Bohannon crow anyone?

I have mostly been following the season from box-scores, commentary, and this forum, so I could be way off base here. But the way Bohannon is described, it really makes me think of Steph Curry in his transition to the NBA. Remember the knock: great shooter, but small and subpar athlete. Will not be an NBA superstar, will not be able to defend.

And he wasn't an All-Star to begin with, let alone an MVP. But he became a workout fanatic (supposedly can deadlift about 2.5x body weight), which decreased his physical limitations. Along with that, he learned how to leverage the threat of his shooting to make space for himself and his teammates. He also developed tricks to become more effective in the paint and the restricted area (the increased strength helped greatly here as well).

Curry' first 2 seasons:
TS% = 58.2%, Ast% = 26.4%, TO% = 16.5%, DefensiveWS/48 = 0.103. Shooting% in paint = 60.0%

Curry's last 2 seasons:
TS% = 65.4%, Ast% = 36.2%, TO% = 13.6%, DefensiveWS/48 = 0.303. Shooting% in paint = 66.0%

Curry's improvements were meteoric and unprecedented. However, Bohannon could certainly make substantial improvements in all of these areas, even if not improving as much as Curry did. A lot would depend upon a coach being able/willing to design an offense around his shooting threat, and having enough secondary ball-handlers/play-makers that Bohannon would not have to do so much heavy lifting in those areas.

I am looking forward to coming seasons when I will have more time to watch games.

so he is clutch then? finally.

btw, he also had another 5 "real" assists, a few of them were pretty awesome.

While he missed a few shots in the 2nd half, he didn't airball....it hit rim.

Your backhanded complement....meh.

Eat your crow....

Jordan said himself in his press conference that he was mad at himself for air balling a open three

Jordan said himself in his press conference that he was mad at himself for air balling a open three
Really? So irrelevant. I thought it grazed the left side of the rim but who cares. If you air ball it or it rattles halfway down before popping out you get the same amount of pts for it. Did they reset the shot clock? I don't know why I'm writing any of this. JBo hit as clutch of a shot as Iowa's ever had in a long time. He's played as well as just about any Iowa pg ever has regardless of him being a freshman or not. The skys the limit for him and this team. There's other players you can nit pick their games over way more so then JBos..

Really? So irrelevant. I thought it grazed the left side of the rim but who cares. If you air ball it or it rattles halfway down before popping out you get the same amount of pts for it. Did they reset the shot clock? I don't know why I'm writing any of this. JBo hit as clutch of a shot as Iowa's ever had in a long time. He's played as well as just about any Iowa pg ever has regardless of him being a freshman or not. The skys the limit for him and this team. There's other players you can nit pick their games over way more so then JBos..

He's not an Iowa fan. Please don't take anything the guy says seriously. He's trolling. He wants to get a reaction and that's it. He knows, as well as everyone else, that he was proven wrong a long time ago. He's just too big of a chicken shit to admit it and abandon his lame troll Schtick. This is what CyTwins does.

JBo didn't have to hit the game winner last night to prove this idiot wrong. That was taken care of a long time ago. The game winner against Wiscy sure was some sweet icing on the cake tho.

Not me, Brother! If you go dig up the thread from when Fran offered him you'll see I told y'all that I'd been watching him play for several years and that he's the best of the Bo brothers. I stand by that! He is!

Haha that's awesome man. I'm thrilled your prediction was accurate.

Personally, I was never down on him. I was bummed we didn't get Charlie Moore, but I thought Bohannon was worth taking a shot on just because of his bloodlines. I said that much as well. But I wasn't as positive about it as it sounds like you were. Props for that my man.

If we could have had Bohannon instead of Gesell last year, we might have been a 1 seed. We would have played in Des Moines for sure. I'm still bummed we missed out on that.

Uthoff and Woody would have really helped cover his bad defense and on offense we would have been unreal. Imagine having Bohannon, Uthoff, and Jok all shooting 3s.

Not me, Brother! If you go dig up the thread from when Fran offered him you'll see I told y'all that I'd been watching him play for several years and that he's the best of the Bo brothers. I stand by that! He is!

Good call. I only saw him play once in high school. I thought he was small and skilled. I thought it would take a year or 2 for his game to evolve enough to contribute as a starter. I thought his height might limit his overall ceiling. My assessment of small and skilled was correct, but everything else was wrong. His height won't be a factor to this kid's greatness and he only needed 6 games to evolve enough to contribute. I am usually really good at spotting the "it" factor in young recruits. I saw a bag of skills but I didn't see that intangible quality that ensures a player will pan out let alone be great. Well I see it now. Maybe it was born within the season maybe he always had it and I really did just miss it. Who knows. Hats off to Jordan and he is my favorite freshman hawk. Cant wait to see what unfolds for this awesome young man.

His whole "at best an NIT team" is really looking stupid right now. One more thing to add to the things he has been wrong about.

Body- slamming awesome beer time!
giphy.gif

Latest posts