Bohannon stats

I think the guy could get 8-10 3's a game if he was a little more selfish or they schemed for him. He's finding these shots in the regular flow of the game. The key is that he doesn't do too much and just steers the ship, if you will.

Look at the difference of how the offense runs when he is out. It is a bit more disconcerting. There is a calmness he brings to the team when he is in there. That is an asset that not all players have, even the great PG's that can play D and/or penetrate.
No doubt about it. They run the occasional play for him running off screens off the ball now and then but not a ton. As you say he's usually getting his shots just in the flow of whatever the D is giving them pretty much. Iowas O is often predicated on reading and reacting. We don't seem to force the issue or iso a guy on the wing and say go dancing and generate your own shot. Because we aren't that any good at that really. Another ball handler would just expand how you can use JBo in so many ways.

As far as your opening sentence of the 2nd paragraph there.... yeah understatement city. It's why the kid plays 34 plus mins every game. I think he hit 40 with this game in OT after getting banged up pretty good. They are asking a ton from him but it's easy and obvious to see why.

So, if JBo would be a defensive stopper on the other team's best guard, and if JBo would be able to beat the best defensive guards in the BT (who usually guard him) off the dribble consistently, and if he could consistently beat any double team thrown at him, and if he could still be the guy that opposing coaches have to be game planning for (which numerous coaches have said this season), and if he could continue his role of being the go to guy on O from a team perspective (along with Cook), and he could still get a ton of assists and run the offense, then all of us would be ok with having him back the next two years? OK then.

So, if JBo would be a defensive stopper on the other team's best guard, and if JBo would be able to beat the best defensive guards in the BT (who usually guard him) off the dribble consistently, and if he could consistently beat any double team thrown at him, and if he could still be the guy that opposing coaches have to be game planning for (which numerous coaches have said this season), and if he could continue his role of being the go to guy on O from a team perspective (along with Cook), and he could still get a ton of assists and run the offense, then all of us would be ok with having him back the next two years? OK then.

I got exausted just reading this!

Ok, so we all know that Jordan isn't a great defender. Outside of that he does nearly everything else well. He is an excellent shooter, excellent assist man, excellent Ft. shooter. He does tend to make the stupid TO way more than I like to see.

Overall he is about a million times better than I thought he would ever be for Iowa. This years team struggled, and that WASN'T Jordan's fault. He had absolutely nobody in the backcourt to help him out whatsoever.

It is really crazy to think about, as I was the one leading the charge saying that losing Jok wasn't a huge deal.....but man it was a HUGE deal. This squad with Jok on it would be easily in the NCAA's and probably would have challenged for a B1G title. We were just so lacking any kind of consistent guard play outside of Jordan, that it absolutely destroy us in most match ups.

Why don't you go call a bunch of opposing BIG coaches, well hell fans for that matter, and ask them. You are embarrassed and have egg on your face now and now trying to back track. He is absolutely crushing certain key stats and at the top in the BIG for many guards.

He didn't even make honorable mention all conference by the coaches.

So didn't 90% of all the other BIG players. What's your point? You are the kind of people that are looking real foolish at this point with past comments about JB.

We supporters will continue to embrace him and the team. All you others can support some other team.

My point is B1G coaches don't think he's one of the better guards in the league like you were implying. They voted for a lot of guards on the all conference team and he wasn't one of them.

Ok, so we all know that Jordan isn't a great defender. Outside of that he does nearly everything else well. He is an excellent shooter, excellent assist man, excellent Ft. shooter. He does tend to make the stupid TO way more than I like to see.

Overall he is about a million times better than I thought he would ever be for Iowa. This years team struggled, and that WASN'T Jordan's fault. He had absolutely nobody in the backcourt to help him out whatsoever.

It is really crazy to think about, as I was the one leading the charge saying that losing Jok wasn't a huge deal.....but man it was a HUGE deal. This squad with Jok on it would be easily in the NCAA's and probably would have challenged for a B1G title. We were just so lacking any kind of consistent guard play outside of Jordan, that it absolutely destroy us in most match ups.

I honestly wonder if Bohannon wouldn't be better off accepting that he's an awful defender and going for a gimmick on defense. Like just 100% sell out for steals and accept the fact that 80% of the time he fails and lets his guy go by him. Next year will be interesting to watch with Connor being able to run the point and a bevy of young, capable guards. If Connor proves to be a capable defender and runs the offense well, then I think 15-20 minutes a game at the point could help free up Bohannon do more on both sides of the ball in fewer minutes.

If JBo was doing this stuff the last two years at Wisconsin the same people trashing him and downplaying his ability would be trashing Fran for losing another Iowa kid

and NObody would be talking about his defensive shortcomings.

NO body.

EVERY body would be wishing Iowa had him as a 3pt assassin to take over for Jok.

If JBo was doing this stuff the last two years at Wisconsin the same people trashing him and downplaying his ability would be trashing Fran for losing another Iowa kid

and NObody would be talking about his defensive shortcomings.

NO body.

EVERY body would be wishing Iowa had him as a 3pt assassin to take over for Jok.

Not to mention there is no doubt his foot contributed to his defense. How much it contributed can be questioned. But definitely some.

Not to mention there is no doubt his foot contributed to his defense. How much it contributed can be questioned. But definitely some.
Did he have plantar fasciitis or was that someone else?

Jordan was being diplomatic with all the questions about how great it was to be in MSG. Is it really all that relevant of a place any longer, except in the eyes of the media?
Not relevant at all. The NY media are living off nostalgia of history — memory of watching great players there.

In other words, they are Nebraska fans of a building.

He'd have left for the NBA after his FR season. And been a lottery pick. In which case, we'd probably have zero wins this season.

So didn't 90% of all the other BIG players. What's your point? You are the kind of people that are looking real foolish at this point with past comments about JB.

We supporters will continue to embrace him and the team. All you others can support some other team.
He's a SO and he averaged 13.5 ppg and 5.4 apg. Why do you think he didn't get any recognition from BIG coaches? Out of curiosity. That's good enough for 7th or 8th in ppg for all BIG guards and it's good enough to put him in 2nd place for assists in the BIG.

It was him. He's has said some days he could barely walk.
That would explain quite a bit. I can’t imagine running on it — even with a steroid shot.

I’ve had it. Horrible pain. Feels like every step a spike was being hammered right in front of my heel. Worst part was when I got home and sat down for an hour and then tried to walk — excruciating. There were some days I had to crawl to bed the pain and tightness was so bad.

I have a lot of empathy for anyone that has had that.

Its to bad he was injured for part of the year. The guy is good. Iowa had a lot of guys with various ailments this year, and hopefully, they will be healthy next year.

I had a mild case of PF a few years ago. For several weeks I could only run courses that were straight out and straight back. Left and right turns were painful. I had a 5k coming up that I was running with my niece and wasn't missing it so rest wasn't an option. I know how painful the mild case was. If JBo's was worse even at his age I can't begin to understand how he was playing basketball on it.

I still like to run several 5 and 10 k's a year. One of my favorites used to be the River Run in April in Iowa City. Any runners out there who would like to share their stories/injuries?

Latest posts