Eno Tweet

Yeah I would bet Corrales. I think Daniels will commit to Iowa during or after his visit. It is also looking good for Nelson and Maxwell.

Yeah I would bet Corrales. I think Daniels will commit to Iowa during or after his visit. It is also looking good for Nelson and Maxwell.

I would love to land Nelson, Daniels and Maxwell. I'm lukewarm on Corrales but I trust the staff so I wouldn't knock the signing if it's him.

With that said can someone give their thoughts on why we're going after Corrales? He's a two star recruit and his best offer is from Air Force. Maybe I'm just missing something. And this isn't a complaint I'm just genuinely curious.

With that said can someone give their thoughts on why we're going after Corrales? He's a two star recruit and his best offer is from Air Force. Maybe I'm just missing something. And this isn't a complaint I'm just genuinely curious.
My guess is the staff thinks he can put on 40 more pounds and be an excellent tight end.

Not that it's a great offer but I think Indiana has offered as well and some other teams started showing interest as well after Iowa offered.

It's probably safe to assume you're just missing something. I'm not trying to be a jerk either so I apologize if it sounds like that, but I think this staff has proven they know how to mine for underrated players. Vandeberg was just a 2 star recruit out of the Dakota's and look at him now. If Corrales can be like him I'd be thrilled. He has better size than Vandeberg already, and he's having a great season so far. Trust the coaches. They know what they are doing.

Iowa has not and will not go by the star rankings... Sometimes players they love that are good fit perfectly and are rated high (Epenesa, Eno etc) But sometimes they go after kids that they see things in the 'scouts' and other schools don't necessarily see. Vandeberg albeit grey shirt but they yanked that almost right away after he got on campus is a great example. Stanley would be another. He didn't parade himself around the camp circuit. Once he camped at Iowa got offered and committed he pretty much shut it all down and nobody really knew much about him. Although Wisky went after him hard late nobody else really seemed to. Needless to say if it was between this kid and Martin I'd probably wait but since they can/still want Martin too I have no problem if this kid comes too. This staff has the benefit of any doubt from me in regards to recruiting

I would speculate that you can include Daniels and Nelson as "takes" regardless of who else commits. Do you agree?

As of now, I would agree with that. The coaches are continuing to evaluate players, however, and things can change. It's always a numbers game.

It's probably safe to assume you're just missing something. I'm not trying to be a jerk either so I apologize if it sounds like that, but I think this staff has proven they know how to mine for underrated players. Vandeberg was just a 2 star recruit out of the Dakota's and look at him now. If Corrales can be like him I'd be thrilled. He has better size than Vandeberg already, and he's having a great season so far. Trust the coaches. They know what they are doing.

While this is true you can't assume every 2 star recruit with no offers is going to pan out. Vandeberg is an outlier

I'll add that, if you watch his video, he high points the ball well. You take him at 6'-3 1/2" and include Brandon Smith with the same size, and you have two good red zone and possession receivers that can go against shorter safties, downfield. Plus, maybe he slides down to TE (I don't think he will) but he has WR talent. Iowa is really using this cycle up try and upgrade our WR talent and this kid does that, in my opinion.

While this is true you can't assume every 2 star recruit with no offers is going to pan out. Vandeberg is an outlier

I also think that WUs' offer validates Iowa's evaluation. It seems like this kid was overlooked and that can happen in a state as big as Texas. Hey, look at Martin. He was missed by everyone, until he went to summer camps and blew up.

I also think that WUs' offer validates Iowa's evaluation. It seems like this kid was overlooked and that can happen in a state as big as Texas. Hey, look at Martin. He was missed by everyone, until he went to summer camps and blew up.

247 and Rivals don't list a WU offer

Oliver Martin used to be a 2* kid with an Army offer.....well until he wasn't any longer.

His Sr. year started, and he is blowing up. He does have an Iowa and Indiana offer now, and is hearing a lot from Wisconsin.

Latest posts