Beth Mowins MNF

You obviously have a problem with non-traditional gender roles. Its ok. You are allowed to prefer a man calling a game. Id prefer 10 people + over her. But to say she is no good....its just a bias or preference by you that a woman not call games. Can you name one you would accept?

Any, other than her, has nothing to do with her being a female. Her voice, as described by others are finger nails on a chalkboard, rule #1 for an announcer: you must have a voice that most of your audience wants to listen to, it is a reason why many people prefer not to listen to Dick Vitale. #2 You must know what is going on in the game and be able to keep up, not mispronounce names, not call for a FG when down by 4 points at the end of a game. She is terrible.

Now, your refusal to accept that she is just bad and not a victim of some anti-female conspiracy is funny. Let me guess who you voted for in the last election.

Any, other than her, has nothing to do with her being a female. Her voice, as described by others are finger nails on a chalkboard, rule #1 for an announcer: you must have a voice that most of your audience wants to listen to, it is a reason why many people prefer not to listen to Dick Vitale. #2 You must know what is going on in the game and be able to keep up, not mispronounce names, not call for a FG when down by 4 points at the end of a game. She is terrible.

Now, your refusal to accept that she is just bad and not a victim of some anti-female conspiracy is funny. Let me guess who you voted for in the last election.

So every other play by play announcer is awesome and she is the only one that sucks? Or is your goal just to point out her suckiness and everyone else get a pass?

Harry, brain damaged? Where do you get off? Cirrhosis of the liver maybe...but seriously, you are going to knock Harry down. That's blasphemy. Harry did what alot of people do...they get old...and they begin to show signs of that age, especially with a Budweiser, and slur or make the borderline comment. But to compare or mention in the same breath the beloved Harry Carey to Beth Mowins makes me think you are the one brain damaged. The 1984 Cubs season may have been the most fun I've ever had watching baseball. Harry and Steve Stone were part of the show...and I cherished their broadcasts. Sure, they were drinking and smoking cigars, but it was pure entertainment and they knew baseball too. Harry got old, Beth grates in her prime.

Steve Stone was a great color analyst. He could call a game like no other. But dude had the all-time nasal voice. He spoke as if someone took their thumb and index finger and squeezed his nose shut.

So every other play by play announcer is awesome and she is the only one that sucks? Or is your goal just to point out her suckiness and everyone else get a pass?

No, I believe I even named one, Dick Vitale. Gary Dolphin sucks at basketball, can't keep up. The thread was about Beth Mowins, try to keep up.

Hurry on over to esecpn and you can hear her call the Michigan softball game! Don't waste any time getting there.

I said it once, and I'll say it again..........I'd hit it.

RS477859_20160803_JF2_5246-e1470422921368-310x310.jpg

View attachment 2608

Sorry Jon and Rob!

Was that serious? If so, was it even necessary? Like her or not, it cheapens everyone when you post stuff...oh, what the hell, to each his/her own!

Was that serious? If so, was it even necessary? Like her or not, it cheapens everyone when you post stuff...oh, what the hell, to each his/her own!

I gave a like to his post and I am probably guilty of objectifying women. Not proud of it and definitely not condoning it . I realize women weren't put on this planet just to satisfy men. All I am saying was as a middle age guy, if i were single, she would have more appeal to me than some 25 year old instagram hottie.

I guess your title is all-knowing, better decision-making god? You are a talent agent im sure. Wrote the book on broadcast journalism. I like the argument that one time she messed up a football down and distance...translation... she must suck. ESPN obviously doesnt know what they are doing. You do. Congratulations!

I gave a like to his post and I am probably guilty of objectifying women. Not proud of it and definitely not condoning it . I realize women weren't put on this planet just to satisfy men. All I am saying was as a middle age guy, if i were single, she would have more appeal to me than some 25 year old instagram hottie.

Fair enough :)

Latest posts