Brian Ferentz bolting to coach with O'brien for Houston Texans?

Originally Posted by deanvogsI can't speak for others, but for me it isn't about who is the next head coach. It is about keeping a very good assistant on staff, or even getting BF moved into the OC spot, as this is the only way that the Iowa offense even has a chance of changing._________________________________________________________________ I agree with you about keeping a good assistant on staff. I wouldn't mind seeing him get a chance at OC; but I really like his fire, his youth is a big one for recruits, (IIRC) he really upped the social media push for Iowa, and his resume to this point is pretty good. I also think he is good at developing the talent, and getting the players to perform better.__________________________________________________Do you think BF has the chops to work with and develop qb's? We still don't have a qb coach and someone has to develop that position. My understanding is that is one of GD's responsibilities.

How much of a pay difference? Anyone?

Brian made $242,895 in 2013.

I couldn't find much information on NFL assistant coach salaries, but most of the sites I saw said it usually starts at about $400,000. I assume Brian would make more than that with a previous stint in the NFL.

Brian made $242,895 in 2013.

I couldn't find much information on NFL assistant coach salaries, but most of the sites I saw said it usually starts at about $400,000. I assume Brian would make more than that with a previous stint in the NFL.

It's good to be a Ferentz at Iowa. Anyone know how much Coach Morgan makes?

That is a bit of a difference in pay. He may need to be promised something, or given a raise to stay. Im sure nepotism will be suggested (over and over and over by some on here) with the idea of a raise for BF. I personally think he would be worth the money to keep. If he can't get an unscheduled raise due to nepotism suggestions, maybe he should go. He could improve his life financially for his new family and improve his football experience and IQ. The guy will be a head coach somewhere someday, so it's all relative

Its not just a message board rummer. Its going around inside the Hawkeye family too. But know one seems to know for sure. Or if they do they wont go on the record

Thanks, LASBUR. I hope he stays, if for no other reason, I think he has been behind the boost in recruiting energy we have seen the past couple of recruiting cycles. But hey, gotta do what ya gotta do.

If true, I wonder how the staff will be shuffled with this being a critical time during recruiting. BF was a co-recruiter with Chris White on RB C.J. Hilliard. Very interesting he wasn't in on some of the other recruits.

Just curious how this staff is going to be shaped if BF is leaving for the Texans.

This may be selfish but I really hope he stays. I think he has become part of the brain trust that in the past just included Dolyle OC DC & KF. Just a opinion but I think he helps KF accept change a little more

I wish BF nothing but the best, and hoping he doesn't leave. Hoping his Dad has big plans for him at Iowa.

A lot of dumb being said by Kirby in this thread, congrats.

Maybe Brian is using the ol' " KF to the NFL" strategy of how to get a pay raise. Remember, Barta personally handles Brian Ferentz's contract, review, etc. How dumb would Barta have to be to fall for this with Brian too? Brian stays and gets a hefty pay raise...book it! Because Barta is indeed THAT stupid.

Maybe Brian is using the ol' " KF to the NFL" strategy of how to get a pay raise. Remember, Barta personally handles Brian Ferentz's contract, review, etc. How dumb would Barta have to be to fall for this with Brian too? Brian stays and gets a hefty pay raise...book it! Because Barta is indeed THAT stupid.

Sorry to pop your little hatefest conspiracy about Brian. Looks like he is staying put at Iowa, with no indication of a big raise you suggest. Iowa assistants are among the lowest paid in the league. OSU and Michigan have assistants making over 1 million, and Iowa's top paid assistant is around 400k......but hey, maybe KF and Brian were behind 9/11 planes into NYC towers also.....right up your conspiracy craplist.

Lol my god some of you guys are insanely ignorant. I'm sure all of the KF to the NFL rumors were simply made to get him a raise. It's not like any of these NFL teams actually had any interest in him right?

lightning seriously you should stop and think about what you're saying before you hit the "post" button. It's significantly impacting any credibility you may have. It's absolutely amazing to me the conclusions that people draw in their own minds without considering any facts from people who actually have inside knowledge of situations. Everything is one big conspiracy! KF is taking over the world one step at a time!

Sorry to pop your little hatefest conspiracy about Brian. Looks like he is staying put at Iowa, with no indication of a big raise you suggest. Iowa assistants are among the lowest paid in the league. OSU and Michigan have assistants making over 1 million, and Iowa's top paid assistant is around 400k......but hey, maybe KF and Brian were behind 9/11 planes into NYC towers also.....right up your conspiracy craplist.
I don't hate Brian. Iowa's assistants being among the lowest paid is a problem for me. You're only as good as the people around you. I'd like to see Iowa pay about double what they do right now.

Latest posts