Bohannon stats

He said he's a better shooter.
That's exactly what I mean.

If we're going to go that route, Bohannon's a better shooter than say, Uthoff (just because he's recent). Uthoff had way more of an overall impact on winning ballgames, which is what counts. He could play down low, block, shoot, and defend. But if you look at strictly shooting and pigeon hole it, of course Bohannon looks like a better player. But he's not. Apples/oranges.

Same thing with comparing him to Jok. You need to look at a player's entire contribution to the team, no matter the excuses about getting picked on because he's the only good player on the team. That's absurd.

My boss comes in every day after and Iowa game- He's a huge Husker fan and sports fan in general and always says "Man I LOVE that Bohannon kid... are the Hawkeye fans still railing on him for being bad?" and I just hang my head. My boss loves to think Iowa fans are dumb of course. Jordan's got a lot of defensive issues, but he's going to end up one of my favorite Hawks to ever play here.

Loved this interview with Andy Katz last night.

Jordan was being diplomatic with all the questions about how great it was to be in MSG. Is it really all that relevant of a place any longer, except in the eyes of the media?

Jordan was being diplomatic with all the questions about how great it was to be in MSG. Is it really all that relevant of a place any longer, except in the eyes of the media?

his first comment... haha - was something about it being all dirty

his first comment... haha - was something about it being all dirty
Yes, I caught that, I was half expecting this next -

http%3A%2F%2Ffat.gfycat.com%2FTallInfiniteDunnart.gif

That's exactly what I mean.

If we're going to go that route, Bohannon's a better shooter than say, Uthoff (just because he's recent). Uthoff had way more of an overall impact on winning ballgames, which is what counts. He could play down low, block, shoot, and defend. But if you look at strictly shooting and pigeon hole it, of course Bohannon looks like a better player. But he's not. Apples/oranges.

Same thing with comparing him to Jok. You need to look at a player's entire contribution to the team, no matter the excuses about getting picked on because he's the only good player on the team. That's absurd.

But when all someone says is he's a better shooter, why do you twist it and act like he thinks he's a better player?

And Bohannon does get picked on because he's by far the best guard on the team. Even tho I've never said it before and I was just saying other people say it, I still believe it's true.

I guess you didn't read the article, he's going to be the most prolific shooter in Iowa school history barring some sort of injury. I have no issue with any shot he takes, nor should you. He already shoots better then Jok. He doesn't shoot enough. He turns it over because he is THE ONLY person on the team that can handle the ball and other teams knows that. Every player struggles against better defenders, that's how sports work. His D is bad tho and there is NOTHING that is WORSE then his defense.
Totally agree if he could somehow get 4-6 more good shots a game it'd only be better not to mention the free throw line. And having another ball handler be it more mins for Dailey/or Connor down the road will only help his turnover ratio. Getting JBo in catch and shoot situations be it off screens or offensive rebound kickouts is where he's just so so good. Even the occasional fast break/scrambling type of situations. If your asking him to dribble around and create for himself he'll struggle. It's on the coaches and team to help get him good looks. That's their best chance at succeeding. Till Garza/Cook get more consistent/dominant that's where they are

Have you all seen Jons new article https://www.hawkeyenation.com/basketball/hawkeye-statistical-superlatives
The dude is just as good of a shooter as there is pretty much. And to think it seems like he's struggled much of this year. And he got off to a slow start as a freshman. He didn't start the first 7-10 games or so if I remember right. Some of those projected numbers Jon put out there might be low balling him too. If he were to play well all year long his next two years good lord....

He gets the quietest 25 pts one would think. You think he has about 12 pts and you look up and all of a sudden he's actually has 25.

What I always keep my eye on is yearly improvement. College kids should improve every single year. It might not seem like it, but his sophomore year is all-around better than his freshman year. His points are up, his FG% is up, his 3P% is up, his FT% is up, his assists are up, his turnovers are down.

This year he ranked 5th in the big ten in assist/TO ratio, 1st in 3 pointers made, 2nd in assists, and 8th in 3P% (with the most attempts). It should also be noted that he's not even in the top 10 in minutes played in the big ten either.

