Beau Corrales decommits

The offense is a liability on the recruiting trail. Just look at the comments Rob got from one of the WR visitors against Michigan. He basically said he didn't like Iowa's passing game. These WRs aren't stupid. They see an offense like Iowa's where they can barely move the ball through the air and then they see other schools throwing around like they are playing a video game. Which one would you want to go to as a WR?

I got killed for saying Holmes was probably gone soon too on TOS but looks a lot more likely now.

The offense is a liability on the recruiting trail. Just look at the comments Rob got from one of the WR visitors against Michigan. He basically said he didn't like Iowa's passing game. These WRs aren't stupid. They see an offense like Iowa's where they can barely move the ball through the air and then they see other schools throwing around like they are playing a video game. Which one would you want to go to as a WR?

I got killed for saying Holmes was probably gone soon too on TOS but looks a lot more likely now.
If TOS is HR, those guys still think any commit that decommits is a liar and not worthy of a scholarship. It's full blown kirk fan club over there.

He signed up for Greg Davis crapping passing game. I'm guessing it was the no visit policy and he wants to keep his options open and see some other schools

I will bet you a million bucks that Corrales doesn't come to Iowa. If a kid is taking visits or wants to open up recruiting, they are looking for something else. Iowa should immediately move on to someone else and go after them hard, because Corrales isn't going to pick Iowa again at this point.

That is what you just refuse to recognize, that if kids are taking other visits or want to look at other options after they have committed to you, that means they have moved on. It happens all over the place. Lovett who was committed to Rutgers took a visit and then after decommitted. Branch took a visit and then decommitted from Purdue. Cam White that is committed to ISU, he visited Ole Miss, I will bet you anything that he doesn't go to ISU at this point.

You act like if you just let them visit other place, they will somehow come back to you.....and that is simply the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Once they move on, they move on. This isn't an Iowa thing, it is an everywhere thing. Iowa is just smart enough to realize this and once the recruit moves on, you move on too, it is what it is.

Think about the timing here.

Iowa football just had their biggest win in at least 8 years. All the national attention from that.

But, less than a week later they lose another recruit. How low is their appeal right now?

I will bet you a million bucks that Corrales doesn't come to Iowa. If a kid is taking visits or wants to open up recruiting, they are looking for something else. Iowa should immediately move on to someone else and go after them hard, because Corrales isn't going to pick Iowa again at this point.

That is what you just refuse to recognize, that if kids are taking other visits or want to look at other options after they have committed to you, that means they have moved on. It happens all over the place. Lovett who was committed to Rutgers took a visit and then after decommitted. Branch took a visit and then decommitted from Purdue. Cam White that is committed to ISU, he visited Ole Miss, I will bet you anything that he doesn't go to ISU at this point.

You act like if you just let them visit other place, they will somehow come back to you.....and that is simply the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Once they move on, they move on. This isn't an Iowa thing, it is an everywhere thing. Iowa is just smart enough to realize this and once the recruit moves on, you move on too, it is what it is.

Oh I agree he's not coming here. He's probably got a better chance to come here if he just takes a few other visits and doesn't decommit than he does by going this route though. I can think of a thousand examples of players who take visits other places and still sign with the team they committed to. My guess is we didn't recruit him well enough after he committed and that's why he wants to look other places.

Do you agree that his is based on the passing game performance, specifically? I'd call for kf to open up the offense and start throwing it around. We're bowl eligible, so that's all we can accomplish this season, other than securing a really good recruiting class.

You can call, as we all probably would, but he's not going to change it IMO. He's just not willing to change that much. He did it for one season cause it was a contract year.

You act like if you just let them visit other place, they will somehow come back to you.....and that is simply the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Once they move on, they move on. This isn't an Iowa thing, it is an everywhere thing. Iowa is just smart enough to realize this and once they move on, you move on too, it is what it is.

deano, i don't think you can cover all recruits with the same blanket. does what you say happen? sure it does. some kids use a school as a place holder. Winning helps to remove your program from "placeholder" status.

Some kids can be deeply committed to a school but want to take all 5 free visits. if you were a highly rated kid out of iowa and committed to iowa, would you take an official visit to ND, FL, USC, UT or some other place you've never been to, just to see what it's like? i would. that doesn't necessarily mean i am less committed to iowa. the higher caliber kids have way more options than most of the kids we're used to recruiting. we have to deal with that, differently. having said that...we should also never stop recruiting replacements for that kid should he de-commit. it's a 2-way street.

you and your girlfriend can go to different dances, with your friends, and still not dance with anyone other than each other.

Kid is gonna be a good one. I know most complained when we got him that he was just a lowly 2* kid that only Texas St wanted......but those people don't know shat.

It was only a matter of time before Gre Davis crapping passing game completely killed this recruiting class. Martin ain't coming either....ughhhhh

Yeah, my fear is we lose out on Martin and maybe also lose Holmes or Smith.

