Bohannon crow anyone?

Here is an update of the freshman PGs in B1G conference play, using 5656's favorite stat PER:

Carr (PSU) - 16.3
Winston (MSU) - 16.0
Bohannon (Iowa) - 15.6
Cowan (MD) - 15.2
Lucas (ILL) - 14.3
Edwards (Pur) - 13.4
Simpson (UM) - 10.7

Non conference play doesn't matter now haha

If you put a poll on here asking if posters thought Hayden Fry should be the first head football coach in outer space - I bet you'd be shocked how many people said "yes" to that. That doesn't mean any one actually believes that he should be or that it will happen. This is Hawkeyenation - if you ask me every game 10 minutes before tip what I think the score will be my answer will always be "Hawks by a million" -

you sir are no Hawkeye fan.

Here was the reasoning for "YES"

This team is young, but fast and athletic. Sure, they're young, but there are plenty of teams (i.e. Kentucky) that win with young guys.

Here is the reasoning for "NO"

This team should be fun, but likely will drop some close games due to inexperience. Maybe NIT, but probably not the NCAA...

74% of the people voted yes and thought we would make the Tournament.

Typing in the reasoning doesn't change anything one way or the other so I'm not sure why you even did that. I'll say again, most people were 50/50 (which they were right to be) . If you're 50/50 and decide to vote, saying yes didn't mean you think they will make it. It just means you have to go one way or the other so you just as well be optimistic.

If I tell you to pick heads or tails and you say tails, does that mean you thought it would be tails?

If you put a poll on here asking if posters thought Hayden Fry should be the first head football coach in outer space - I bet you'd be shocked how many people said "yes" to that. That doesn't mean any one actually believes that he should be or that it will happen. This is Hawkeyenation - if you ask me every game 10 minutes before tip what I think the score will be my answer will always be "Hawks by a million" -

Being optimistic when guessing on a poll = thinking they will go to the tournament. That's some cyclone logic for you.

I'm sure Bohannon will want to have a good game against Wisconsin. The Bohannon clan will all probably be rooting for Iowa that night.

If you think "Hawks by a milliion" then you are extremely optimistic. I am not, I am reasonable and I said this was a NIT team at best. The other 74%, whether they were just being optimistic fans or not crucified me for being reasonable and were wrong and I was right.

You're right, losing to Memphis and Omaha don't matter and didn't hurt our RPI at all! Haha

Of course it hurt - but hanging Jordan for his first few games of his college career don't matter when he's made head and shoulder improvements through out the year and is no longer playing like that. U really r the worst of the worst, but you keep me coming back for more! I say we get this one to 200

If you think "Hawks by a milliion" then you are extremely optimistic. I am not, I am reasonable and I said this was a NIT team at best. The other 74%, whether they were just being optimistic fans or not crucified me for being reasonable and were wrong and I was right.
You were right, in your own mind or lack there of.

So by you saying NIT at best, you're saying if we beat Penn State, this year has gone the best it possibly could have? Because I think if things went "the best" this year, we wouldn't have had injuries, we would have won at Nebraska, and we wouldn't have got screwed against Minnesota.

he's talking about how bad Iowa is period - resume, at pg, at sg, at defense, at recruiting, at head coach... it's clear what he is, doesn't change much.

But I'm pretty sure at that exact moment, we were talking about how good of a player Bohannon is right now. So I said games that were early in the season don't matter with how good Bohannon in now. Then he comes back with RPI like we were talking about team resumes or something. It didn't make sense. I know, weird huh?

Here was the reasoning for "YES"

This team is young, but fast and athletic. Sure, they're young, but there are plenty of teams (i.e. Kentucky) that win with young guys.

Here is the reasoning for "NO"

This team should be fun, but likely will drop some close games due to inexperience. Maybe NIT, but probably not the NCAA...

74% of the people voted yes and thought we would make the Tournament.

What did I vote?

Latest posts