Beau Corrales decommits

Maybe Iowa should go into damage control mode instead and start reaching out to prospects that have committed to figure out what is wrong. Not to start beating a dead horse again but you put it all on the recruits and act like this staff has nothing to do with the exodus of recruits. While Iowa may be "smart enough to realize that once the recruit moves on, you move on to" they are obviously too dumb to address the bigger issue at hand which is why are verbals decommitting. It isn't like its just guys that are on the fence, obviously at one time or another something happened that changed their perception of Iowa. My opinion is before letting go of prospects that may be shopping around or reconsidering, maybe, just maybe they should figure out why and try to patch things up to prevent others from leaving instead of simply sending them packing and playing it off like its the recruits loss and these once coveted guys are simply replaceable.

Iowa didn't let go of Corrales, he decided he wanted to open up his commitment. Maybe he decided Iowa was too far away, maybe he decided Iowa schemes doesn't match what he wants, maybe the staff ignored him like 56 and TK will present, could be a million things. The bottom line is he wants to look around, and so he should.

Hold on, where did I say Corrales was using Iowa as a "place holder"?

For every instance you can find where a committed kid took a visit to another school, and then stayed committed to the original school, I can find you 20 examples of said kid going elsewhere and dumping the original school. It is simply a fallacy in the minds of posters on here that kids who open up their recruitment will stay committed after they visit other places. It just don't happen that way.

Listen, I'm not bashing on the kids at all, if they want to open it up and take visits, by all means do so. It is their life their decision, they are free to do what they want. All I am saying is Iowa is only being realistic by realizing that if a committed kids opens things up, then 90% chance he gone not matter if you give him your blessing or not. Corrales has every right to open things up, and look at his options, I hope he goes to a schools that he wants to be at and can succeed both academically and athletically.

you gave examples of Lovett and Branch.

I would be interested to know how far back your research goes, deano, so that you can prove your 20-1 ratio.

Oh I agree he's not coming here. He's probably got a better chance to come here if he just takes a few other visits and doesn't decommit than he does by going this route though. I can think of a thousand examples of players who take visits other places and still sign with the team they committed to. My guess is we didn't recruit him well enough after he committed and that's why he wants to look other places.

deanvogs....what
I will bet you a million bucks that Corrales doesn't come to Iowa. If a kid is taking visits or wants to open up recruiting, they are looking for something else. Iowa should immediately move on to someone else and go after them hard, because Corrales isn't going to pick Iowa again at this point.

That is what you just refuse to recognize, that if kids are taking other visits or want to look at other options after they have committed to you, that means they have moved on. It happens all over the place. Lovett who was committed to Rutgers took a visit and then after decommitted. Branch took a visit and then decommitted from Purdue. Cam White that is committed to ISU, he visited Ole Miss, I will bet you anything that he doesn't go to ISU at this point.

You act like if you just let them visit other place, they will somehow come back to you.....and that is simply the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Once they move on, they move on. This isn't an Iowa thing, it is an everywhere thing. Iowa is just smart enough to realize this and once the recruit moves on, you move on too, it is what it is.

Just to name a couple recently....Fant and Ott considered others but stayed on-board (not decommitting but had second thoughts). There are plenty of kids every weekend that are committed to other schools and they take official visits elsewhere and they stick with their commitments. It's all over twitter every weekend. Some will stick and some won't but keeping them shackled up certainly doesn't help the cause and there's certainly an argument it makes it worse.

you gave examples of Lovett and Branch.

I would be interested to know how far back your research goes, deano, so that you can prove your 20-1 ratio.

My research goes back to last week. :)

Seroiusly though, how many times can you remember when a committed kids starts taking official visits to other schools, that they end up signing with the original school?

Uh....so it's hard to recruit to IC but not Ames? Not following the logic there.

Recruiting pluses......Good educational school? Check. Nice campus? Check. Really good fan base/stadium? Check. Football facilities? Check. Power 5 school? Check. Coaching stability? Check. Main attraction in the state? Check. Family atmosphere? Check. Really nice college town? Check. Students like to party? Check.

I could probably keep going but I won't.

The only real reason(s) I see that are a hindrance for recruiting to IC is weather (I think this is iffy) and scheme...I'll let you decide which is causing an issue.

No I didn't say it's not hard recruiting to Ames. I assume it is. I've been there. My point is that ISU coaches can get WRs to come to that place and program yet Iowa can't get WR to come to Iowa city.

deanvogs....what

Just to name a couple recently....Fant and Ott considered others but stayed on-board (not decommitting but had second thoughts). There are plenty of kids every weekend that are committed to other schools and they take official visits elsewhere and they stick with their commitments. It's all over twitter every weekend. Some will stick and some won't but keeping them shackled up certainly doesn't help the cause and there's certainly an argument it makes it worse.

