Bohannon stats

Best Woolridge story ever. I was a junior in HS his Jr year and my brother took me to one of my first ever Iowa hoop games. After the game as Andre was walking in the tunnel, I yelled out to him "Andre, I'm from Omaha". He stopped, came back - we rapped for a few and then he took me and my brother back to locker room where we got to hang out, meet Tom Davis, Jess Settles, Ryan Bowen, Chris Kingsbury among others and also see Street's glassed in locker. Got pictures, autographs and we were told to stay as long as we'd like. Ya'll wonder why I grew up to be kind of a homer :)
AdoredUnlawfulChimneyswift-max-1mb.gif

Ha, totally true every bit of it. I guess I could have Andre's year mixed up - could have been his senior season but I think it was his junior year. At that point in my life, I was already a pretty big Hawk fan because of my folks and my brother, this sealed the deal. I still have the pics - I will dig em out.

How about this fact. Last year Nate Mason was 1st team all big ten. This year he was an honorable mention. Last year he averaged 15 points and 5 assists. This year he averaged 17 points and 4 assists.

What was the difference? I'll give you a hint: Last year Minnesota was 24-9 and a 5 seed in the NCAA tournament. This year they were 4-14 in the Big Ten.
Maybe his defense sucked this year? Like some other players we know and love. I suppose you'll have to ask the people that made the list.

Best Woolridge story ever. I was a junior in HS his Jr year and my brother took me to one of my first ever Iowa hoop games. After the game as Andre was walking in the tunnel, I yelled out to him "Andre, I'm from Omaha". He stopped, came back - we rapped for a few and then he took me and my brother back to locker room where we got to hang out, meet Tom Davis, Jess Settles, Ryan Bowen, Chris Kingsbury among others and also see Street's glassed in locker. Got pictures, autographs and we were told to stay as long as we'd like. Ya'll wonder why I grew up to be kind of a homer :)

I've got an even better Woolridge story. I have the same last name as his first name!

Isnt backed up by facts? What fact did I produce that wasn't accurate? I said the all big ten teams are heavily influenced by wins and presented a ton of stats that back that up. Did I say that YOU CANT MAKE THE ALL BIG TEN TEAM IF YOU DONT WIN? I did not say anything close to that. I said almost all players that made the 1st-3rd teams finished in the top half of the big ten....that was a fact.

Please note that being named "honorable mention" doesn't mean you were named to an all big ten team.
Your response to my question was "because Iowa sucked!" I then posted players that did get recognition, in spite of having played for teams that sucked as well. That's the fact that destroys your argument. You did an about face at the end of your comment to say that all big ten teams are heavily influenced by wins. Pardon me for not accurately responding to your waffling comments. I'll simply stick with " Anthony Cowan" as my example of a player with similar offensive stats, that played for a team that sucked, yet played good defense and he made 3rd team All Big Ten.
If you play for a bad team, you better play well on both ends of the floor, if you want recognition. How's that?

At least mines believable. Tk doesn't even believe yours.

why would I make that up? It's a pretty pointless story to just bring up out of the blue. But I will try and scan some pics tonight if I have time. I was quite a good looking young man.... Jess and Chris not so much.

Your response to my question was "because Iowa sucked!" I then posted players that did get recognition, in spite of having played for teams that sucked as well. That's the fact that destroys your argument. You did an about face at the end of your comment to say that all big ten teams are heavily influenced by wins. Pardon me for not accurately responding to your waffling comments. I'll simply stick with " Anthony Cowan" as my example of a player with similar offensive stats, that played for a team that sucked, yet played good defense and he made 3rd team All Big Ten.
If you play for a bad team, you better play well on both ends of the floor, if you want recognition. How's that?

If Iowa finished where Maryland did, and Maryland finished where Iowa did, it's very possible it would have been Bohannon on that list.

why would I make that up? It's a pretty pointless story to just bring up out of the blue. But I will try and scan some pics tonight if I have time. I was quite a good looking young man.... Jess and Chris not so much.

You know I'm joking right?

I think its up in the air for Jordan still. Just look at Jeff Horner. He's currently Iowa's all time leader in assists and 3 pointers made, but nobody considers him a legend or all-time great since his teams never really did much. 2 first round exits from the NCAA including the Northwestern State game that shall not be named
Three videos I will never watch again:

The Great White concert fire unedited.

Actor Vic Morrow getting decapitated by a helicopter blade during a movie set accident.

Jermaine Wallace landing in a cheerleader's lap after ending Iowa's season with a shot at basket he couldn't possibly have seen.

Three videos I will never watch again:

The Great White concert fire unedited.

Actor Vic Morrow getting decapitated by a helicopter blade during a movie set accident.

Jermaine Wallace landing in a cheerleader's lap after ending Iowa's season with a shot at basket he couldn't possibly have seen.

I never heard of the Vic Morrow deal so I had to Google it. No way I'm gunna watch the video. How bad is it?

I never heard of the Vic Morrow deal so I had to Google it. No way I'm gunna watch the video. How bad is it?
It's not super close, or super clear (it was at night and there was fire on the set, but it's bad enough. Two young children actors also perished. One also by decapitation and one by drowning.
The Great White fire is the most horrific thing I've ever seen.

Morrow was in many movies, playing mostly dark shady characters. One of his more mainstream roles was as Yankees coach Roy Turner in the first Bad News Bears movie.

Latest posts