Arizona fans verbally and physically assault Iowa fans.......on video!!!

Justifiaby griping about the lack of class displayed by the U of A fans ... and then supporting it by childish attacks on the entire State of Arizona is, well, classless in itself. If a person wants to make the case that HAWK fans have more class than most fanbases, act like it. Regrettably, many of the posts in this thread tend to give evidence otherwise. I'll climb down off my high horse now.

I want to apologize on behalf of all REAL Wildcats Fans. We do not act this way or treat the opposing team this way. At least 90% of the fans in UofA are very respectful and very friendly. I tailgate with a bunch of people there that welcome and feed anyone from the opposing team. We have been remembered and written by former opposing teams that UofA is one of the most friendliest so pleased do not take a bunch of A$$ho##s as what to expect at UofA. Please remember there are bad apples anywhere you go and your luck just so happened to be bad that day. Again We are sorry.

Thank you for that. That's a respectful, thoughtful post, and yes, I had some good conversations with happy, stable Arizona folks about the game. However, it's hard to believe the U of A crowd overall is ever "one of the most friendliest." Typically, at road games, there is taunting going on, but it's mostly in good fun and just par for the course. However, I felt like I was in real physical danger exiting that stadium. It was seriously creepy. I had my phone out, poised to call 911. Multiple people hanging out of cars yelling threats.... "Get the hell outta here or I'll whoop your ***!", etc. Also, apparently it's a big insult to say someone is from a place that grows a lot of corn. Apparently, a lot of people in Tucson resent corn. I found that puzzling.

Last edited:
Agree about Foles. Give him credit. When Iowa tied the game after he threw a pick six, he got to work and drove the field. Very well, I might add.

Re: I regret this, and apologize to Hawks fans.

I can look in the mirrow just fine. I, as well as 55,250 UA fans, can. Sorry about the 250 or so morons (who aren't even fans, just drunken idiots with a forum to show their ignorance).

I'm sorry, I don't think that Kinnick as a whole "boo's" our opposing/visiting teams, students excepted. I would guess that those booing the Hawks entrance were a few more idiots than the 250 referred to. I wasn't there, but have been to many visiting stadium situations in some very "blue collar" college and NFL cities, and have only seen that type of described and "You-tubed" behavior put out against those who were soliciting it. Many times even ignored. There are classy fan bases and there are classless fan bases. By definition from fellow friends who were there and board posters alike, U of A hereby fits into the "CLASSLESS" type. I suggest to spend the hours of your posting to web boards about the situation would be better spent by speaking/emailing to your own AD et al and devise ways to change it if you are truly concerned.

The AZ fans we were sitting around were not too bad. I even got a high 5 late in the game after Iowa scored. I did get a little annoyed when the "over rated" chant started. I think that is one of the stupidest chants in sports. Now on our looonngg walk back to our car after the game it started getting a little dicey at times. Though mostly just cars passing by yelling "Iowa Sucks".

True, I have lived in the Hawaiian Islands for 9 years. I was raised in Iowa and love the Hawkeyes. Aloha Stadium is gnarly at times. Lots of green beers Bra and polynesian warrior mentality. Nice people if you get to know them, but if you don't, watch out for false cracks on game days. For the most part Hawaii has similar family values as people from Iowa. They open their homes, tons of food, beautiful women, ohana. (home or family in hawaiian)

Honestly, if something like this happens either ignore it...or report it immediately. Don't sit there and film it, encourage them and then cry on the message boards. This whole thread sounds like a bunch of gossipy housewives who have nothing better to do that comment on those "below" them. And frankly, half the comments ive read on here are no better, and certainly worth being embarrassed about.

Honestly, if something like this happens either ignore it...or report it immediately. Don't sit there and film it, encourage them and then cry on the message boards. This whole thread sounds like a bunch of gossipy housewives who have nothing better to do that comment on those "below" them. And frankly, half the comments ive read on here are no better, and certainly worth being embarrassed about.

It was reported and it has been posted! And if you were there, you'd understand why we posted it........to expose D-bags!!!!

And yeah......anyone who acts this way is below the common denominator buddy.

This kind of behavior basically happens in every stadium, depending upon who shows up, how much they drink, and what sets them off.

You could substitute this for Jack Trice, Kinnick, etc. and I could see it happening.

Stop acting like Arizona fans are somehow shocking when similar stuff has happened in Iowa City or Ames.

This kind of behavior basically happens in every stadium, depending upon who shows up, how much they drink, and what sets them off.

You could substitute this for Jack Trice, Kinnick, etc. and I could see it happening.

Stop acting like Arizona fans are somehow shocking when similar stuff has happened in Iowa City or Ames.

Good try... And I guarantee you didn't read the whole thread.

Good try... And I guarantee you didn't read the whole thread.

I did. And that sort of behavior has been "reported" by Cyclone fans visiting Iowa City. I've only seen one instance of something like that happening in Ames, but if you told me there were more, I'd believe you without hesitation.

What's your point?

has anyone even questioned what was done to provoke these people (not that it makes them acting like total idiots any more acceptable) but typically people don't just completely fly off the handle because of chanting "let's go" for the opposing team.

and for those of you in this thread that are completely offended by this and seemingly up in arms, pay a little closer attention next time you're at kinnick, this happens on almost every weekend somewhere in the stands or while tailgating.

It was reported and it has been posted! And if you were there, you'd understand why we posted it........to expose D-bags!!!!

And yeah......anyone who acts this way is below the common denominator buddy.

I have this feeling you guys weren't completety innocent in getting this whole thing started. Continuing to film those idiots, knowing it was angering them even more, was just fanning the flames.

Oh and physical assault? Because one d-bag took a swipe at the camera? Get real dude, grow a pair

Seriously, do you guys not think that this exact same thing happens almost everywhere? Good lord, I've seen just as bad at Kinnick and Jack Trice. Worse in Boulder.

This is like a thread UNIGuy4Cy would start...