We can argue all day about if he's a true point guard or not, but he's easily on pace to have a 15 point, 6 assist season next year with a 3:1 assist/TO ratio and shooting 45% from 3. That's a damn good season.

I think he's the next pain in the ass player to other teams. He will be one of those guys who every team and fan base will know and not be excited to play, but will respect him because of who he is. He's that player you can't really hate (even other teams) but you don't want to play.

I think he's the next pain in the ass player to other teams. He will be one of those guys who every team and fan base will know and not be excited to play, but will respect him because of who he is. He's that player you can't really hate (even other teams) but you don't want to play.

Oh, glad he's on our team.

He's not bad, he's just not as good as Iowa media in particular make him out to be. He doesn't play D well and doesn't handle man/double team coverage well, especially against good teams like Penn State, Purdue, and Michigan. Those teams completely shut him down by playing man and double teaming him. At that point, how much benefit is a player when he's not doing the one thing he's exceptional at. And let's face it, the Big Ten isn't exactly a model of basketball skill this year.

Again, I didn't say he's bad. He's just not the lord Jesus like Morehouse, Leistikow, et al say he is.

Get him on the floor with a Jok or Gesell, though and you have a nightmare on your hands. Which sucks for both us and Bohannon.

Why don't you go call a bunch of opposing BIG coaches, well hell fans for that matter, and ask them. You are embarrassed and have egg on your face now and now trying to back track. He is absolutely crushing certain key stats and at the top in the BIG for many guards.

Last edited:
I guess you didn't read the article, he's going to be the most prolific shooter in Iowa school history barring some sort of injury. I have no issue with any shot he takes, nor should you. He already shoots better then Jok. He doesn't shoot enough. He turns it over because he is THE ONLY person on the team that can handle the ball and other teams knows that. Every player struggles against better defenders, that's how sports work. His D is bad tho and there is NOTHING that is WORSE then his defense.

I think the guy could get 8-10 3's a game if he was a little more selfish or they schemed for him. He's finding these shots in the regular flow of the game. The key is that he doesn't do too much and just steers the ship, if you will.

Look at the difference of how the offense runs when he is out. It is a bit more disconcerting. There is a calmness he brings to the team when he is in there. That is an asset that not all players have, even the great PG's that can play D and/or penetrate.

He leads the B1G in 3 pt shoots made and shoots over 42 % ! SHOOT MORE - SHOOT LOTS MORE. Shoot every time you can. That's all I am saying when I say, you should want him to shoot more too.

And of course, that's what the message board is for. For discussion. I didn't mean to poop on your opinion. I just don't see how you form that he takes bad shots when he leads the league in 3 pt's made and shoots 42% from there. He doesn't take a lot of 2's....so I don't understand the take?

and I do not think he's as dominant as Pete was as a senior. He's also a sophomore and he's going to DESTROY Jok's stats in every shape, way and form.

Makes me ask the question, what is the % threshold for 3 pt'ers when missing becomes a liability giving up fast breaks or points to the other team. There has to be a certain % where it is beneficial for a good player to keep taking shots until the % gets down to a certain level. What would that be this day in age? Is is 35%? 40%?

Looked like just a regular old basketball court to me, along with that gawdy BIG logo in the middle. I realize that logo has all the colors of every team, but it just looks so week. Come up with something different.

What I always keep my eye on is yearly improvement. College kids should improve every single year. It might not seem like it, but his sophomore year is all-around better than his freshman year. His points are up, his FG% is up, his 3P% is up, his FT% is up, his assists are up, his turnovers are down.

This year he ranked 5th in the big ten in assist/TO ratio, 1st in 3 pointers made, 2nd in assists, and 8th in 3P% (with the most attempts). It should also be noted that he's not even in the top 10 in minutes played in the big ten either.

We can argue all day about if he's a true point guard or not, but he's easily on pace to have a 15 point, 6 assist season next year with a 3:1 assist/TO ratio and shooting 45% from 3. That's a damn good season.

We would all love to have a better true point guard and have JBo lighting it up from the wing most of the game, then he can also be the backup point guard sometimes.

Latest posts