Bohannon crow anyone?

And I bet most of that 74% really didn't believe it deep down but were only thinking overly optimistically as Hawk fans. I remember a few years ago stating I thought Iowa was going to go 15-0 in football but only said it to try and be funny, knowing that this is only a message board.

If you polled basketball experts before the season began, the Bilases, Seth Davises, Dickie Vs of the world, probably 0% would have said Iowa was going to the NCAAs this year.

This was hardly a scientific poll.

I got crucified for saying this was an NIT team at best on here. I never said experts thought we would go to the NCAA's this year I'm saying a majority of the fans did.

Hmmm you seem to be conveniently ignoring everything you did say in Dean's post and were very wrong about...

You said Iowa was one of the 4 worst teams in the B1G

You said Indiana would win the B1G

You said Minnesota was a bottom 4 team

You said Mike Gesell was an efficient scorer with a 44% eFG%

You said Jordan wasn't a good 3 point shooter and he shoots too much

You already admitted that Jordan is better offensively than you thought, so you were wrong about that.

You admitted that Jordan is worse defensively than you thought, so you were wrong about that.

You continually try to claim that Jordan isn't in the top 1/2 in offensive rating for 4* PG even though the stats say he is.

You claimed you would be thrilled if Jordan could come close to matching Mikes offensive stats, and you were wrong about that.

I could go on all day long, but I think most everyone gets the picture.

Link?

Disagreeing with you is a safe bet, so you really can't blame poster for playing the odds on that.

Link to what? You know as well as anyone I was crucified for pretty much all of my opinions on here going back to the off season. Most fans thought this was an NCAA Tournament team and I still don't know why but I'm guessing it is because like you most fans only pay attention to offensive production

Link to what? You know as well as anyone I was crucified for pretty much all of my opinions on here going back to the off season. Most fans thought this was an NCAA Tournament team and I still don't know why but I'm guessing it is because like you most fans only pay attention to offensive production

You can find some obscure poll posted on HN, but you can't find all these post in which you were supposedly "crucified"?

Nobody here is a bigger critic of your trolling. Did I once ever "crucify" you for saying Iowa was a NIT team? I'll answer for you, and the answer is no. I did challenge your assertion that iowa would MISS the NIT.

You can find some obscure poll posted on HN, but you can't find all these post in which you were supposedly "crucified"?

Nobody here is a bigger critic of your trolling. Did I once ever "crucify" you for saying Iowa was a NIT team? I'll answer for you, and the answer is no. I did challenge your assertion that iowa would MISS the NIT.

This team is 1 or maybe 2 wins from being in the tourney - we're all just splitting hairs here. They probably aren't worthy of an at large - but it's not like they missed it by a mile.

I don't remember you crucifying me for saying Iowa was an NIT at best, I think you predicted the wrong side of the bubble

This team is 1 or maybe 2 wins from being in the tourney - we're all just splitting hairs here. They probably aren't worthy of an at large - but it's not like they missed it by a mile.

I think they are exactly what most people thought they'd be. I don't remember this poll. I certainly don't remember voting in it if it does exist. I believe anyone who may have answered at that time that they thought this was an NCAA team would also have told you they are just hoping. I haven't seen anyone on here act like they are shocked that this team will probably be on the outside looking in on Selection Sunday. This is what was expected. I actually think the performance of the team this year is better than I expected. I'm really impressed with the young guys.

They started out worse than I thought - have ended up gelling and being better than I imagined even with injuries, something they've mostly avoided in previous seasons. I don't know how anyone can look at this team and not see a potentially great run ahead of them. There are flaws obviously but everyone else has those too.

We're not even a lock for the NIT right now.

I agree with that but only because we don't know what mid-majors are going to get auto bids when they fail to win their conference tourney, otherwise they would be a lock and that doesn't have much to do with Iowa. You can't spin it any other way - Iowa is the like the 8th youngest team in the country and they are just going to barely miss the dance.

I agree with that but only because we don't know what mid-majors are going to get auto bids when they fail to win their conference tourney, otherwise they would be a lock and that doesn't have much to do with Iowa. You can't spin it any other way - Iowa is the like the 8th youngest team in the country and they are just going to barely miss the dance.

If we go 1-2 down the stretch like I predict we're not even going to be close to getting to the dance.

If we go 1-2 down the stretch like I predict we're not even going to be close to getting to the dance.

i bet you predicted a loss at Maryland too - ya just never know. All I know is Iowa is better than you've tried painting all year. They're close - but they're young too. They will picked to be upper half B1G next season.

Now you think 1-2? You said with 6 games left we would win 2 at best, now you think it is 3, as we have already beaten Indiana and Maryland (both teams that are far superior to us talent wise according to you).

i bet you predicted a loss at Maryland too - ya just never know. All I know is Iowa is better than you've tried paint all year. They're close - but they're young too. They will picked to be upper half B1G next season.

He "predicted" 2 wins was the best we could win down the stretch.

Now you think 1-2? You said with 6 games left we would win 2 at best, now you think it is 3, as we have already beaten Indiana and Maryland (both teams that are far superior to us talent wise according to you).

Yeah I think we lose at Wisconsin, beat Penn State and lose in the first round of the BTT. I predicted a loss at Maryland. Indiana and Maryland are more talented than us

Yeah I think we lose at Wisconsin, beat Penn State and lose in the first round of the BTT. I predicted a loss at Maryland. Indiana and Maryland are more talented than us

Lol well shit just keep on guessing. Sooner or later one of these idiotic things you spew out may actual happen so you can have your "ah hah! moment. Where you pretend like you know what you're talking about.

If they had a 3rd category for that pool called "I have no idea". Most would have selected that one. Is it a surprise that most fans voted yes that had no idea? It doesn't mean they thought we would get in.

My opinion was there was a chance they would get in and there was a chance they wouldn't. Turns out I was right. Even dean would agree with that.

Latest posts