B10 = Best Conference in Basketball

I 100% agree with this. Everyone knew Oklahoma and KSU weren't built to make runs in the tourny. OSU was too depleted and Texas is still very young and inexperienced. Were those 4 worthy of the tourny? Yes. Kansas, Baylor and ISU were the clear favorites to make runs for the big 12. Unfortunately Kansas and ISU are missing arguably their best players.

Lol dude you're just making excuses now. OSU too depleted? Excuse. Texas too young and inexperienced? Excuse. Injuries? Excuse.

As we have already stated... there are teams still playing right now that have had to deal with the same exact problems. Kentucky is incredibly young and inexperienced whether or not they have elite talent. Michigan could be playing with McGary if it weren't for his injury, but you don't see them complaining about it. Then this whole "everyone knew Oklahoma and KSU weren't built to make runs in the tourney" crap is hilarious.

The best teams don't make excuses. They overcome the obstacles that are put in front of them. Sometimes an injury can be too much. That can absolutely be a valid excuse for losing, but that doesn't change the fact the B10 is proving it's better than the B12 right now.

Also Wiggins did play in that game, but I don't blame you if you didn't notice him.

The Big 12 is a deeper conference, but the fact that the Big 10 contains more teams capable of going deep into the tournament is news to absolutely nobody.

Well let's be honest, not many teams are built to make tourney runs when they have to face off with a powerhouse like NDSU. The B12 has proven it is no match for the Bison.

When you have no post you're going to be susceptible to upsets by mid majors. Everyone knows a big part of making a run in the tourny is about getting the right match ups.

When you have no post you're going to be susceptible to upsets by mid majors. Everyone knows a big part of making a run in the tourny is about getting the right match ups.

LOL this is my favorite excuse. They weren't better than us, it was just a bad match up haha.

I’d trade the B10’s success for Iowa in the sweet 16 in the blink of an eye, but this conference strength argument isn’t much of an argument at this point.

Imagine Michigan with McGary. Or Michigan State even somewhat healthy this year.

I'd much rather go through what MSU did this year than ISU's or Kansas (before they lost) has had to go through. Not a big deal to struggle with injuries in the regular season when you have that kind of talent. As long as you get them back when it matters. Losing a player late or in the tournament the quality of Embiid or Niang is a disaster.

One thing is for sure. The B1G can pick a better bracket than the Big 12.

14avqy9.jpg

I'd much rather go through what MSU did this year than ISU's or Kansas (before they lost) has had to go through. Not a big deal to struggle with injuries in the regular season when you have that kind of talent. As long as you get them back when it matters. Losing a player late or in the tournament the quality of Embiid or Niang is a disaster.

Next man in

I think the SEC is better than the B10. They have 3 teams left as well so that's a wash but UK, FL and TN talent levels are higher than the 3 BoneG schools left.

How is the B12 a deeper conference when the B10 has sent more teams further into the tournament?

Both conferences feature teams in the middle to bottom part of the conference that have competed with the upper echelon teams. At this point you can't really measure which average teams from the B10 are better or worse than the average teams from the B12. All you can do is look at where the conferences are at now.

Playing games in conference does nothing to show which conference is the best. You find that out when the conferences play each other. That is happening right now and the B10 is proving they are deeper than the B12.

The top 3 teams in the conference performing well says nothing about the depth of the conference. I'm not disagreeing with you, but your logic is incorrect.

I 100% agree with this. Everyone knew Oklahoma and KSU weren't built to make runs in the tourny. OSU was too depleted and Texas is still very young and inexperienced. Were those 4 worthy of the tourny? Yes. Kansas, Baylor and ISU were the clear favorites to make runs for the big 12. Unfortunately Kansas and ISU are missing arguably their best players.

Interesting. When did Kane go down?

The top 3 teams in the conference performing well says nothing about the depth of the conference. I'm not disagreeing with you, but your logic is incorrect.

How is my logic anymore incorrect than yours? So if the top 3 teams in a conference perform poorly that says nothing about their depth too? That makes absolutely zero sense.

The B10 teams beat each other up in conference. It was as wide open as it's been in years. The fact the top teams in B10 had struggles against the rest of the conference proves that. Now when those teams go out and outperform other conference favorites that says nothing about the level of competition in the B10? I think not. Your logic is incorrect sir not mine.

The XII? As I've said before, how can a conference be the toughest conference when the same team has won 137 straight regular season championships and that same team has not been to 137 straight final four, elite 8 or even sweet 16 finishes?

Tough conferences have a way of sharing the wealth in regular season hardware.

The B1G is better 1-10 than anyone else; they are better collectively than anyone else 1-3.

Ohio state just missed beating Dayton too and now Dayton is in the elite 8. I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

Not EXACTLY sure, MHA, but I think it goes something like this:

B1G: 3 -Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan State
SEC: 3- Tennessee, Kentucky, Florida
American Athletic: 2- Louisville, UConn
Pac12: 1-Arizona
Big12: 1- Iowa State
Atlantic 10: 1- Dayton
ACC: 1- Virginia

now it looks like:

SEC: 2- Kentucky, Florida
Big12: ZERO

now it looks like:

SEC: 2- Kentucky, Florida
Big12: ZERO

Well if we're listing conferences with zero teams here you shouldn't leave out conferences like the Atlantic Sun and the MEAC. Neither of those conferences have had an elite team the last two years as well.

I think the SEC is better than the B10. They have 3 teams left as well so that's a wash but UK, FL and TN talent levels are higher than the 3 BoneG schools left.

Kentucky has 80% of the future NBA players among those 3 SEC teams. Michigan has at least 4. Michigan State has at least 4. And Wisconsin likely has 2. Kentucky has about 14, but Florida likely has 2, and Tennessee may not even have one.

Latest posts