BHGP DJK story

Good lord Justin ... break down some gol-dern game film before you attempt to roast KOK!

That's the saddest knee-jerk reaction I could have anticipated.

Last-time I checked ... KOK was the OC when Mo Brown broke out in '02. Same OC when Solomon had a great season in '04.

Heck, if you do your homework, then you'd notice that:

- Ferentz coached WRs have enjoyed 4 out of Iowa's ABSOLUTE BEST 10 receiving seasons. That says something considering that Fry's teams were much better known for their passing game. (that extends to 9 out of the top 20 too)

- Ferentz coached QBs have enjoyed 5 out of the top 10 ABSOLUTE BEST passing seasons.

- While playing under Ferentz/KOK ... McNutt still managed to gain more yardage than DJK. In fact, looking toward the '11 season, most folks anticipate that McNutt should surpass 1000 yards. Why didn't DJK?

- Ferentz coached teams are "run-first?" Since '09 Iowa has been hurting with regard to experience at RB and it has shown. As a result, the Hawks have actually been a bit more PASS-FIRST. Perhaps you didn't notice?

- Ferentz coached teams are "run-first?" Perhaps you don't recall all the times when Ferentz has explicitly emphsized how much they value BALANCE on O? If you look at Iowa's historical production under Ferentz ... it would appear that Coach wasn't lying!

homer - thank you. some of these people's takes are just flat-out brutal.

Listened you pooh-poohed the yearly production by multiplying it out....I took the same, poor methodology and showed DJK didn’t even average that yearly production….

One bad arguement deserves another....

Chad

Look numbnuts Homer made argument that Brodell would have been highly more productive than DJK if he had of stayed healthy. My rebuttal was simply do the math.

Why a uniform scaling factor? By the same logic you'd assume that Cleveland and DJK would only get 16 receptions!

Instead, Cleveland and DJK each ended getting 9 times more receptions. Obviously, the same multiplicative factor wouldn't apply to Brodell. However, it's only logical to assert that the Iowa coaches were purposely trying to lean a bit more on the run early in the season in order to flash the threat of the run and to help along the development of the OL. As a result, it only makes sense that the receivers would get many more looks through the latter three-fourths of the season.

Thus, I'd assert that it's much more likely that Brodell would have gotten more in the neighborhood of 60 receptions. And that would have easily been enough to put him in the ballpark of 850-1000 yards. Certainly SUBSTANTIALLY BETTER than DJK.

Heck, in DJK's defense ... in '07 he was just a RS FR ... and to his credit he demonstrated pretty nice promise. However, he didn't advance his craft nearly as far as he could have!

No way in h*ll Brodell catches 60 passes that '07 season.....High 40's would have been the max. Give me one example except for a flash here or there that the passing game got significantly better the latter half of the '07 season.

Moeaki/Brodell stay healthy DJK/Cleveland's reception totals would have been in the high teens.

a few things..

cm hawks(never known for his talent assessment skills)claims DJK wasnt close to being one of the best WRs in the Big Ten. You must know more than the coaches, who voted him first team all big ten.

if any of you know anyone close to the program, you can ask them if its true Mc Nutt and DJK changed positions during the season. They did, and there is a reason for that. Its not because McNutt was the better receiver)altho he may end up being.

Niles Paul? he dropped several passes including a couple sure TDs in a big game this year for Nebraska.

I do not think Kirk actively called GMs to give DJK a bad reference, but Im sure he gave his opinion when asked and didnt resort to the politically correct comments he makes to the Hallelujah choir in Iowa called "the press."

DJK did this to himself and has no one else to blame. I hope for the best for him going forward.

and you kool aid drinkers who think he was the only senior using drugs this last year are sadly mistaken, as evidenced by Ballards flunking a drug test prior to the draft.

DJK is a perfect scapegoat for a disappointing season where the staff did a lousy job of in game coaching.

Look numbnuts Homer made argument that Brodell would have been highly more productive than DJK if he had of stayed healthy. My rebuttal was simply do the math.

Hmmm numbnuts eh…. I see we are digressing. Let me ask a couple hard & fast questions….what is it you want out of this DJK situation, why are you so bothered by it & who do you blame?

Simple questions…..what say you?!

Chad

a few things..

cm hawks(never known for his talent assessment skills)claims DJK wasnt close to being one of the best WRs in the Big Ten. You must know more than the coaches, who voted him first team all big ten.

if any of you know anyone close to the program, you can ask them if its true Mc Nutt and DJK changed positions during the season. They did, and there is a reason for that. Its not because McNutt was the better receiver)altho he may end up being.

Niles Paul? he dropped several passes including a couple sure TDs in a big game this year for Nebraska.

I do not think Kirk actively called GMs to give DJK a bad reference, but Im sure he gave his opinion when asked and didnt resort to the politically correct comments he makes to the Hallelujah choir in Iowa called "the press."

DJK did this to himself and has no one else to blame. I hope for the best for him going forward.

and you kool aid drinkers who think he was the only senior using drugs this last year are sadly mistaken, as evidenced by Ballards flunking a drug test prior to the draft.

DJK is a perfect scapegoat for a disappointing season where the staff did a lousy job of in game coaching.

