Beth Mowins MNF

I actually have not. When are they and via which site? I'm long removed from Iowa so I am a bit out of touch, in that respect.
https://www.hawkeyenation.com/football/hn-podcast-delaneys-legacy

Just go to the main page of hawkeyenation.com and look for their podcasts on the right hand side. They have interesting discussions usually on Sunday nights they post a new one. They've done radio together in the past and have been friends a long time so they have a great report and they'll touch on all sorts of topics

How many of us literally CRINGED every frickin' time we found out she was calling the Hawkeye game last year???!!
(Hands raised)
Better to mute her and listen to play by play on the radio...with an 8 second delay.
THAT for an entire game is still better than that voice of hers for five minutes.
Male - Female...WHOGIVESACRAPIFTHEY'REAWFUL!!!

Is her slightly masculine voice really that irritating? Do you need her voice to be more feminine in order to give a thumbs up or better yet, simply not care? So what play by play analyst uses a monotone style? They all have "announcer voice".

Clearly no explanation will suffice, here. You just don't see (or hear) it as many others do. Wait til she does her MNF game, then you'll have plenty of descriptions out there that might capture it better than mine.

They're doing this so people will complain about her performance and then they won't have to have a woman call another game. ESecPN are sexist pigs!

Dude everyone you listed is a sideline reporter. And don't go to the Jessica Medonza card because she is a color analyst. Compare her to Pam Ward or the bunch of other dudes doing play by play.
And so what? They are good at their jobs and I enjoy their work. Mowins is gawd-awful with her nasally twang fake announcer voice.

Good for Beth, I wish her well.

And I'll be fine w/o Beth doing Iowa games. Still, there are worse announcers than Beth on ESPN.

When I have to watch a game by myself and Beth is calling it, I make it a drinking game. When she talks like a pirate I text it: "She said 'yerds'! and take a shot. I'm hanging off the yard arms and three sheets to the wind by the end of the game. I freakin love Beth Mowins!

I also drink when she phlegms up the Hchchchchawkeyes! "The Hchchcchawkeyes pow'r ferword for another fir yerds!" I mean, I LOVE Beth Mowinzzz!

Really,please give us their names.She's the worse of the worse hands down.

Dick Vitale and Bill Walton. I struggle to understand Jim Calhoun at times, he slurs and speaks jibberish, but he's a very smart dude with good information when you can understand it.

Last edited:
Look....im going to go on the record and say i dont mind her doing our games. Shes not too bad...maybe its fair to say she's good at it. But i dont prefer her to other options. Im a traditionalist but im quickly being outdated by the newcomer...mr. realist. Simply put....some of you can fight the idea of beth mowins....but espn isnt putting her on a broadcast simply to make news...maybe shes actually pretty decent? Maybe it will bring more hype or prestige to that 11 am Iowa v. Rutgers game? Maybe a casual viewer/college football fan will stay on the game just to listen to a good football broadcaster? Ok that last one was pushing it lol il

I think she has earned some respect from people in the industry. I dont prefer her for our games....because she doesnt feel like the person you put on the big game...musburger/parsegian..
Jackson/griese.....enberg/olson....etc. But i think she does just fine and now having her do a game is a "little" more prestigious than before. Right? Lol

Look....im going to go on the record and say i dont mind her doing our games. Shes not too bad...maybe its fair to say she's good at it. But i dont prefer her to other options. Im a traditionalist but im quickly being outdated by the newcomer...mr. realist. Simply put....some of you can fight the idea of beth mowins....but espn isnt putting her on a broadcast simply to make news...maybe shes actually pretty decent? Maybe it will bring more hype or prestige to that 11 am Iowa v. Rutgers game? Maybe a casual viewer/college football fan will stay on the game just to listen to a good football broadcaster? Ok that last one was pushing it lol il

I think she has earned some respect from people in the industry. I dont prefer her for our games....because she doesnt feel like the person you put on the big game...musburger/parsegian..
Jackson/griese.....enberg/olson....etc. But i think she does just fine and now having her do a game is a "little" more prestigious than before. Right? Lol

It isn't just Iowa fans that complain about her, other B1G fans do as well. I believe that you are in the minority. No she is not "actually pretty decent". I don't think that you have any evidence to suggest that she has earned respect in the broadcast community, instead the obvious reason for her promotion is the most probable; political correctness, she survived the ESPN cuts because she is a woman. There I said it.

She's pretty good at mowining my grass in her tiny clothes.
giphy.gif

You obviously have a problem with non-traditional gender roles. Its ok. You are allowed to prefer a man calling a game. Id prefer 10 people + over her. But to say she is no good....its just a bias or preference by you that a woman not call games. Can you name one you would accept?

My point was there are far worse broadcasters. I don't get the intense hatred for her. I don't like her or hate her, she's a broadcaster, who the f cares. If you know your team and you understand the game of football then play-by-play people are completely pointless, you already know whats going on and who the players are. So how exactly does a play by play person enhance or harm your viewing of the game? If it does you might have serious issues.

Give me your top 3 broadcasters of all time and I'll link you the stupid stuff they've said on live tv.

Harry Caray was a drunk, couldn't pronounce anyone's name if it had more than 2 syllables, informed people what a players name would be if it was spelled backwards, and was quite possibly brain damaged. His voice was always slurred, his singing of the 7th inning stretch was worse than nails on a chalkboard....yet he still held a broadcasting job for his entire career and is beloved by cubs fans everywhere.

You don't like her because she's a female. There. I said it.
Harry, brain damaged? Where do you get off? Cirrhosis of the liver maybe...but seriously, you are going to knock Harry down. That's blasphemy. Harry did what alot of people do...they get old...and they begin to show signs of that age, especially with a Budweiser, and slur or make the borderline comment. But to compare or mention in the same breath the beloved Harry Carey to Beth Mowins makes me think you are the one brain damaged. The 1984 Cubs season may have been the most fun I've ever had watching baseball. Harry and Steve Stone were part of the show...and I cherished their broadcasts. Sure, they were drinking and smoking cigars, but it was pure entertainment and they knew baseball too. Harry got old, Beth grates in her prime.

Latest posts