Bohannon crow anyone?

Oh yeah if forgot for a second how bad Pemsl has looked. He is what I'm most disappointed about right now. He looked so good at times and I was 50/50 on whether he could do it against better competition. Now it don't know what to think. Is he easy to shut down or is he in a funk?

I think the league has some tape on him and is adjusting. The are squeezing the baseline off on him now because he's actually quick to the basket and if you give him a sliver he's good with his body to create any needed space. Then opponents are also doubling him when they can on the back side to cut off any spin moves and passing lanes since he's a willing passer.

The next evolution in his game now is to hit some face-up jumpers away from the bucket to pull that defender out from the bucket. Cordell has a nice touch and I think in time can knock down some jumpers. Since he was making hay around the bucket earky that's his strength and he's playing too it. Now opponents are countering.

I think he's in a funk. Competition has gotten tougher and now I think it's gotten in his head. There were a number of times last night that he tried to do some fancy under the basket athletic move, but that's not his game. He needs to take it up strong through the contact and get the foul. He needs to get stronger tho.

It pains me to say this but he needs to watch endless game tape of Niang. That's the kind of
Player I see him being.

He may look like Niang and move that way. He will never play like Niang. That is just not what he is. He is a role player with some decent things he can do if he stays within that role. He is undersized for more than that. Niang was unusual for what he was.

You will be terribly frustrated if you project certain expectations on him. The guy has exceeded expectations already. For most teams he is at best a 2 year starter. He was forced in early and has done pretty well but realism should apply.

People can dog on Bohannon all they want. Fact is he's quickly turned into a consistent double digit scorer who is currently leading the B1G conference in assists. He's already made multiple clutch shots that have won games and is ice cold at the free throw line even when the pressure is at it's peak like last night. Of course he has room to improve his game, but from what he's shown so far, why would anyone think he wouldn't?
Along with arguably the nation's best shooter, you'd think we'd be better than we are. :(

Along with arguably the nation's best shooter, you'd think we'd be better than we are. :(

Biggest problem is knowing their rotations on defense. Way too easy for teams to go inside. They stayed focused against purdue but haven't kept that focus in last 2 games. Frustrating to watch cause you can see how good they can be for spurts.

C'mon brah. Don't be a 5656. We'll get there. The light will come on for this group and they will do amazing things. It may not be this year. It might be next week. Who knows. Don't give up!

Last edited:
Hard to compare players when they play shitting competition. The rubber meets the road in conference play. That is when the good players step up and the pretenders putting up stats vs crappy teams takes a hit. Here is a look at the 4* PG conference stats through yesterday:

Markus Howard 29.4 PER
Lamar Peters 20.7 PER
Anthony Cowan 18.3 PER
Payton Pritchard 17.3 PER
Jared Harper 17.2 PER
Carsen Edwards 14.4 PER
Jordan Bohannon 13.6 PER
Charlie Moore 13.0 PER
Cassius Winston 11.7 PER
Merkell Johnson 9.3 PER
Tony Carr 9.2 PER
Myles Powell 7.9 PER
Jaylen Fisher 7.2 PER
Xavier Simpson 4.2 PER
Quentin Goodin 3.9 PER

I know this is the made up PER stat, but some on here really think this is a great stat, and Jordan is #7 out of the 4* PG

Payton Pritchard 127 Orate
Markus Howard 126.6 Orate
Jared Harper 113.9 Orate
Lamar Peters 111.9 Orate
Anthony Cowan 109.3 Orate
Jordan Bohannon 108.3 Orate
Charlie Moore 97.7 Orate
Markell Johnson 97.6 Orate
Carsen Edwards 97.4 Orate
Cassius Winston 94.2 Orate
Tony Carr 90.6 Orate
Myles Powell 87.3 Orate
Jaylen Fisher 86.9 Orate
Xavier Simpson 79.6 Orate
Quentin Goodin 71.1 Orate

In a more reliable stat, the Orating, Jordan is producing at the upper level of 4* PG. He is 6th in Orate, and there is a big drop off in 4* PG offensively after Jordan.

Jordan is 8th in PPG of all 4* PG in conference play

Jordan is 1st in APG of all 4* PG in conference play

Jordan is 7th in TS% and 7th in eFG% of all 4* PG in conference play

The stats so far are pretty conclusive. Jordan is about middle of the pack of 4* PG in production this year. Even if you look at the made up defensive metric and factor that in, he is still 7th in PER. The offensive stats he is clearly in the upper level of 4* PG. He is closer to the #3 ranked offensive 4* PG than he is the player directly below him, who is way behind Jordan offensively.

Hard to compare players when they play shitting competition. The rubber meets the road in conference play. That is when the good players step up and the pretenders putting up stats vs crappy teams takes a hit. Here is a look at the 4* PG conference stats through yesterday:

Markus Howard 29.4 PER
Lamar Peters 20.7 PER
Anthony Cowan 18.3 PER
Payton Pritchard 17.3 PER
Jared Harper 17.2 PER
Carsen Edwards 14.4 PER
Jordan Bohannon 13.6 PER
Charlie Moore 13.0 PER
Cassius Winston 11.7 PER
Merkell Johnson 9.3 PER
Tony Carr 9.2 PER
Myles Powell 7.9 PER
Jaylen Fisher 7.2 PER
Xavier Simpson 4.2 PER
Quentin Goodin 3.9 PER

I know this is the made up PER stat, but some on here really think this is a great stat, and Jordan is #7 out of the 4* PG

Payton Pritchard 127 Orate
Markus Howard 126.6 Orate
Jared Harper 113.9 Orate
Lamar Peters 111.9 Orate
Anthony Cowan 109.3 Orate
Jordan Bohannon 108.3 Orate
Charlie Moore 97.7 Orate
Markell Johnson 97.6 Orate
Carsen Edwards 97.4 Orate
Cassius Winston 94.2 Orate
Tony Carr 90.6 Orate
Myles Powell 87.3 Orate
Jaylen Fisher 86.9 Orate
Xavier Simpson 79.6 Orate
Quentin Goodin 71.1 Orate

In a more reliable stat, the Orating, Jordan is producing at the upper level of 4* PG. He is 6th in Orate, and there is a big drop off in 4* PG offensively after Jordan.

