Bohannon stats

He may very well be the best point guard. Especially in the minds of those who believe Bohannon isn't one. We have a serious lack of intelligence problem going on right now. A really smart point guard who pushes a smart shooting guard over to his best position (not necessarily my opinion) is a very good start to remedy that problem.
We already have a very good offensive team! If Connor was Aaron Craft I would understand it, but I just don’t see him providing the footspeed we need in the backcourt.

We already have a very good offensive team! If Connor was Aaron Craft I would understand it, but I just don’t see him providing the footspeed we need in the backcourt.

We seriously don't have a great offensive team tho. You have to consider how hard opponents play when they have huge leads, then consider how often our opponents had huge leads. We have a better than average offense. If Connor is an upgrade at point guard (possible) Bohannon is an upgrade at shooting guard over Moss (definitely) Weiskamp is an upgrade over anyone at the 3 (probably), we will be better at the 1,2,and 3 next year. If Cook and Garza both improve, we upgrade all 5 starters. That would be huge on offense and should be at least a little better on defense . My hope is we can still be a top 25 offense while playing in close games where the opponents try.

Weird you predict a finish that leaves us just a little short of the tournament, but then say we have a zero percent chance of making it. Why do you think it's impossible to win one or two more games than your actual prediction?
I presented my opinion of BEST case scenario. That just happens to leave us out of the NCAA tourney. Nothing weird about it. And it's just that. An opinion. But it's an opinion I am willing to back up with cold hard cash. I'll cover you for $50 too.

We seriously don't have a great offensive team tho. You have to consider how hard opponents play when they have huge leads, then consider how often our opponents had huge leads. We have a better than average offense. If Connor is an upgrade at point guard (possible) Bohannon is an upgrade at shooting guard over Moss (definitely) Weiskamp is an upgrade over anyone at the 3 (probably), we will be better at the 1,2,and 3 next year. If Cook and Garza both improve, we upgrade all 5 starters. That would be huge on offense and should be at least a little better on defense . My hope is we can still be a top 25 offense while playing in close games where the opponents try.
Okay. That’s your opinion. I think Connor is a mid major player and nowhere near a B1G PG, so there is probably no sense arguing.

Okay. That’s your opinion. I think Connor is a mid major player and nowhere near a B1G PG, so there is probably no sense arguing.

What's my opinion? That we aren't great on offense? Because that has nothing to do with Connor. I didn't give my opinion on him because I don't have one yet. I simply said "if" he can run the point better than Bohannon. I have no idea if he can. But Connor can be.a mid major prospect at best and it's still possible he's an upgrade over Moss. Again, it's not an opinion, just a possible scenario.

Connor could be a pretty bad defender and still be a better defender than Moss too. We have to remember what it takes to be an improvement over what we have now. People think Weiskamp may not start. He has to be better than Moss or Nunge. Is that really hard to believe? That question isn't directed at you.

I presented my opinion of BEST case scenario. That just happens to leave us out of the NCAA tourney. Nothing weird about it. And it's just that. An opinion. But it's an opinion I am willing to back up with cold hard cash. I'll cover you for $50 too.

I thought that was just your prediction. Makes more sense that it was your best case. I think we have about a 30% chance to make the tourney tomorrow so no way a bet even money on it.

Gosh you are insufferable.

They start practice in October at the very least and it will be his 3rd season. Seems close enough for me. I mean it was an off the cuff comment, but lord knows we can't have any of that around here. Nope we have a few 2 bit internet forum hacks, proudly up holding the factual integrity of random conversation.
I knew a guy who would take a tape measure with him every time he ordered a pizza. He would open the box right in the store or in front of the delivery driver and measure across the length of the pie. If it was even a fraction of an inch less than advertised he would make a scene and demand a new pizza. Insufferable indeed.

What's my opinion? That we aren't great on offense? Because that has nothing to do with Connor. I didn't give my opinion on him because I don't have one yet. I simply said "if" he can run the point better than Bohannon. I have no idea if he can. But Connor can be.a mid major prospect at best and it's still possible he's an upgrade over Moss. Again, it's not an opinion, just a possible scenario.
Sorry maybe not an opinion but a scenario. But anyone could provide those. Maybe CJ Frederick is going to be the second coming of Luke Kennard.

I understand your logic but I still believe this was a good offensive team. We hung 90 on MSU in a game we led throughout. We had 40 at half against Michigan the other day who ranks 6th in adjusted defensive efficiency and plays at a very slow tempo (300+). Scored 85 in a win over UW who only allowed 80+ 3 time’s in B1G play. 85 was the most they allowed all year.

Connor could be a pretty bad defender and still be a better defender than Moss too. We have to remember what it takes to be an improvement over what we have now. People think Weiskamp may not start. He has to be better than Moss or Nunge. Is that really hard to believe? That question isn't directed at you.
We should also remember that Moss was inserted into the starting lineup two years ago for perimeter defense. I remember him drawing the assignment of Monte Morris and doing a very good job. The thing was he was terrible on that end this year so we forget some of that. He has the tools to be a good perimter defender, we just need the effort.

