B10 = Best Conference in Basketball

Big 10 is the best conference. But 7 Big 12 teams went further in the tourney than Iowa. So now we can make the same argument ISU fan makes in football. Yay...

There's nothing wrong with taking pride in the strength of the conference. Even the better teams in the SEC brag up conference strength when talking about football. And no one here is saying, "Iowa plays in the toughest conference in basketball so they would have won more in the Big12" like Clone fans claim in football.

There's nothing wrong with taking pride in the strength of the conference. Even the better teams in the SEC brag up conference strength when talking about football. And no one here is saying, "Iowa plays in the toughest conference in basketball so they would have won more in the Big12" like Clone fans claim in football.

Like. According to ISU fan they would win 8 games in the B1G every year in football.

Big 10 is the best conference. But 7 Big 12 teams went further in the tourney than Iowa. So now we can make the same argument ISU fan makes in football. Yay...
You do understand the topic of the thread, don't you? Even a Clown fan should be bright enough to grasp this.....I think.

Wisky over Arizona. More proof. Anyone still arguing for the little 12 is a total homer, and delusional.

The title is about conference and conference overall strength etc, not necessarily winning that final game, there have been a lot of upsets in the final game

That's what makes up the best conference, true. But B1G basketball is simply not as dominant as SEC football is.

That's what makes up the best conference, true. But B1G basketball is simply not as dominant as SEC football is.

Who cares? Why are we comparing SEC football to B10 basketball?

The B10 is the best conference in basketball. Plain and simple. That has now been proven. I have no idea what SEC football has to do with that nor does it even make sense to compare two totally different sports.

Yeah, I don't recall anyone saying that B1G Basketball=SEC Football...the only time SEC has been mentioned was to make the point that it's ok for conference members to tout the league.

The B1G had a great season and a great tournament but very likely we'll see an an all SEC National Championship game.

SEC is the best conference in basketball...that is what people will try and say now that they have two in the Final Four. The BIG needs to win a freaking championship soon though, until then they will not get the proper props they deserve.

The NCAA tournament comes down to matchups plain and simple. If you do not have highly skilled guards, or a roster full of semi-athletic players that can play as a team, you are screwed. For whatever reason, the BIG teams who have made it to this point are missing something. As good as Michigan was last season, they couldn't match the physicality of UL in the final. This year I look at Wisconsin and they are a complete team, but will their lack of back court size hinder them when they play Kentucky?

This is clearly the most talented Wisconsin team Bobo has had because his bench is so much better than it has been, it is isn't even debatable. The experience of Wisconsin will benefit them, but I am not sure they can stop Randle and Cauley-Stein will be back.

SEC is the best conference in basketball...that is what people will try and say now that they have two in the Final Four. The BIG needs to win a freaking championship soon though, until then they will not get the proper props they deserve.

The NCAA tournament comes down to matchups plain and simple. If you do not have highly skilled guards, or a roster full of semi-athletic players that can play as a team, you are screwed. For whatever reason, the BIG teams who have made it to this point are missing something. As good as Michigan was last season, they couldn't match the physicality of UL in the final. This year I look at Wisconsin and they are a complete team, but will their lack of back court size hinder them when they play Kentucky?

This is clearly the most talented Wisconsin team Bobo has had because his bench is so much better than it has been, it is isn't even debatable. The experience of Wisconsin will benefit them, but I am not sure they can stop Randle and Cauley-Stein will be back.

What Michigan is missing is McGary or whatever his name is, geez that guy would make a huge difference.

The NCAA tournament comes down to matchups and health of the team plain and simple. If you do not have highly skilled guards, or a roster full of semi-athletic players that can play as a team, you are screwed. For whatever reason, the BIG teams who have made it to this point are missing something. As good as Michigan was last season, they couldn't match the physicality of UL in the final. This year I look at Wisconsin and they are a complete team, but will their lack of back court size hinder them when they play Kentucky?

Added some additional comments.

But you are right, your guards are the most important piece.

Latest posts