Bohannon crow anyone?

This thread would've gone to 150 pages last night had JBo not hit the winner because he was shut down the entire second half and the 2nd to last possession he almost single handedly gave the game away. Up one he dribbled the the shot clock down cause he couldn't get by his guy (should have passed) and after the timeout he shoots another half court brick. But in one shot he redeemed himself and our hopes remain alive. Awesome game! On a side note his passing is also improving.

He is playing very well as a freshman. I am not that surprised. When he committed one of my son's was a little disappointed after he looked at who was recruiting JB. I told him I wasn't to worried because he had 3 brothers that played college ball and was sure he learned a lot from them and they made him tough physically and mentally. Now he is that sons favorite player. What I see in this young team is a little swagger and not backing down from anyone. Not cocky but confident. They also show a lot of emotion and fire after big shots. Something we haven't seen in a few yrs. Fun team to watch for sure.

JB has learned faster and better what to do with a quick guard on him that what Happ has done with a double-team -- who still hasn't figured it out.

I've thought the talk of Bohannon being an all time great was a little over the top but I'm starting to buy into it. I've thought he's only a great shooter and that's not enough to be an all time great. But he's also an unbelievable passer and a pretty damn good ball handler. Not to mention his clutchness and infectious, tough as nails attitude.

I've thought the talk of Bohannon being an all time great was a little over the top but I'm starting to buy into it. I've thought he's only a great shooter and that's not enough to be an all time great. But he's also an unbelievable passer and a pretty damn good ball handler. Not to mention his clutchness and infectious, tough as nails attitude.

Such a good pass here.

Agreed. I've been impressed with him since the beginning of the year, but it took me awhile to absorb the comments about him potentially being a Hawkeye great. I thought that could be stretching it, but the reality is his stats prove it and his demeanor is exactly what Hawk fans love. The kid is just gutsy. He doesn't back down from anyone. He damn sure isn't afraid to take a shot. It's a welcome site after the late game meltdowns we've seen from the Hawks in the past few years.

Whar 56???
200.webp

I actually thought Gesell seemed pretty composed as a freshman, then along came Bohannon... This kid just does absolutely the best imagined with what the universe gave him. I can only imagine what's in store for the team as he gets stronger and hopefully a little quicker. Bohannon is going to break multiple records at Iowa.

Such a good pass here.

The pass was perfect. Cook can run the floor catch that perfect pass and dunk it like that in his sleep. That bounce pass had to not only be accurate and come up to his waist in front of him so he wouldn't have to break stride. But the timing of it had to be on the money so Cook wouldn't have to put it on the floor himself at all.

What a shot by Jordan, I think I woke the neighbors up when he hit it! Not many kids, especially a freshman can miss 6 straight three's including an air ball and have the nails to shoot another one in crunch time. Kudos to him

What a shot by Jordan, I think I woke the neighbors up when he hit it! Not many kids, especially a freshman can miss 6 straight three's including an air ball and have the nails to shoot another one in crunch time. Kudos to him

so he is clutch then? finally.

btw, he also had another 5 "real" assists, a few of them were pretty awesome.

While he missed a few shots in the 2nd half, he didn't airball....it hit rim.

Your backhanded complement....meh.

Eat your crow....

Latest posts