actually mean something.

According to KenPom, the 12 of the teams in the Big 10 are 40 or above. Contrast that to Gonzaga who is #4, but even with that there are only 4 teams from the West Coast Conference in the top 100 (and San Francisco is #99). And I wouldn't say that Gonzaga has played a tough non-conference schedule; only Arizona is ranked higher than Iowa in KenPom and they had a loss to Michigan in the Atlantis tournament.

I'm not so sure I'd use Gonzaga as a measuring stick. A very good team in a less than mediocre conference.

According to KenPom, the 12 of the teams in the Big 10 are 40 or above. Contrast that to Gonzaga who is #4, but even with that there are only 4 teams from the West Coast Conference in the top 100 (and San Francisco is #99). And I wouldn't say that Gonzaga has played a tough non-conference schedule; only Arizona is ranked higher than Iowa in KenPom and they had a loss to Michigan in the Atlantis tournament.

I'm not so sure I'd use Gonzaga as a measuring stick. A very good team in a less than mediocre conference.

Just saying....don't use Iowa scoring as a measuring stick. The D is a part of that.

So Connor isn't a "credible shot" three point shooter? He's shooting 34%. I'd call that credible. I'd call what CJ is doing phenomenal at 51%. Weis is shooting 39%. Kreiner is shooting 40% (but not the volume of CJ or Weis). Garza is at 38%. If 34% isn't "credible", I'd like to know what is.

As said before, he has terrible form and limited ability to shoot over someone which Moss actually could do.

He sees the court really well. He passes really well. He has 28 points against his last 6 P5 opponents.

As said before, he has terrible form and limited ability to shoot over someone which Moss actually could do.

He sees the court really well. He passes really well. He has 28 points against his last 6 P5 opponents.

I'm not so sure terrible shooting form stops you from shooting over someone. I could never understand how Andrew Toney could shoot with any accuracy at all - he shot two handed. Jeff Hornacek, who was considered a sharp-shooter for the Utah Jazz, had side-spin on his shots - had his shooting elbow stuck way out wide and not under the ball at all. Heck, George McGinnis shot one handed. Yes good form is a good thing to have, but it's not the alpha and omega of high-percentage shooters.

It made sense when people said Connor couldn't shoot because his percentage was terrible. But now that his percentage is ok, he can't shoot because he doesn't have very good form?
Wasn’t it you who brought up Dom Uhl in an discussion earlier today? He shot close to 50% from 3 one year. (I’m not looking for an argument on Cmac’s shooting he’s valuable either way to this team just thought it was interesting parallel in light of recent comments).

It made sense when people said Connor couldn't shoot because his percentage was terrible. But now that his percentage is ok, he can't shoot because he doesn't have very good form?

I know this isn't directed at me but i'll answer. :) There are better shooters (options) on the floor to take this shot but more importantly, his fade-a-way keeps hitting the front of the rim. I am baffled why he doesn't put more air when jumping away from the basket. I understand this missed shot at first but he keeps fading & fronting the rim every game.

And Connor got off to a slow start. Over the last 12 games he’s shooting 38.9% from 3.

Wasn’t it you who brought up Dom Uhl in an discussion earlier today? He shot close to 50% from 3 one year. (I’m not looking for an argument on Cmac’s shooting he’s valuable either way to this team just thought it was interesting parallel in light of recent comments).

Yea he just kept making everything he threw up for a long stretch his sophomore year. Then he was horrible the next year and hardly played his last year. Guys with bad form can be terrible shooters forever, they can go through hot stretches, and they can be good shooters forever. Who knows what Connor will end up doin . But to say he's a bad shooter now when he's actually shooting ok is pretty dumb.

I know this isn't directed at me but i'll answer. :) There are better shooters (options) on the floor to take this shot but more importantly, his fade-a-way keeps hitting the front of the rim. I am baffled why he doesn't put more air when jumping away from the basket. I understand this missed shot at first but he keeps fading & fronting the rim every game.

He was making that fade away earlier in the year. He's been missing lately tho. One thing about Connor is he seems to be able to get a shot off when he wants to (judging by everyone throwing him the ball at the end of the shot clock). If he improves his shooting, he could very well be a go to scorer in 2 years.

Latest posts