Eno Tweet

While this is true you can't assume every 2 star recruit with no offers is going to pan out. Vandeberg is an outlier

Whatever 56. This is BS IMO. If this is the case then Iowa has had a hell of a lot of "outliers". I don't need to put together a list for you. If you know Iowa football you know there has been a ton of them. Normally, I would agree with you about 2 stars if we're talking about any other program. However, Ferentz and his staff have been in Iowa City for a very long time, and they keep finding them. At some point you just have to trust that they know what they're doing or you can pretend like they don't and end up looking like an idiot.

There's a reason a lot of schools end up offering kids after Iowa does.

Whatever 56. This is BS IMO. If this is the case then Iowa has had a hell of a lot of "outliers". I don't need to put together a list for you. If you know Iowa football you know there has been a ton of them. Normally, I would agree with you about 2 stars if we're talking about any other program. However, Ferentz and his staff have been in Iowa City for a very long time, and they keep finding them. At some point you just have to trust that they know what they're doing or you can pretend like they don't and end up looking like an idiot.

I do trust the staff and this recruiting class is extremely impressive. Every class is going to have a couple misses and if I had to guess it would be the kids that are either ranked lowest or have the least amount of offers. Rankings don't always tell the whole story but the fact is they are right a lot more than they are wrong

yo

do you think this puts the pressure on Martin to make up his mind?

I'm not speaking for Rob, but I think Martin has evolved into Iowa's biggest target left on the board. I've not seen him play live, and Rob might have and could agree or disagree, but I've heard some evaluator's now fill Martin is elite level, or close to it.

I'm not speaking for Rob, but I think Martin has evolved into Iowa's biggest target left on the board. I've not seen him play live, and Rob might have and could agree or disagree, but I've heard some evaluator's now fill Martin is elite level, or close to it.

Martin would be a huge get, but I think a DT in Damion Daniels to pair with Lattimore is becoming more important.

I do trust the staff and this recruiting class is extremely impressive. Every class is going to have a couple misses and if I had to guess it would be the kids that are either ranked lowest or have the least amount of offers. Rankings don't always tell the whole story but the fact is they are right a lot more than they are wrong

Another thing is its not like we're scrambling to fill a class at this point. Those are the kids you would assume wouldn't outplay their rankings. Fallback kids. Ironically, we have done well with those too tho.

Without looking at all the data from KF's tenure here ... I might be inclined to suggest that, in Iowa's case, the opposite is at least partially true.

I think that's why a couple hawkeyes (one an NFL player, one among our all time leading WR's) have a label called 2Star clothing. It's a thing here.

Martin would be a huge get, but I think a DT in Damion Daniels to pair with Lattimore is becoming more important.

I agree Daniels is just as important. But because of Martin's talent and the fact he's from I.C. he is the "top" target if you wanted to give a ranking. It's just my opinion. Honestly, my #1 is Yeast. He's so good.

Here's my top wish list:
1. Damion Daniels
2. Oliver Martin
3. Scottie Nelson
4. Russ Yeast
5. Keep all the current commits in the live well!!!
Tough to argue with that... If Iowa can get any combo of 3 of those guys I'll be pretty happy. I don't know how highly ranked of a class that'll make it but this class is already pretty stacked. Martin and Daniels would just be icing on the cake. Adding Yeast to the secondary would almost be unfair... :)

yo

do you think this puts the pressure on Martin to make up his mind?

I don't think it does. And Martin has a lot of other high-end offers if a school were to put on a power play, whether that be Iowa or somebody else.

The power move works in some instances. I don't believe this is one of them.

Another thing on Martin, he didn't get to this point by accident. He works his butt off. That's why I think with the combination of talent and make-up, he's a great fit here.

Yeah Martin is holding the cards here there's no pressuring him. If he wants to wait till signing day he'll still have his pick of the litter. There may be a school or two that'd drop off due to wrapping up their class but Iowa wouldn't be one of them they'll find a way to have a spot for him. The kid could be another IC Timmy D type legacy. Not sure that sort of thing matters to him at all but if it might.... He'd never have to buy a beer in his life in that town. Again since he's being deliberate with his decision it may not be even remotely on his list of things he cares about so we'll just have to keep waiting and see.

Yeah Martin is holding the cards here there's no pressuring him. If he wants to wait till signing day he'll still have his pick of the litter. There may be a school or two that'd drop off due to wrapping up their class but Iowa wouldn't be one of them they'll find a way to have a spot for him. The kid could be another IC Timmy D type legacy. Not sure that sort of thing matters to him at all but if it might.... He'd never have to buy a beer in his life in that town. Again since he's being deliberate with his decision it may not be even remotely on his list of things he cares about so we'll just have to keep waiting and see.
That was a lil much.

That was a lil much.
Perhaps. I do think the sky is the limit for the kid though. And I would hope that his goals are up there too. It's impossible to predict obviously as there are a ton of other factors involved with a WRs success. As a fan why not dream big. It's not an impossibility so why not shoot for the moon if your him or a fan?

Latest posts