Sorry maybe not an opinion but a scenario. But anyone could provide those. Maybe CJ Frederick is going to be the second coming of Luke Kennard.

I understand your logic but I still believe this was a good offensive team. We hung 90 on MSU in a game we led throughout. We had 40 at half against Michigan the other day who ranks 6th in adjusted defensive efficiency and plays at a very slow tempo (300+). Scored 85 in a win over UW who only allowed 80+ 3 time’s in B1G play. 85 was the most they allowed all year.
And that's why we are a good offense. Going for huge stretches without scoring or even looking like we knew what we were doing is why we weren't actually top 25 good.

We should also remember that Moss was inserted into the starting lineup two years ago for perimeter defense. I remember him drawing the assignment of Monte Morris and doing a very good job. The thing was he was terrible on that end this year so we forget some of that. He has the tools to be a good perimter defender, we just need the effort.

If he has the tools, and he probably does, then his effort is God awful bad. Because from what I'm seeing, there isnt much difference between him and Bohannon on defense this year. Some, but not much.

If he has the tools, and he probably does, then his effort is God awful bad. Because from what I'm seeing, there isnt much difference between him and Bohannon on defense this year. Some, but not much.
When he was inserted into the lineup two years ago for defense I recall Fran saying he isn’t always in the right position, but he has the athleticism to cover up some mistakes. I know he can do it because I’ve seen him do it which is why I brought up the Monte Morris example. Here is a link for an article that talks some about that and the glimpses he showed as a perimeter defender that year.

https://www.goiowaawesome.com/iowa-...-iowa-basketball-season-in-review-isaiah-moss

Now he took a major step back this year I agree, but if he plays hard I don’t see any reason he won’t be a better defender than Cmac next season.

You’ve been a pretty big Moss “hater” and I’m probably considered one of the biggest Cmac “haters” so it’s not surprising we ended up here.

When he was inserted into the lineup two years ago for defense I recall Fran saying he isn’t always in the right position, but he has the athleticism to cover up some mistakes. I know he can do it because I’ve seen him do it which is why I brought up the Monte Morris example. Here is a link for an article that talks some about that and the glimpses he showed as a perimeter defender that year.

https://www.goiowaawesome.com/iowa-...-iowa-basketball-season-in-review-isaiah-moss

Now he took a major step back this year I agree, but if he plays hard I don’t see any reason he won’t be a better defender than Cmac next season.

You’ve been a pretty big Moss “hater” and I’m probably considered one of the biggest Cmac “haters” so it’s not surprising we ended up here.

Ha very true! I would say that if Cook comes back, there is about a 50% chance the lineup is

Bohannon
Moss
Weiskamp
Cook
Garza

About a 45% chance it's

Connor
Bohannon
Weiskamp
Cook
Garza

And about a 5% chance it's something else.

I would maybe twerk a higher percentage to the first lineup. But the 5% part is pretty solid in my mind.

Ha very true! I would say that if Cook comes back, there is about a 50% chance the lineup is

Bohannon
Moss
Weiskamp
Cook
Garza

About a 45% chance it's

Connor
Bohannon
Weiskamp
Cook
Garza

And about a 5% chance it's something else.

I would maybe twerk a higher percentage to the first lineup. But the 5% part is pretty solid in my mind.
I’m really excited for Weiskamp as well. I wouldn’t rule out this.

JBo
Weiskamp
Nunge
Cook
Garza

And that's why we are a good offense. Going for huge stretches without scoring or even looking like we knew what we were doing is why we weren't actually top 25 good.
If we’re going to say that we are the worst P5 defensive team then it’s also fair to take the lesser conferences out of the offensive stats as well.

Iowa is top 20.

I’m really excited for Weiskamp as well. I wouldn’t rule out this.

JBo
Weiskamp
Nunge
Cook
Garza

If we're not ruling anything out, I think there's a solid chance of this lineup having the best BPM by the end of the year. That's not a slight against Bohannon and Cook, but I think the pieces would just fit together exceptionally nicely on both offense and defense.

Connor
Weiskamp
Baer
Nunge
Garza

If we're not ruling anything out, I think there's a solid chance of this lineup having the best BPM by the end of the year. That's not a slight against Bohannon and Cook, but I think the pieces would just fit together exceptionally nicely on both offense and defense.

Connor
Weiskamp
Baer
Nunge
Garza
I wouldn’t rule anything out, I just don’t think Connor is very good.

I wouldn’t rule anything out, I just don’t think Connor is very good.

Small sample size is the problem. Nothing we saw this year would make me concerned that he's a bad basketball player. But, like everyone, he'll have to consistently prove himself on both sides of the ball before we can take it for granted. I just wanted to speculate on what would happen if everyone had a best case scenario. Connor's best case scenario has a much higher potential defensively than Bohannon. Baer would need to return to form, Weiskamp would have to be the real deal, Nunge would have to make HUGE strides on both sides of the ball, and Garza...well, he could just be Garza.

Edit: that leaves out why I think Nunge could be better than Cook. IMO, it comes down to the addition of 3 point shooting for floor spacing and similar rebounding/shot blocking potential.

Latest posts