Jordan is 8th in PPG of all 4* PG in conference play

Jordan is 1st in APG of all 4* PG in conference play

Jordan is 7th in TS% and 7th in eFG% of all 4* PG in conference play

The stats so far are pretty conclusive. Jordan is about middle of the pack of 4* PG in production this year. Even if you look at the made up defensive metric and factor that in, he is still 7th in PER. The offensive stats he is clearly in the upper level of 4* PG. He is closer to the #3 ranked offensive 4* PG than he is the player directly below him, who is way behind Jordan offensively.

There's so much wrong with this I don't even know where to begin. You never cease to amaze me with your ability to put lipstick on a pig but you're much better doing it with football recruiting than reaching like this. Step up your game Dean, I know you have it in you

There's so much wrong with this I don't even know where to begin. You never cease to amaze me with your ability to put lipstick on a pig but you're much better doing it with football recruiting than reaching like this. Step up your game Dean, I know you have it in you

You were the one telling us about conference play, and how Jordan would hit a wall. You also said he is obviously struggling the last few games (that last few games were 7 conference games).

It was at the end of the non conference but it's been bad during conference play

Plus I think we can all agree he's probably going to hit the freshman wall at some point in conference play

Yeah even you will admit Bohannon is really struggling lately

I'm not stretching at all, I am just responding to your continued attacks on Jordan saying he is obviously struggling lately, and that he will be hitting a wall in conference play. I think we all know that conference play is what really matters, not stuff that stats sheet vs sub 300 RPI opponents.

You were the one telling us about conference play, and how Jordan would hit a wall. You also said he is obviously struggling the last few games (that last few games were 7 conference games).

I'm not stretching at all, I am just responding to your continued attacks on Jordan saying he is obviously struggling lately, and that he will be hitting a wall in conference play. I think we all know that conference play is what really matters, not stuff that stats sheet vs sub 300 RPI opponents.

Non conference play doesn't matter? Haha wow

Non conference play doesn't matter? Haha wow

Not according to you, as Jordan is really struggling lately you said, and you said Jordan will hit a wall. Maybe he will hit a wall, but if Struggling is producing better than half of the 4* PG in the '16 recruiting class, then I'll take "struggling" any day.

Not according to you, as Jordan is really struggling lately you said, and you said Jordan will hit a wall. Maybe he will hit a wall, but if Struggling is producing better than half of the 4* PG in the '16 recruiting class, then I'll take "struggling" any day.

He's struggled all season. That's why you're leaving out his season stats. If it wasn't for fake assists his PER would probably be under 5. He's a liability on defense and an average shooter which is a big reason why we are as bad as we are

He's struggled all season. That's why you're leaving out his season stats. If it wasn't for fake assists his PER would probably be under 5. He's a liability on defense and an average shooter which is a big reason why we are as bad as we are

Welp the other 4* PG must be bigger liabilities on D, because that fake PER stat includes defense. I mean I don't have to defend that stat, as I don't believe in a fake defensive metric. Yet the PER calculates it, and he is still ahead of more 4* PG than he is behind. I mean you told us how great the PER stat is before......now it isn't any good? I mean PER takes defense into account and says Jordan is better than Charlie and many other 4* PG.

Welp the other 4* PG must be bigger liabilities on D, because that fake PER stat includes defense. I mean I don't have to defend that stat, as I don't believe in a fake defensive metric. Yet the PER calculates it, and he is still ahead of more 4* PG than he is behind. I mean you told us how great the PER stat is before......now it isn't any good? I mean PER takes defense into account and says Jordan is better than Charlie and many other 4* PG.

Your PER stats are meaningless if you don't include the non conference

Leave out a majority of the season to help your flawed argument. Like I said stick to talking about how good our football recruiting is

Don't worry, I will keep updating the conference stats, and we will have a complete picture once all the 4* PG each play 18 conference games. Jordan is producing at a pretty high 4* PG level during conference play against the best competition. It is what it is, and I'm impressed with players conference play vs mostly good/strong competition.

Don't worry, I will keep updating the conference stats, and we will have a complete picture once all the 4* PG each play 18 conference games. Jordan is producing at a pretty high 4* PG level during conference play against the best competition. It is what it is, and I'm impressed with players conference play vs mostly good/strong competition.

Haha

I'm really starting to agree with that per stat. It looks about right. I didn't realize Jordan was playing that good. He will be at least 2nd team all conference before he's done at Iowa if he keeps this up!

I'm really starting to agree with that per stat. It looks about right. I didn't realize Jordan was playing that good. He will be at least 2nd team all conference before he's done at Iowa if he keeps this up!

PER is a great stat

Latest posts