Beau Corrales decommits

This won't be the last one I don't think either....not really shocked either as a good Wr why would you even consider Iowa.

This won't be the last one I don't think either....not really shocked either as a good Wr why would you even consider Iowa.

I posted in on another site this sentiment by explaining that I feel these WR prospects are seeing first hand Iowa's pedestrian passing philosophy and are counting how many WR's are in the class. My speculation is that he said to himself that Iowa doesn't use 3 WR sets, so why would he want to be in a class with at least 3 WR's? We already know that both Holmes and Smith have been tempted to take other visits, but have held off, so far. kf needs to bring his philosophies in the passing game into the 21st century, or he's going to continue playing in the 20th century.

I posted in on another site this sentiment by explaining that I feel these WR prospects are seeing first hand Iowa's pedestrian passing philosophy and are counting how many WR's are in the class. My speculation is that he said to himself that Iowa doesn't use 3 WR sets, so why would he want to be in a class with at least 3 WR's? We already know that both Holmes and Smith have been tempted to take other visits, but have held off, so far. kf needs to bring his philosophies in the passing game into the 21st century, or he's going to continue playing in the 20th century.

Holmes took an unofficial to Oklahoma last week with some friends. Oklahoma doesn't have room for him per TOS. I have a feeling this isn't going to be the last time we discuss this.

All the Texas kids are probably secretly looking around while pretending everything is fine. I was already thinking that was probably the case. After this I think it's even more likely. The ones who stay will be the ones who couldn't find something better.

I don't anticipate Corrales ending up at Iowa, despite his dad saying Hawks are still No 1 but he wants to look around. They usually don't come back in the fold because they decommit after finding something they like better.

I'm also feeling like BC won't be last one to walk away. We'll see

I don't anticipate Corrales ending up at Iowa, despite his dad saying Hawks are still No 1 but he wants to look around. They usually don't come back in the fold because they decommit after finding something they like better.

Do you agree that his is based on the passing game performance, specifically? I'd call for kf to open up the offense and start throwing it around. We're bowl eligible, so that's all we can accomplish this season, other than securing a really good recruiting class.

What happens when you stop recruiting committed recruits and have a no visiting other schools policy. Seriously, if you're going to have that no visit policy, you better keep communications flowing with your commits.

What happens when you stop recruiting committed recruits and have a no visiting other schools policy. Seriously, if you're going to have that no visit policy, you better keep communications flowing with your commits.

ferentz needs to rethink that policy if he wants to attract the higher caliber of recruits. if he doesn't, then we've spent $55 mil on new facilities to remain getting classes in the 40's and 50's.

Rob, don't you feel like they need to loosen up their no-visit policy? This de-commit is a direct result of that, sounds like he was being upfront and wanted to visit another school, Iowa probably said no, he didn't like that answer and de-committed. I agree with you, this isn't going to be the last one either.

This is obviously a hoax. Everyone knows this photo is all you need to bring in talent.

kirk-team-jpg.2389

Kid is gonna be a good one. I know most complained when we got him that he was just a lowly 2* kid that only Texas St wanted......but those people don't know shat.

It was only a matter of time before Gre Davis crapping passing game completely killed this recruiting class. Martin ain't coming either....ughhhhh

Kid is gonna be a good one. I know most complained when we got him that he was just a lowly 2* kid that only Texas St wanted......but those people don't know shat.

It was only a matter of time before Gre Davis crapping passing game completely killed this recruiting class. Martin ain't coming either....ughhhhh

He signed up for Greg Davis crapping passing game. I'm guessing it was the no visit policy and he wants to keep his options open and see some other schools

I think its pretty tough recruiting to Iowa City, especially those kids that are from urban areas so I try to be patient with this stuff but damn, it never ceases to amaze me how bad this staff is at recruiting. Iowa St, one of the worst P5 programs with a campus in middle of a corn field can get guys like Quenton Bundrage out of Florida. Iowa, on the other hand, will probably need a miracle to get a WR to commit from their own town.