Braylon questions if Michigan is better than Iowa

That's suppose to be a dig at Iowa? I am not butthurt about it. If they run Harbaugh out of there, who are they going to get? Who is the next savior?
That's what I find so hilarious about all the angst towards Harbaugh... I mean geez have they already forgotten the Rich Rod and Brady Hoke years? He instantly got them better than what they were. I understand not being happy with Harbaughs overall results so far but their expectations are nuts.. It's taken him awhile to get a QB (which I found odd but whatever) but now that they have a really talented one they want to crucify him after just one game against a good ND team on the road... Perspective is something a lot of fan bases just don't have. For their sake I hope their administration has more than the fan base.

I find that some of the media is torn on this kinda funny. It's because he works for the BIG network and not ESPN or FOX sports that what he said is such a big deal I guess. So subtract his cussing of course dropping the F bombs was bad but he's sure not the first to do that. As far as the critiquing words he used a lot of talk radio and tv talking heads use inflammatory language to make their points. It's how they do it. I'd be surprised if Stephen A Smith, Skip Bayless, Jim Rome Colin Cowherd all didn't say similarish things just without the F bombs about players/teams. So in Edwards case it's just a matter of who he works for... I don't have a problem with it. Passion is great. But I'm also ok with his employer not being ok with it too. They can set the tone of what they want representing them and that's fine too.

The BIG network really leaves a lot to be desired with their opinion guys. You'd think everything was rainbows up in MD and OSU still. (not to mention MSU) They hardly utter an opinion of any serious critique ever which is clearly by design and man is it boring. They also don't seem to have any investigative reporters that actually dig into anything. They also spend a disproportionate amount of time on OSU, Michigan, and PSU compared to the rest regardless of the news of the day. If it wasn't for the fact they do cover Iowa and show most of Iowa's games I can't say I'm a huge fan of the network..

What I find amusing is all of the "he hasn't beat Ohio State" talk surrounding Harbaugh. News flash...he hasn't even beaten Iowa yet...and got run over here as a kid (though the driver says Jim hit him).

Mike Roehlk was the offensive lineman in 1983 who stopped an egg and a bottle of booze that were both headed directly for Hayden's skull on the Camp Randall sidelines. No joke.

Driving to Madison before 151 became four lanes one might encounter several derogatory, profanity laced banners in the small towns directed at both Iowa and Fry.

In 1985 during halftime at Camp Randall, Jim Zabel interviewed then Wisconsin Associate Athletic Director Elroy Hirsch, the former NFL receiver known as crazylegs. Hirsch immediately went into a tirade directed at Fry, calling him an arrogant jerk on the air and claiming he was going to turn him into the league office if he didn't stop running up scores.

Hey Crazylegs, that annual five mile race in Madison that bears your name really sucks. I'd rather run in a tarpit.
Hirsch got the nickname in college. He actually split his time between UW, UM, and the Marines, before entering the NFL. The race wasn't his doing but a couple others' idea and needed a sponsor. Whether one likes the race or not, it IS a successful charity event, and one copied by the B1G. Kind'a like naming something after Kinnick.

Last edited:
So seriously, what gives? Michigan consistently recruits and gets the top guys in the country. 2016 and 2017 they had top 10 classes with multiple 5 stars and a bevy of 4 stars. Heck, they even nabbed Oliver Martin from IC. Harbaugh has shown that he can coach at both Stanford and in the NFL. How are they not right up there with the top teams in the country every year?

Bottom line is that Michigan mirrors Iowa in style. The records are almost identical. Smash mouth football can only get you so far. His D is stellar. His O is very QB dependent. Take BB off KFs earlier years and....

The 2 programs are quite similar except that I would guess Jim's D is better so far comparing positions not on the line.

Iowa's O is an unknown so far.

So seriously, what gives? Michigan consistently recruits and gets the top guys in the country. 2016 and 2017 they had top 10 classes with multiple 5 stars and a bevy of 4 stars. Heck, they even nabbed Oliver Martin from IC. Harbaugh has shown that he can coach at both Stanford and in the NFL. How are they not right up there with the top teams in the country every year?

Because the B1G is a football anomaly. Where strength commonly paves the way over athletic talent. Everywhere else in the world you can win with superior talent at skill positions. In the B1G you can only win if you win the trenches.

Harbaugh needs to quit window shopping WR's and playmakers and focus more on that offensive line.

Bottom line is that Michigan mirrors Iowa in style. The records are almost identical. Smash mouth football can only get you so far. His D is stellar. His O is very QB dependent. Take BB off KFs earlier years and....

The 2 programs are quite similar except that I would guess Jim's D is better so far comparing positions not on the line.

Iowa's O is an unknown so far.

Lol Michigan's offense tries smash mouth, but it doesn't accomplish it. They need better O line play. Then QB's and passing game will automatically look better.

Lol Michigan's offense tries smash mouth, but it doesn't accomplish it. They need better O line play. Then QB's and passing game will automatically look better.

Kirk?

Ya, CJ didn't have anything to do with 2015 and JR would have done the same. OK. LOL.

I thought Jimmy was the QB whisperer? HA! I think he's a phony! How can you have all those stars and stink? Got a little lucky in previous coaching jobs? One thing Jimmy has proven he is MORE stubborn than KF. Is their defense even in the upper tier?

The short answer is that they were just a couple of plays away from being much more special in 2016. And one more issue is that the Quarterback play was substandard in 2016 and 2017.

Wonder if BigTen network will require braylon to do an alcohol assessment / have counseling or even Rehab. After All he said he was inebriated. Grownups don't act like that...especially grownups who are public figures.

Kirk?

Ya, CJ didn't have anything to do with 2015 and JR would have done the same. OK. LOL.

Lol that point is irrelevant. Iowa has the superior line play so evaluation of individual QB'S behind that line is based only on what the QB can do.

In Michigan's case they can't establish the LOS so the QB isn't really able to showcase himself properly.

Wonder if BigTen network will require braylon to do an alcohol assessment / have counseling or even Rehab. After All he said he was inebriated. Grownups don't act like that...especially grownups who are public figures.

I am surprised he didn't blame ambien. That seems to be the new trendy excuse for bizarre tweets recently.

What do you mean an arbitrary star rating doesn't always equate into wins. WHAT IS THIS WHICHCRAFT

Lol that point is irrelevant. Iowa has the superior line play so evaluation of individual QB'S behind that line is based only on what the QB can do.

In Michigan's case they can't establish the LOS so the QB isn't really able to showcase himself properly.

In recent history Iowa has had the same problem. It was a problem with CJ under center as well. Makes a huge difference. Look at CJ year 1 to year 2. What changed is his mobility. LOL. Are you Larry of Lowden? You sign your initials and town to a lot of your posts ....lol...

You're an arrogant sucker.

Latest posts