Brian named OC

He is accountable, it's just a much longer leash than any other football coach walking the planet which is a problem although the seat had gotten fairly warm before the 2015 year of 12-2.
To whom?

If you're going to say that then you have to at least back it up. Because Kirk Ferentz isn't going anywhere until he decides to quit.

Either we flourish or both can be ran out of town in a couple years.
I'm predicting flourish. I've always liked his enthusiasm, his commitment to the program, and a track record of accomplishments - one doesn't advance in the Patriot organization unless you know what you're doing and do it well; Belichick doesn't have time for that, not even as a favor to Ferentz. And he's been accomplished at Iowa as well.

To whom?

If you're going to say that then you have to at least back it up. Because Kirk Ferentz isn't going anywhere until he decides to quit.

To both boosters and the University. Just because they haven't acted on it doesn't mean he's not accountable. They just apparently like what he brings to the table more than what they think anyone else can bring. Big difference. Just cause you disagree with their philosophy (as I do) doesn't mean there's zero accountability.

This ensures that Kirk will not retire until Brian is ready to take over. I wish him the best but with no experience it may be rough sledding for a couple of years.

To both boosters and the University. Just because they haven't acted on it doesn't mean he's not accountable. They just apparently like what he brings to the table more than what they think anyone else can bring. Big difference. Just cause you disagree with their philosophy (as I do) doesn't mean there's zero accountability.
I hate to break it to you but KF has zero accountability to the U itself. None.

People like the Hansens, Ted Pacha, Richard Jacobson before he died, the McCords (before they got busted for tax evasion), just to name a tiny few...these are the kind of people who are going to make sure he finishes his contract whether he has a 12-2 season or a 4-8 one. They absolutely love the guy and so do a majority of the casual football fans in Iowa. I don't know how much more clearly it can be said, but if you don't think the boosters are in charge of P5 major athletics you're delusional. Some donors are much less tolerant of failure (Nebraska's dumpster fire is a perfect example) but we have the opposite problem. A coach who is too clean to run out of town. Believe what you want.

Were people who didn't have a chance to get the OC position given a chance to interview? I hope so...we want things to be fair in Kirkland.

I hate to break it to you but KF has zero accountability to the U itself. None.

People like the Hansens, Ted Pacha, Richard Jacobson before he died, the McCords (before they got busted for tax evasion), just to name a tiny few...these are the kind of people who are going to make sure he finishes his contract whether he has a 12-2 season or a 4-8 one. They absolutely love the guy and so do a majority of the casual football fans in Iowa. I don't know how much more clearly it can be said, but if you don't think the boosters are in charge of P5 major athletics you're delusional. Some donors are much less tolerant of failure (Nebraska's dumpster fire is a perfect example) but we have the opposite problem. A coach who is too clean to run out of town. Believe what you want.

Broken_Record.jpg

4ny2wkxnz

The thing Im hoping will happen is KF lets him do what he wants with the O. This is the only hire that could allow that to happen. Otherwise, we get another yes man. And that would have sucked.

If KF truly wants BF to take over, he has to let him run the offense as he sees fit, With no interference.

That could be a really good thing.

On the other hand of we tank the next 2 seasons. See you later Ferentz family.

I think this will turn out to be really foolish or will work out in the long run. I'm disappointed though that, making an educated guess, other more qualified coaches were not considered for the position. Also, that any serious changes to the offense are not likely coming.

If things get really ugly again, it will be on on the Ferentz's on the offensive side of the ball. So, it will either work or fail miserably.

Point- The TE's set records when Brian coached them in new England. Our Te's have all but disappeared. My guess is they come roaring back. Also Davis threw to the outside a huge percentage of the time. More throws over the middle I would guess.

Latest posts