Braylon questions if Michigan is better than Iowa

Gee Braylon, Iowa is 2-2 against Ohio St. this century and actually has been to Indy. Why the hesitation? You can just say what your heart feels.

Actually they're 2-6 against Ohio St this century. Interesting to note that each team has 2 blowout wins in the series this century and other 4 have been very competitive. Quite a bit different than the Fry era when Ohio St destroyed Iowa regularly.

As for Michigan. Iowa is 7-5 against them this century and overall the programs appear to be on very equal footing. Even the way they play is similar. The only real difference I see in the programs is Michigan usually has a better non-conference opponent than Iowa does and they play in a tougher division. But of course those divisions have only been in place for 4 seasons prior to this.

Actually they're 2-6 against Ohio St this century. Interesting to note that each team has 2 blowout wins in the series this century and other 4 have been very competitive. Quite a bit different than the Fry era when Ohio St destroyed Iowa regularly.

I stand corrected. I think I had to drink away my sorrows in 4 losses.

Did anyone have an opportunity to watch Braylon analyze the games? I am not so sure if he should be worrying about whether Iowa is better than Michigan but whether or not he still has a job. I think the Big Ten network may have a better show if they hire a mime to take his place.

Based on the past 5 years, Iowa is clearly a better program than Nebraska or Michigan.

We are still chasing Ohio State, Michigan State, Penn State and Wisconsin, IMHO.

Not really arguing with your point. However, I have been around long enough (as you have) to remember when Iowa pretty much named the score against the Badgers; I don't know the history that well with MSU, but I would guess we have been pretty evenly matched with them for quite a while. I still remember, with great fondness, when Iowa gave Barry A. a going away present with a big victory in Madison! And, I remember when Hayden and the Badger fans had a really heated relationship. Loved it.

Edwards has bigger fish to fry.

And so does the coach of his former team.

When Michigan plays Nebraska it may come down to whatever coach cries 99 tears first.

Michigan's basketball program, since the Johnny Orr years, has been far more productive than it's it's football program. Three coaches have combined to take them to six national championship games.

The football program had it's title in 1997 and more than it's share of mirages for all the hype it gets.

So let me guess the next Jon/Steve podcast will be a Michigan podcast. Steve has to vent somewhere why not on a Hawkeye podcast.:)

Braylon Edwards posing the question “Is Michigan Better than Iowa”?? LMAO pretty easy answer NO.. Michigan has 1 win against Iowa in last 6 meetings dating back to 2009.. Hey Braylon you work for the Big Ten Network look it up SCRUB!!!!
Probably why he asked the question. It’s rhetorical. He knows the answer.

So now Iowa has NW, Nebraska, and a Michigan alumnus comparing their program to the Hawks. Ohhh-kay

That's suppose to be a dig at Iowa? I am not butthurt about it. If they run Harbaugh out of there, who are they going to get? Who is the next savior?

Not really arguing with your point. However, I have been around long enough (as you have) to remember when Iowa pretty much named the score against the Badgers; I don't know the history that well with MSU, but I would guess we have been pretty evenly matched with them for quite a while. I still remember, with great fondness, when Iowa gave Barry A. a going away present with a big victory in Madison! And, I remember when Hayden and the Badger fans had a really heated relationship. Loved it.
Mike Roehlk was the offensive lineman in 1983 who stopped an egg and a bottle of booze that were both headed directly for Hayden's skull on the Camp Randall sidelines. No joke.

Driving to Madison before 151 became four lanes one might encounter several derogatory, profanity laced banners in the small towns directed at both Iowa and Fry.

In 1985 during halftime at Camp Randall, Jim Zabel interviewed then Wisconsin Associate Athletic Director Elroy Hirsch, the former NFL receiver known as crazylegs. Hirsch immediately went into a tirade directed at Fry, calling him an arrogant jerk on the air and claiming he was going to turn him into the league office if he didn't stop running up scores.

Hey Crazylegs, that annual five mile race in Madison that bears your name really sucks. I'd rather run in a tarpit.

Latest posts