Bohannon crow anyone?

If they had a 3rd category for that pool called "I have no idea". Most would have selected that one. Is it a surprise that most fans voted yes that had no idea? It doesn't mean they thought we would get in.

My opinion was there was a chance they would get in and there was a chance they wouldn't. Turns out I was right. Even dean would agree with that.

It was a simple poll titled:
Will Iowa men's basketball make the NCAA Tournament this season?

74% said yes

He was never crucified for saying Iowa wouldn't make the tournament. There were plenty of posters who didn't think Iowa was a tournament team.

He was "crucified" for the way he made his arguments. Saying things like:

"Williams played at a small school and was lightly recruited so how can he be good?" Someone should tell that to Baer because I think he's pretty darn good.

"Moss is a clear miss because he redshirted."

"Insert JBo troll here"

It was a simple poll titled:
Will Iowa men's basketball make the NCAA Tournament this season?

74% said yes

again - here is USA Today - maybe you've heard of them? They have Iowa in the others still receiving consideration.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st.../?hootPostID=ce72a2cd114fd60dfd61809c156760f1

it's not like you were WAY right and everyone else was SOOO far off. You're splitting hairs if that's what your saving grace and claim to being "right" is. #evendeanwouldagreewiththat

He was never crucified for saying Iowa wouldn't make the tournament. There were plenty of posters who didn't think Iowa was a tournament team.

"Williams played at a small school and was lightly recruited so how can he be good?" Someone should tell that to Baer because I think he's pretty darn good.

"Insert JBo troll here"

26% of posters to be exact

"Insert JBo troll here"

He thinks we are Kentucky or Duke. He thinks we should be able to recruit kids that are B1G starters right out of High School, and that If the kids aren't 5* or 4* top 100 they will never be any good. Then when we do recruit top 100 players he questions their skill, speed and ranking merit. It truly is lose lose in Hawk5656's eyes, but he claims he still roots for all of our reject D1 players. I doubt he stops trolling until we make the elite 8 or back to back sweet 16s. You just can't please some people. It is clear to everyone with objective analysis that this Iowa team has championship contention potential. Can they actually do it? Who knows, but if you ask 5656 we have the lowest talent pool of any respectable B1G program. What a shame.

science! yeah, at the beginning of the year, I thought bubble, but the right side of it... so I voted yes. I don't feel wrong.

#evendeanwouldagreewiththat

You voted yes we would make the tournament, we're not going to make the tournament so you actually will be wrong. Maybe you don't know what wrong means?

I got crucified for saying this was an NIT team at best on here. I never said experts thought we would go to the NCAA's this year I'm saying a majority of the fans did.

I know you didn't say experts said Iowa would go to the NCAAs. But you quoted a poll as if many who took the poll weren't just bsing and saying "yes" to the question when many most likely didn't mean it. I pointed out that there were likely no experts that picked Iowa in the NCAAs as a to contrast that to people like me who wear the black and gold shades sometimes when responding to questions and polls about the Hawks.

I know you didn't say experts said Iowa would go to the NCAAs. But you quoted a poll as if many who took the poll weren't just bsing and saying "yes" to the question when many most likely didn't mean it. I pointed out that there were likely no experts that picked Iowa in the NCAAs as a to contrast that to people like me who wear the black and gold shades sometimes when responding to questions and polls about the Hawks.

Why would someone vote "YES" on a poll when they really thought "NO"? Haha. I said posters on here crucified me for saying this was an NIT team at best, not experts

Here is an update of the freshman PGs in B1G conference play, using 5656's favorite stat PER:

Carr (PSU) - 16.3
Winston (MSU) - 16.0
Bohannon (Iowa) - 15.6
Cowan (MD) - 15.2
Lucas (ILL) - 14.3
Edwards (Pur) - 13.4
Simpson (UM) - 10.7

Here is an update of the freshman PGs in B1G conference play, using 5656's favorite stat PER:

Carr (PSU) - 16.3
Winston (MSU) - 16.0
Bohannon (Iowa) - 15.6
Cowan (MD) - 15.2
Lucas (ILL) - 14.3
Edwards (Pur) - 13.4
Simpson (UM) - 10.7

What a stupid stat if it can fluctuate that much with one good game.

Why would someone vote "YES" on a poll when they really thought "NO"? Haha. I said posters on here crucified me for saying this was an NIT team at best, not experts

You do realize that probably 90% of the people who voted didn't really think yes or no right? Most thought maybe but that wasn't an option.

You do realize that probably 90% of the people who voted didn't really think yes or no right? Most thought maybe but that wasn't an option.

Here was the reasoning for "YES"

This team is young, but fast and athletic. Sure, they're young, but there are plenty of teams (i.e. Kentucky) that win with young guys.

Here is the reasoning for "NO"

This team should be fun, but likely will drop some close games due to inexperience. Maybe NIT, but probably not the NCAA...

74% of the people voted yes and thought we would make the Tournament.

Latest posts