Byrd, You Suck!

suggest just sticking to golf events.

Like I said before, I'm not going to change my behavior when I am not the one behaving poorly. I will not be bullied out of an enjoyable experience because other people think that their right to behave in a vulgar matter supersedes my right to support my team.

People like me make up the majority of the audience, but they feel intimidated by characters like most people here who refuse to take things seriously, and celebrate a culture of athletics where poor sportsmanship is celebrated, so they do not speak up. Well, I'm not intimidated, and I stand up for my right do behave in a decent and civilized matter. You guys can call me all the names you want, it just solidifies my position that I support the virtuous position.

Like I said before, I'm not going to change my behavior when I am not the one behaving poorly. I will not be bullied out of an enjoyable experience because other people think that their right to behave in a vulgar matter supersedes my right to support my team.

People like me make up the majority of the audience, but they feel intimidated by characters like most people here who refuse to take things seriously, and celebrate a culture of athletics where poor sportsmanship is celebrated, so they do not speak up. Well, I'm not intimidated, and I stand up for my right do behave in a decent and civilized matter. You guys can call me all the names you want, it just solidifies my position that I support the virtuous position.

Before sports began, heckling was around, if you think Iowa is bad never go to a game in Wisky or any big D1 school. I'm not saying your wrong, but trying to lecture on a message board doesn't do anything.

Before sports began, heckling was around, if you think Iowa is bad never go to a game in Wisky or any big D1 school. I'm not saying your wrong, but trying to lecture on a message board doesn't do anything.

Been to several B1G venues. Can't say I've heard this stuff. Only when the Bears played in Champaign.

I don't believe you make up the majority of the 'audience'. You are attending a sporting event where excitement is high, emotions are through the roof and people act a little more rowdy than they would normally. I don't expect you to change your behavior but don't expect others to do it either. You can feel as self-righteous as you want, I just don't think you're going to win a lot of sympathy points on a sports message board.

I'm not trying to lecture anyone. I'm just telling you how it is. The majority of people here seem to celebrate a culture of vulgarity and poor sportsmanship, and I am explaining that this kind of behavior is looked down upon by most people. It doesn't matter how people in Wisconsin act, or even how other people in the crowd act; You determine your own behavior, and you're responsible for the things you say and do. You people can sit around in a place like this and congratulate yourselves for acting the most immature, but just know that serious, civilized people are judging you for your actions.

I'm not trying to lecture anyone. I'm just telling you how it is. The majority of people here seem to celebrate a culture of vulgarity and poor sportsmanship, and I am explaining that this kind of behavior is looked down upon by most people. It doesn't matter how people in Wisconsin act, or even how other people in the crowd act; You determine your own behavior, and you're responsible for the things you say and do. You people can sit around in a place like this and congratulate yourselves for acting the most immature, but just know that serious, civilized people are judging you for your actions.

You're an incredibly boring man.

You're an incredibly boring man.

That is patently untrue. What is more revealing is that you believe a call for civility and decorum is a boring trait.

I frequently attend sporting competition, and myself and thousands around me do not experience boredom when we're cheering on our team. Because most people possess maturity above that of an adolescent male, we are able to stave off boredom without shouting others s*** or by shouting negative things at the opposing players.

Let's view this from a different angle. I have heard several athletes, when discussing playing in hostile venues, comment on the volume of the crowd cheering the home team. I have never heard a post-game interview where the opposing player discusses how rattled they were by the booing or the chanting against them.

That is patently untrue. What is more revealing is that you believe a call for civility and decorum is a boring trait.

I frequently attend sporting competition, and myself and thousands around me do not experience boredom when we're cheering on our team. Because most people possess maturity above that of an adolescent male, we are able to stave off boredom without shouting others s*** or by shouting negative things at the opposing players.

Let's view this from a different angle. I have heard several athletes, when discussing playing in hostile venues, comment on the volume of the crowd cheering the home team. I have never heard a post-game interview where the opposing player discusses how rattled they were by the booing or the chanting against them.

There will always be idiots. No reason to argue with one. Some parent didn't do their job.

yeah, the Deon Thomas mess, ILHawk....:(

It was interesting watching all that as a hawk fan living here. Illini fans are still in denial how renegade their program was.

However, the fact that Iowa had Bruce Pearle does present some problems for Hawkdom. Where there is smoke, fire is present. The Illini fans could never come to terms with Lou Doo maybe being less than a perfect king. Illini fans have been victims in their minds ever since. Probably why I have little patience for Hawk fans being forever referee victims. All fans think refs stink when they lose, but going back to Lute, Hawk fans are pretty high on that list. Bout the only complaint I have about Lute other than leaving. Generally Illanoy fans hate one ref, but whining on the ref front pales in comparison to hawkdom. But boy are they NCAA, Bruce Pearle, Iowa, and so on victims. Truly they hate Iowa.

Interesting going back to Chris Street. Iowa's first loss was the Kaufman shot at Illinois. Deon Thomas actually accidently scored what looked like the game winning shot for Iowa before AK's shot.

Klondike, you suck.

Duff, your proving this jackholes point... You've been reduced to name calling by this guy. He is just what is wanted on this website. Serious posters. This is why they banned so many before...because they gave serious posters a hard time ...especially in the sports forums. Its not wanted here. So please don't say things like that or you'll be banned too. I still haven't gotten over the first bunch. He should be allowed to come in and say what he wants without having juvenile-minded adults giving him a hard time. Besides, he makes some good points.

Duff, your proving this jackholes point... You've been reduced to name calling by this guy. He is just what is wanted on this website. Serious posters. This is why they banned so many before...because they gave serious posters a hard time ...especially in the sports forums. Its not wanted here. So please don't say things like that or you'll be banned too. I still haven't gotten over the first bunch. He should be allowed to come in and say what he wants without having juvenile-minded adults giving him a hard time. Besides, he makes some good points.

Dont you go sucking too?

Dont you go sucking too?

I'm not trying to suck. I just don't want to lose you, duff. :( There aren't many light hearted jokesters left here. It's gotten so serious. The ones that might join in are scared. You can't do that in the sports forums. Remember the rules. Klondike has probably been lurking all this time and now feels comfortable posting, and you're going to ruin that for him.

Come on now...let's go to OT and find something to talk about. We could bump my thread about my braces and you can tell me those suck.

I'm not trying to suck. I just don't want to lose you, duff. :( There aren't many light hearted jokesters left here. It's gotten so serious. The ones that might join in are scared. You can't do that in the sports forums. Remember the rules. Klondike has probably been lurking all this time and now feels comfortable posting, and you're going to ruin that for him.

Come on now...let's go to OT and find something to talk about. We could bump my thread about my braces and you can tell me those suck.

But I am being serious.

Klindike sucks, seriously.

But I am being serious.

Klindike sucks, seriously.

Seriously, you don't know the guy and he has every right to express his opinions in sports forums that are meant for honest and forthright discussions, without fear of being given a hard time. (I would have said trolled but some of the Internet message board newbies might not have known what that meant....especially if they fish). I think you're making other posters feel uncomfortable too, so knock it off. Nobody is posting in this thread, including Clondick.

Last edited:

Latest posts