Brommer Rumor

Would it shock anyone? Look at the frontcourt for next year...Cole,Cougs,Fuller,Archie,Larson and McCabe...all vying for time at 2 spots? Brommer has to see the handwriting on the wall...if he wants to play. He could transfer to a Horizon league team,sit a year,and have two productive playing years...

Sorry, whether or not Brommers good or not, this is getting embarrassing.

To me, its not about the quality of the player right now, its the principal of the whole thing. We've been losing players after every Lickliter season.

If Barta lets Lickliter go, I wont be upset. I'm not calling for his head, but if Barta did it, I would have a hard time making an argument for Lickliter.

Rumor has it that Andrew Brommer may also be transferring out of Iowa.

From the beginning of the season I figured if anyone left it would be him. His playing time is so off and on. At first I thought he was a terrible player, but the more I watched the guy I realized with a little confidence I bet he could contribute nicely on a quality team. He has good size/thickness and he has really good feet. His offensive game is far from great, but he could live on put backs and garbage points. He is not a great player but if coached up/give the chance I think he could contribute.

Sorry, whether or not Brommers good or not, this is getting embarrassing.

To me, its not about the quality of the player right now, its the principal of the whole thing. We've been losing players after every Lickliter season.

If Barta lets Lickliter go, I wont be upset. I'm not calling for his head, but if Barta did it, I would have a hard time making an argument for Lickliter.

bingo, losing kids every year is getting old, and if this is true this falls directly on Lick's head.

I'm torn I never want an Iowa player to leave and with Lick's past history this would not be good. However, Cole, Larson, Archie, Cougill are probably all ahead of Brommer and he does not have the versatility to play the four very often/well so it wouldn't be devastating to the team and we would have another scholarship.

If any of the core players (Fuller, Cole, Cougill, May, Payne, Gatens or any incoming recruit) back out then we HAVE to fire Lick imo

bingo, losing kids every year is getting old, and if this is true this falls directly on Lick's head.

Correct.

This was beyond ridiculous last season and if it continues Lick needs to go. He recruited them and thought they were good enough to come play for him, I dont care how good or bad a player is. The continued revolving door is horrible for the program and should be a major embarrassment for Lickliter and his staff.

Come on, use common sense, kids want to play. They realize they don't fit in, they will go. Writing is on the wall this core is getting better and the recruits will help and those that are playing now will go further down on the bench.

If any of the core players (Fuller, Cole, Cougill, May, Payne, Gatens or any incoming recruit) back out then we HAVE to fire Lick imo

Isn't this saying something in and of itself? In a stable program with few defections the departure of a "core" player would be disappointing but hardly reason for the coach's firing.

I think most Iowa fans are in agreement with your statement.

Originally i wanted Brommer to transfer but not anymore. We need players to stay here. If he isnt good enough than that is the coaches fault for not being able to evaluate talent. Any more defections and i will have had enough - its getting old to talk about

That's the thing with rebuilding, you get as many bodies as you can. Once you start turning the program, those that were meant for roles as bodies realize they need to go elsewhere if they are going to play. That may be the rumor with Brommer.

Isn't this saying something in and of itself? In a stable program with few defections the departure of a "core" player would be disappointing but hardly reason for the coach's firing.

Oh absolutely it's saying something! We've won 11 B10 games in almost 3 years and have had 7 transfers (including Kelly, Smith, and Tucker) and now we've had Davis, Tucker and potentially Brommer leaving that's three of his own players. Things are not good in Hawk land and I'm all for a 4th year (which I think he could get things turnaround) but the coach is on THIN ICE.

However, I agree with Hawkeyebball too that this is somewhat inevitable that a bench player would want to play especially with the depth at that position and incoming recruits potentially passing him. Still... thin ice

Originally i wanted Brommer to transfer but not anymore. We need players to stay here. If he isnt good enough than that is the coaches fault for not being able to evaluate talent. Any more defections and i will have had enough - its getting old to talk about

Haha I find it quite humorous that you wanted this to happen until it actually did (come on you have to admit the timing is funny :)). I guess today it's sometimes impossible to be pleased with Iowa basketball.

Oh absolutely it's saying something! We've won 11 B10 games in almost 3 years and have had 7 transfers (including Kelly, Smith, and Tucker) and now we've had Davis, Tucker and potentially Brommer leaving that's three of his own players. Things are not good in Hawk land and I'm all for a 4th year (which I think he could get things turnaround) but the coach is on THIN ICE.

However, I agree with Hawkeyebball too that this is somewhat inevitable that a bench player would want to play especially with the depth at that position and incoming recruits potentially passing him. Still... thin ice

JDavis, you left? You're still here :)

It is thin ice, I agree, however when you are rebuilding it is getting as many bodies as you can. 5 recruits last year and 4 this year. That is far from the standard.

Iowa bball at the current time = unstable

Haha I find it quite humorous that you wanted this to happen until it actually did (come on you have to admit the timing is funny :)). I guess today it's sometimes impossible to be pleased with Iowa basketball.

I understand youre point and im admitting my original stance was wrong

I was ok with him transferring at the beginning of the season when the rumors started. Now with all the **** thats gone down i realize my original stance was wrong. We need players to stay.

Latest posts