Bohannon stats

It's not super close, or super clear (it was at night and there was fire on the set, but it's bad enough. Two young children actors also perished. One also by decapitation and one by drowning.
The Great White fire is the most horrific thing I've ever seen.

Morrow was in many movies, playing mostly dark shady characters. One of his more mainstream roles was as Yankees coach Roy Turner in the first Bad News Bears movie.

I remember seeing a lot of pics and videos of that fire but no way I've seen what you're talking about. Part of me wants to watch it and the rest of me says no fucking way.

I remember seeing a lot of pics and videos of that fire but no way I've seen what you're talking about. Part of me wants to watch it and the rest of me says no fucking way.
I stumbled across some unedited footage around five/six years ago that was apparently used by fire prevention type organizations. I remember some requests to take the video off the web. I don't know what was worse-the screaming or the dead silence five minutes later.

The person who shot the footage was near the stage when the fateful pyrotechnics went off. His/her instinctive decision to immediately retreat to the back of the room undoubtedly saved their life.

I stumbled across some unedited footage around five/six years ago that was apparently used by fire prevention type organizations. I remember some requests to take the video off the web. I don't know what was worse-the screaming or the dead silence five minutes later.

The person who shot the footage was near the stage when the fateful pyrotechnics went off. His/her instinctive decision to immediately retreat to the back of the room undoubtedly saved their life.

I just watched it. The person recording was the quickest thinker in the room. All the people up by the stage almost certainly died. Crazy how fast the person recording got from the front to the back. The screams were brutal for sure.

I just watched it. The person recording was the quickest thinker in the room. All the people up by the stage almost certainly died. Crazy how fast the person recording got from the front to the back. The screams were brutal for sure.
One more comment then I promise I'll get back to basketball. We saw Toby Keith in Cedar Rapids one week after that tragedy. I've probably seen two dozen concerts in that building. That's the first time I ever made a concious mental note of the exit signs. And did I ever hold my breath when the pyro went off.

One more comment then I promise I'll get back to basketball. We saw Toby Keith in Cedar Rapids one week after that tragedy. I've probably seen two dozen concerts in that building. That's the first time I ever made a concious mental note of the exit signs. And did I ever hold my breath when the pyro went off.

I still think about that in big crowds. Always plotting my exit.

It's not super close, or super clear (it was at night and there was fire on the set, but it's bad enough. Two young children actors also perished. One also by decapitation and one by drowning.
The Great White fire is the most horrific thing I've ever seen.

Morrow was in many movies, playing mostly dark shady characters. One of his more mainstream roles was as Yankees coach Roy Turner in the first Bad News Bears movie.

He also was rather good in Blackboard Jungle.....

:cool:

Ha, totally true every bit of it. I guess I could have Andre's year mixed up - could have been his senior season but I think it was his junior year. At that point in my life, I was already a pretty big Hawk fan because of my folks and my brother, this sealed the deal. I still have the pics - I will dig em out.

0733792826625.jpg

:cool:

Your response to my question was "because Iowa sucked!" I then posted players that did get recognition, in spite of having played for teams that sucked as well. That's the fact that destroys your argument. You did an about face at the end of your comment to say that all big ten teams are heavily influenced by wins. Pardon me for not accurately responding to your waffling comments. I'll simply stick with " Anthony Cowan" as my example of a player with similar offensive stats, that played for a team that sucked, yet played good defense and he made 3rd team All Big Ten.
If you play for a bad team, you better play well on both ends of the floor, if you want recognition. How's that?

No....you provided players who got honorable mentions. I dont give a rats ass about honorable mentions. My entire post was about players who got named to the 1st 2nd or 3rd team all Big Ten. Those teams are heavily made up of successful teams ...which was my entire point.

Cook got an honorable mention vote. Good for him

No....you provided players who got honorable mentions. I dont give a rats ass about honorable mentions. My entire post was about players who got named to the 1st 2nd or 3rd team all Big Ten. Those teams are heavily made up of successful teams ...which was my entire point.

Cook got an honorable mention vote. Good for him
ANTHONY COWAN - NOT HONORABLE MENTION!
And even so, Bohannon didn't even get honorable mention! Just because you dont give a rats ass, doesn't mean it's not an actual honor. Otherwise, they would bother making the list and including that list in the official Big Ten records. So, moving the goal posts isn't gonna give your argument more credibility.

And even so, Bohannon didn't even get honorable mention! Just because you dont give a rats ass, doesn't mean it's not an actual honor. Otherwise, they would bother making the list and including that list in the official Big Ten records. So, moving the goal posts isn't gonna give your argument more credibility.

His argument is it's way harder to get recognition on a losing team. You have to agree with that don't you?

Let me try to dumb this down as much as I possibly can for you...

If Iowa went 33-0, won the big ten regular season, were the #1 overall team in the country, and won the Big Ten Tournament...Do you honestly believe Jordan Bohannon wouldn't have gotten any postseason honors or recognition? Tell me you understand how this works. Its not complicated

His argument is it's way harder to get recognition on a losing team. You have to agree with that don't you?

Thank you sir. Its really that simple. The better your team does, the more you get recognized for your individual accomplishments. If Wisconsin goes 2-16 in the Big Ten, Frank Kaminsky doesn't win National Player of the Year. But, since Wisconsin went 16-2 in the Big Ten and 28-3 overall...he does win it.

Its not rocket surgery.

Thank you sir. Its really that simple. The better your team does, the more you get recognized for your individual accomplishments. If Wisconsin goes 2-16 in the Big Ten, Frank Kaminsky doesn't win National Player of the Year. But, since Wisconsin went 16-2 in the Big Ten and 28-3 overall...he does win it.

Its not rocket surgery.

Like how Brad Banks and Stanley had similar seasons stat wise. One didn't make All-B1G - one finished 2nd in the Heisman race. It's not really a hard concept.

Like how Brad Banks and Stanley had similar seasons stat wise. One didn't make All-B1G - one finished 2nd in the Heisman race. It's not really a hard concept.

I completely agree that it isn't right and there are very deserving players that do not get recognized, but there is a challenge in that similar performances on better teams do actually mean more. For example, a guy scoring 20 points a game for a 2-16 team might not even start for a 16-2 team. That's because he might pour in 10+ points a game when it's already decided playing against starters that are slacking or 3rd teamers. Team record is the easiest way to control for that bias. It sucks because you know Bohannon could be doing it for any team by watching the games and situations, but if you have 3 guys on teams with better records with similar/even slightly worse numbers, you have to pick them instead. So I hate it not because I don't understand it, but because we sucked so bad this year that it marginalized outstanding achievements by a deserving guy.

If Iowa loses to Maryland and Wisconsin last year, Carr and probably Ward replace Cook and Bohannon on the freshman team.

Let me try to dumb this down as much as I possibly can for you...

If Iowa went 33-0, won the big ten regular season, were the #1 overall team in the country, and won the Big Ten Tournament...Do you honestly believe Jordan Bohannon wouldn't have gotten any postseason honors or recognition? Tell me you understand how this works. Its not complicated
I'll dumb it down a little for you too. Wouldn't Jordan have to play lock down defense for Iowa to finish 33-0? No defense = no undefeated season. No defense = no league recognition. See how that works?
To put it simply, Jordan plays good defense and he makes one of those teams. The end.

Latest posts