Brommer Rumor

Why do people think we have so much depth at his position. He is a center, the only other centers we have are Cole, a SR next year, and Cougs who really has shown a lot more from 3 than in the paint. From everything I have heard, Larson and Archie are forwards, and McCabe will definitely be a wing. Brommer is actually the only guy we have with height that has a Big 10 body.

2009 Reebok All-American Camp

Just a couple of times in the game to check out...

D-One vs. Dakota Schoolers

3:30, 4:05, 13:10, 15:30, 29:40, 31:05, 38:20, 38:55, 39:25, 43:05, 49:40, 50:05, 65:25, 71:15

Let me know what you think. I think you'll agree with me.

Very nice - lots of athleticism and moves very well for a big man. Not a ton of D being played by that other team but it was still impressive. The announcers were lovin him

Looking at the Iowa site it says he has gained 15lbs, so I need to give credit to him for hitting the weights, however, I don't think he has the coordination or athletic ability to be an effective player at this level.

TC-players have to work on their games as well; it's never solely on the coaching staff to help a player develop. Brommer sees Big Ten caliber players all the time and he should understand where he needs to be if he wants to compete.

My understanding is that Cougill worked as hard as anyone last Summer and you can see it in his shooting ability from the outside. He was a decent shooter in high school, but he is very solid from 3 this year for his size. That was due to him working his tail off in the off season.

My understanding is that Cougill worked as hard as anyone last Summer and you can see it in his shooting ability from the outside. He was a decent shooter in high school, but he is very solid from 3 this year for his size. That was due to him working his tail off in the off season.
Think he needs to work that hard on his conditioning this year. Any conditioning experts out there? It seems to me that with his body type he has to lose a lot of weight first and then put muscle back on. What he's carrying around now isn't going to turn to muscle.

Very nice - lots of athleticism and moves very well for a big man. Not a ton of D being played by that other team but it was still impressive. The announcers were lovin him

My favorite clip is the one where he scores and we don't see it, but Pitino was loving it and i'm sure made him consider offering........ :)

I can understand why Tucker is leaving, at imo this is not on Lick. I don't want Brommer to leave, but I am not going to hold that against Lick either. The core of this team has been developed and those two have not been a part of it. This would also open up two schollies for next year to fill some serious needs if the right player is out there.

People who hate on Lick can't have it both ways. You were pi$$ed that he did not have any schollies for next year to bring in a pg. Now, one player leaves and another is rumored and you want Lick gone, even though it opens up the possibiliy to bring in somebody to remedy one of the situaions you have been complaining about. Lick is damed if he does and damed if he doesn't with some of you. If both Tucker and Brommer leave, this could be one of the best things to happen to the team and fanbase as a whole. Can we just wait and see how it plays out?

I know this rumor has been floating all season but the timing of the thread to me seems odd. Brommer was one of the first guys off the bench on Wednesday's game against NW.

I don't understand the mentality of an athlete who leaves because they aren't playing enough, or whatever.

I can provide two examples of Iowa BB players who weren't that good early in their career, and didn't contribute a whole lot until maybe their junior years, but especially their senior years, and when they finally turned the corner, they turned it in a big way. Anyone remember Les Jepsen and Brad Lohaus? Great examples of players who stuck around, got better, got stronger, and then ended up playing for $.

It's 2010, transfers are on the rise nationwide.

If someone transfers out because they see no playing time in the future due to better players coming in...F being embarrassed, I'll take the better players!

I only read the first page of this thread, but it seems like losing Brommer is the "Lickliter Bashers" makeup date for not getting to b!tch after the Northwestern game...That being said, if another starter leaves after this season, I will be the first to say "enough's enough".

A poster on another site is claiming that Brommer told him personally that he is transferring to Long Beach State--coached by Dan Monson, formerly of Minnesota. That would make some sense.

I wish both Tucker and Brommer (if in fact he is leaving) the best, but I think this would be a positive development for the program if we can add a quality true PG to the 2010 class and hold the other ride for the 2011 class.

I am not advocating tranfers and I do agree that they have been a problem thus far. However, now that Tucker is gone, and if in fact Brommer transfers, I think this should be something that people on both sides of the Lickliter fence should be happy with. Especially if quality replacements are brought in.

I am not advocating tranfers and I do agree that they have been a problem thus far. However, now that Tucker is gone, and if in fact Brommer transfers, I think this should be something that people on both sides of the Lickliter fence should be happy with. Especially if quality replacements are brought in.

I think for the first time ever you and I agree. The only word that I don't like in your statement was IF. IF Lick and friends can bring in better talent is still the big question mark. IF they can then I will be ok (not thrilled) that both players transferred because I think that both of them could be strong contributors to this team.

Actually it fully is the blame of the coaching staff that he has not developed correctly, that is totally all on the coaching staff...

Wasn't the general consensus on these boards when Andrew was signed was that he was going to be a project? If we can agree on that, why are we fretting about his development? He's not a finished product yet. He's midway through his second year. And having seen him play this year vs. last year, I'd say he's gotten better.
________
LIVE SEX

Last edited:
I think for the first time ever you and I agree. The only word that I don't like in your statement was IF. IF Lick and friends can bring in better talent is still the big question mark. IF they can then I will be ok (not thrilled) that both players transferred because I think that both of them could be strong contributors to this team.

The IF is the part though is so hard to know right away. Lick could sign a 2* kid that no other program is looking at like May, and he will be roundly condemned on these boards by most. Yet as May has shown, it is what they do on the court that matters.

We have, in essence, 5 new players coming in next year. We've been playing our best ball without Tucker, and Brommer is (IMO) our worst scholarship player. Is this really a big deal? Do we need to call for Lick's head on this one? (if even true).

The way I see it, this allows us to bring in Williams (or another JUCO) this year, and have 2 scholarships open for 2011.

Wasn't the general consensus on these boards when Andrew was signed was that he was going to be a project? If we can agree on that, why are we fretting about his development? He's not a finished product yet. He's midway through his second year. And having seen him play this year vs. last year, I'd say he's gotten better.
He was absolutely a project. The first thing I said was he was going to be redshirted. Didn't happen, though.

Latest posts