I never said to "keep them shackled up". I just said if Corrales wants to visit other school, he should. It is his life, he needs to live it and make his decision. I'm just saying if I'm Iowa I start offering other WR, because odds say he ain't gonna come here now.

My research goes back to last week. :)

Seroiusly though, how many times can you remember when a committed kids starts taking official visits to other schools, that they end up signing with the original school?

Obviously based on what were seeing now it doesn't matter if they're visiting other schools or not. They're still leaving. At this point if I'm the staff I'm volunteering transportation and spending money to these visits if it keeps us from losing anymore commitments.

I never said to "keep them shackled up". I just said if Corrales wants to visit other school, he should. It is his life, he needs to live it and make his decision. I'm just saying if I'm Iowa I start offering other WR, because odds say he ain't gonna come here now.

Corrales is not coming here so we better start offering other WRs

According to you that is a good thing. Not many 2* WR work out like Vandeberg, so you are pretty happy I'm guessing?

I'm not distraught about it like I was with Eno or Calloway but I think we could have held on to him if we didn't have this stupid no visit policy. He'll probably end up at Penn State or Utah and get bumped to a 3 star because he's been dominating this year and I was getting more excited about him

I'm not distraught about it like I was with Eno or Calloway but I think we could have held on to him if we didn't have this stupid no visit policy. He'll probably end up at Penn State or Utah and get bumped to a 3 star because he's been dominating this year and I was getting more excited about him

Well at least you can admit it. I just hope we can somehow nab Oliver Martin (don't think we will at this point) and Nelson, Green and Thomas. I'm really thinking we don't get any of them, and then we are really onto fallback city.

Well at least you can admit it. I just hope we can somehow nab Oliver Martin (don't think we will at this point) and Nelson, Green and Thomas. I'm really thinking we don't get any of them, and then we are really onto fallback city.

I don't think we have a shot at Martin and wouldn't be surprised if Holmes ends up somewhere else too

I don't think we have a shot at Martin and wouldn't be surprised if Holmes ends up somewhere else too

It is what it is. I have lost hope on Martin as well, as one would think if he was staying home he would have already announced. Holmes I have no idea on. Our passing game is sooooo bad, I don't blame a kid for wanting to play elsewhere.

It is what it is. I have lost hope on Martin as well, as one would think if he was staying home he would have already announced. Holmes I have no idea on. Our passing game is sooooo bad, I don't blame a kid for wanting to play elsewhere.

It is what it is because of KF. He has the stupid policy and he's the one who hired and kept a stupid OC. I know that pains you to hear that but the truth is this is all Ferentz's fault

It is what it is because of KF. He has the stupid policy and he's the one who hired and kept a stupid OC. I know that pains you to hear that but the truth is this is all Ferentz's fault

Unlike the haters, I understand where blame lies. First and foremost blame always ends at Kirk, he is in charge, and keeping GD is his choice.

I disagree on the visit policy though, and it has nothing to do with KF. If Matt Campbell for instance is just letting commits take visits to other schools, he is not doing his job. As soon as a commit says he wants to visit another school, then he should be working 24/7 to convince the kid that ISU is the place for him, and that he shouldn't take that visit. If he can stop that visit, he has a way greater % chance to keep that kid at ISU come signing day. If that kid take an official visit to another school, the % chance of ISU signing them is now much less.

It is simply the way it is. If you can't sell a kid from taking another visit, he isn't "committed" to you anyway, he wants to go elsewhere. That is fine, that is his prerogative. Yet to think that letting all your commits take official visits everywhere is a good policy, I just don't see it that way. I think ultimately you would lose way more recruits if you let them do this. This has nothing to do with KF for me.

Unlike the haters, I understand where blame lies. First and foremost blame always ends at Kirk, he is in charge, and keeping GD is his choice.

I disagree on the visit policy though, and it has nothing to do with KF. If Matt Campbell for instance is just letting commits take visits to other schools, he is not doing his job. As soon as a commit says he wants to visit another school, then he should be working 24/7 to convince the kid that ISU is the place for him, and that he shouldn't take that visit. If he can stop that visit, he has a way greater % chance to keep that kid at ISU come signing day. If that kid take an official visit to another school, the % chance of ISU signing them is now much less.

It is simply the way it is. If you can't sell a kid from taking another visit, he isn't "committed" to you anyway, he wants to go elsewhere. That is fine, that is his prerogative. Yet to think that letting all your commits take official visits everywhere is a good policy, I just don't see it that way. I think ultimately you would lose way more recruits if you let them do this. This has nothing to do with KF for me.

You try to tell kids not to take visits and do anything you can to make sure it doesn't happen but having a "no visit policy" in this day of age is just stupid. I honestly don't know how you can defend it with what's happened.

Latest posts