I’ll play this game......Since most all you DJK guys come from the same camp of the staff plays the wrong players I'll wager many of the main line folks would take my assessments over yours. Lord knows I have a better track record than they do……

Humpal sucks, Greenwood will never get a shot in the NFL et al……please.

And this is the peace de resistance’ of this pipe dream……..DJK, the guy who got busted and kicked off the team is the scapegoat for the team. Actually he is the scapegoat for what he was his whole career…….a me first distraction. That’s it….nothing more nothing less.

Chad

Good lord Justin ... break down some gol-dern game film before you attempt to roast KOK!

That's the saddest knee-jerk reaction I could have anticipated.

Last-time I checked ... KOK was the OC when Mo Brown broke out in '02. Same OC when Solomon had a great season in '04.

Heck, if you do your homework, then you'd notice that:

- Ferentz coached WRs have enjoyed 4 out of Iowa's ABSOLUTE BEST 10 receiving seasons. That says something considering that Fry's teams were much better known for their passing game. (that extends to 9 out of the top 20 too)

- Ferentz coached QBs have enjoyed 5 out of the top 10 ABSOLUTE BEST passing seasons.

- While playing under Ferentz/KOK ... McNutt still managed to gain more yardage than DJK. In fact, looking toward the '11 season, most folks anticipate that McNutt should surpass 1000 yards. Why didn't DJK?

- Ferentz coached teams are "run-first?" Since '09 Iowa has been hurting with regard to experience at RB and it has shown. As a result, the Hawks have actually been a bit more PASS-FIRST. Perhaps you didn't notice?

- Ferentz coached teams are "run-first?" Perhaps you don't recall all the times when Ferentz has explicitly emphsized how much they value BALANCE on O? If you look at Iowa's historical production under Ferentz ... it would appear that Coach wasn't lying!

I don't hold a candle to you when it comes to breaking down Iowa Football, I can only call them as I see them.

Iowa averages right in the middle of the pack for passing offense in the Big Ten. So 750 yards on the season isn't half bad, IMO. Especially playing along-side McNutt, who's going to be an NFL draft pick.

DJK made big plays at big times.

you claimed you wouldnt be surprised to see Troy Johnson make an NFL team. That tells me everything I need to know about your assessment skills, CM.

a few things..

PS....the only kool-aid drinkers are you.......I went to college, none of us are naive enuff to think there aren't several of our players drinking and doing drugs. But the funny thing about that is……we are pretty well read in the world. We aren’t naïve enuff to think DJK was a model teammate and was just maliciously picked on by KF. He was a problem all on his own…..and poor teammate as a result.

Chad

PPS……when they needed touch downs like they did at MSU they threw the ball to McNutt.

he was a poor teammate CM? Then Tyler Sash must have been lying when he said the exact opposite on KXNO.

Tyler must be one of the kool aid drinkers.

you claimed you wouldnt be surprised to see Troy Johnson make an NFL team. That tells me everything I need to know about your assessment skills, CM.

Do you remember any things else I said...................sure you do. That tells me all I need to know about you. It’s called cherry picking and selective memory, funny how this game works.

By the by....go back and find what I really said. It wasn't that....though I was upset about the degrading way in which fans like you picked on Johnson. The only thing I said that I do now know was untrue is that I expected he was quite a bit faster than may thought and he was not……I did find a recorded time for him of 5.0, not that there haven’t been several LSU Lbers of recent memory that ran high 4.9’s so really when it comes right down to it….I’m honest about my strengths and weaknesses (you aren’t) and I still have a goodly deal more data to draw from than many and when I’m off I’ll say so…..

I’m so glad you engaged me brother, anything else….

Chad

Last edited:
he was a poor teammate CM? Then Tyler Sash must have been lying when he said the exact opposite on KXNO.

Tyler must be one of the kool aid drinkers.

More cherry picking......how about Pat Angerer, how did he feel about him?!?!

Thought so.....see how stupid this is.

Chad

More cherry picking......how about Pat Angerer, how did he feel about him?!?!

Thought so.....see how stupid this is.

Chad

I have no idea. you have a link where Angerer said anything?

again CM, if djk wasnt one of the best WRs in the big ten..how did he make the coaches all big ten team?

the stupidity of that statement , by you, reveals your ability(or lack thereof) to evaluate talent logically.

I have no idea. you have a link where Angerer said anything?

again CM, if djk wasnt one of the best WRs in the big ten..how did he make the coaches all big ten team?

the stupidity of that statement , by you, reveals your ability(or lack thereof) to evaluate talent logically.

Friend you and I….we aren’t going to play this game…..I have said many, many, many things that you have failed to address. When you do I’ll address your most recent question. Which is ridiculously easy to attack….. Until then, your rants are all up and down this board. I found a thread when you suggested DJK’s exploits will be long remembered over KF and his petty grudge. DJK did this to himself, period….he got himself NOT invited to a camp. That’s amazing in and of itself…Now you and I can continue to play together as you go back and address the previous things I refuted by you.Chad

Sorry if it was already posted as I didn't read each and every post, but I clearly believe DJK must not have an agent working very hard for him. If I were him, I'd dump the agent for a new one. To not even get any official workouts is outright sham.

Latest posts