Oh I agree he's not coming here. He's probably got a better chance to come here if he just takes a few other visits and doesn't decommit than he does by going this route though. I can think of a thousand examples of players who take visits other places and still sign with the team they committed to. My guess is we didn't recruit him well enough after he committed and that's why he wants to look other places.

Well you never really wanted him anyway, he was a lowly 2* kid with no offers from anyone else. I and others tried to tell you that many program were kicking the tires, and he was blowing up, but you didn't listen........then again you never listen.....you think the only info out there is a rival offer page LOL......

While this is true you can't assume every 2 star recruit with no offers is going to pan out. Vandeberg is an outlier

247 and Rivals don't list a WU offer

I do trust the staff and this recruiting class is extremely impressive. Every class is going to have a couple misses and if I had to guess it would be the kids that are either ranked lowest or have the least amount of offers. Rankings don't always tell the whole story but the fact is they are right a lot more than they are wrong

I don't anticipate Corrales ending up at Iowa, despite his dad saying Hawks are still No 1 but he wants to look around. They usually don't come back in the fold because they decommit after finding something they like better.

I'm also feeling like BC won't be last one to walk away. We'll see

Do you say that with anyone in mind or just as in it being the nature of recruiting?

deano, i don't think you can cover all recruits with the same blanket. does what you say happen? sure it does. some kids use a school as a place holder. Winning helps to remove your program from "placeholder" status.

Some kids can be deeply committed to a school but want to take all 5 free visits. if you were a highly rated kid out of iowa and committed to iowa, would you take an official visit to ND, FL, USC, UT or some other place you've never been to, just to see what it's like? i would. that doesn't necessarily mean i am less committed to iowa. the higher caliber kids have way more options than most of the kids we're used to recruiting. we have to deal with that, differently. having said that...we should also never stop recruiting replacements for that kid should he de-commit. it's a 2-way street.

you and your girlfriend can go to different dances, with your friends, and still not dance with anyone other than each other.

I can think of multiple current players that visited other schools after committing and stayed committed. Does Ott or Fant end up here if they are told to decommit to take those visits? I doubt it

Maybe Iowa should go into damage control mode instead and start reaching out to prospects that have committed to figure out what is wrong. Not to start beating a dead horse again but you put it all on the recruits and act like this staff has nothing to do with the exodus of recruits. While Iowa may be "smart enough to realize that once the recruit moves on, you move on to" they are obviously too dumb to address the bigger issue at hand which is why are verbals decommitting. It isn't like its just guys that are on the fence, obviously at one time or another something happened that changed their perception of Iowa. My opinion is before letting go of prospects that may be shopping around or reconsidering, maybe, just maybe they should figure out why and try to patch things up to prevent others from leaving instead of simply sending them packing and playing it off like its the recruits loss and these once coveted guys are simply replaceable.

Stop making sense!!!!! It's all Kirk's fault and he doesn't understand millenials!!!!!
AHHH Fake outrage

I think its pretty tough recruiting to Iowa City, especially those kids that are from urban areas so I try to be patient with this stuff but damn, it never ceases to amaze me how bad this staff is at recruiting. Iowa St, one of the worst P5 programs with a campus in middle of a corn field can get guys like Quenton Bundrage out of Florida. Iowa, on the other hand, will probably need a miracle to get a WR to commit from their own town.

Uh....so it's hard to recruit to IC but not Ames? Not following the logic there.

Recruiting pluses......Good educational school? Check. Nice campus? Check. Really good fan base/stadium? Check. Football facilities? Check. Power 5 school? Check. Coaching stability? Check. Main attraction in the state? Check. Family atmosphere? Check. Really nice college town? Check. Students like to party? Check.

I could probably keep going but I won't.

The only real reason(s) I see that are a hindrance for recruiting to IC is weather (I think this is iffy) and scheme...I'll let you decide which is causing an issue.

I can think of multiple current players that visited other schools after committing and stayed committed. Does Ott or Fant end up here if they are told to decommit to take those visits? I doubt it

that is exactly my point. kf needs to rethink parts of his strategies if he wants to routinely secure verbal commitments from higher rated recruits.

Hold on, where did I say Corrales was using Iowa as a "place holder"?

For every instance you can find where a committed kid took a visit to another school, and then stayed committed to the original school, I can find you 20 examples of said kid going elsewhere and dumping the original school. It is simply a fallacy in the minds of posters on here that kids who open up their recruitment will stay committed after they visit other places. It just don't happen that way.

Listen, I'm not bashing on the kids at all, if they want to open it up and take visits, by all means do so. It is their life their decision, they are free to do what they want. All I am saying is Iowa is only being realistic by realizing that if a committed kids opens things up, then 90% chance he gone not matter if you give him your blessing or not. Corrales has every right to open things up, and look at his options, I hope he goes to a schools that he wants to be at and can succeed both academically and athletically.

Latest posts