Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting news about CDC staffer, Brian Harrison, put in charge of initial task force. This guy has no public health, healthcare, medical, or management background, and just really makes you wonder why so many people question the Fed response and the problems at the CDC (which uses our taxpayer dollars). This guy didn't even invite the top FDA leadership to this task force, Hello, McFly, the D in FDA is for Drugs.

From 2012 to 2018 he ran a labradoodle dog breeding shop!!
HHS Chief Alex Azar Had Aide, Former Dog Breeder, Steer Pandemic Task Force

Reuters via Huffpost:
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/alex-azar-dog-breeder-coronavirus-pandemic_n_5ea0c07bc5b6194c7be7c8f4

This one hurts a bit but it's a necessary closure. I can understand why the Governor was hesitant to close this plant as they are a major meat producer but health is more important.

I'll buy meat from local farmers if I need too. I probably should be doing that anyway.
You're still going to need a butcher who hopefully has a slaughterhouse and to organize your meat cuts.

The thought hit me last weekend. What if county fairs get cancelled this year? All county fairs have huge auctions where butchers and meat processors and other businesspeople buy hogs and cattle.

The B side of this pandemic could be rearing it's ugly head soon and it could cause more havoc than the virus.

I've been pretty consistent about hammering that point.

To name one example what if Kalmes in Saint Donatus, which has been in business since the 1850's and is now owned by the fifth generation of the family, has to go under and can't reopen?

I would think if businesses were able to reopen restaurants would be one of the first to recover. I can see a mad dash to get out and be able to enjoy a meal outside of our homes once this is over.
Don't tell that to @Ree4. He will argue that restaurants are a luxury and not a necessity. Tell that to your wife who has just put in a ten hour day and now must slave another hour in a hot kitchen to put a meal together. And be ready to dodge a frying pan or two.

I know many of our posters love to get creative in the kitchen or on the grill as well so it's not just the wives. But the moral of the story is don't hesitate to say yes if the wife wants to eat out or get carryout that night.

Inane arguments like that one over the silliest things are a big reason why I no longer engage in multi post arguments in this thread. It's like the old Rush song where the oaks and the maples argue over who should get more sunlight when they both will eventually be equalized by the chainsaw.

Last edited:
Read the story. Very interesting! I have seen pictures of these occurrences on Facebook, and it has brightened my day. So, thanks!
Couldn't have been more disappointed when I took the family to the top of Pike's Peak in 2010 and a temperature inversion over Colorado Springs had trapped pollutants and you could see twenty miles if you were lucky.

They had heard my numerous stories of going up there in 1993 and being able to see into Wyoming, Nebraska, Kansas and New Mexico, all well over 100 miles away.

I saw a study from China said the virus has already mutated at least 30 times and New York has mostly a more deadly strand from Europe circulating while the rest of the country has a less deadly strand.

Here's my question. If the virus is mutating so much, what's going to stop it from being another common issue like the flu, except more deadly? If there are so many variations already (like the flu) won't it be impossible to ever eradicate it? If we can't eradicate it or develope hurd immunity, won't we pretty much always have to deal with this forever? Just constantly guessing on a vaccine for the year and hoping to keep deaths down? It will only be a matter of time before it mutates into a way more deadly virus. Does anyone have any ideas as to how and why that won't happen?
Many politicians would love to see the shelter in place last for six more months because guess what happens in (a little over) six months?

It's time to get people working again. If you don't want to risk getting sick, stay home. But we, not the government, should be the ones making those decisions on whether or not we decide to stay home.

Looks like the positive cases are down, which is of course a good thing. Hopefully that trend continues. Usually it's been about an 8-10% increase per day from what I've noticed.
Negative cases among the ever increasing number of those being tested still outnumber positive cases better than six to one.

And yet....

There are people who are deniers and then there are people who acknowledge climate change but don't think it's as doomsday-like as climate change advocates do or think we need such draconian steps to solve it.

But back to the pandemic. Dr. Fauci said up to 50% of people who have COVID are asymptomatic and these are the people who are spreading it. If true, we're in deep trouble.
Deep trouble? Seems to be adding up to an ever increasing number of dead ends for the virus. Keep the most vulnerable safe and everybody else let's go!

In Iowa if you are a business owner or corporation which hasnt had layoffs or furloughs etc for a long time you may drop off the list of paying taxes into the unemployment insurance fund. Once you layoff some people then you have to start paying taxes into the fund.

Those Georgia restaurant owners are screwed. Not sure how many diners they are going to have if they open as about 70% of citizens polled say we should stay in shutdown.
They aren't being forced to open. And people aren't being forced to patronize. They've just been given the option to do so.

Several angles.

First, school lunches aren't all that healthy. I wouldn't eat them.

School funding could be helped by participation levels. It helps keep some working.

CEOs and others with more money are getting helped a whole lot more.

You wont be damaging the economy.

You could get Covid19 from the meals.

You could take what you are saving and donate it.

You could give some of it to those on the street.
You won't eat a school lunch, you don't think they're healthy, they may contain Covid, yet it's OK in your world to give some of it to those on the street?

OK, gotcha.

You won't eat a school lunch, you don't think they're healthy, they may contain Covid, yet it's OK in your world to give some of it to those on the street?

OK, gotcha.

Just listing options. You don't have to agree. In theory you could pass the virus along. And yes they aren't healthy in general. To each his own.

Deep trouble? Seems to be adding up to an ever increasing number of dead ends for the virus. Keep the most vulnerable safe and everybody else let's go!

You just did about 6 drive by's in a row, but you are above discussions. OK, gotcha...;)

Must be a Bucky thing...

I think school lunches have gotten healthier since you and I were in grade school but some may disagree.

I know what my kids eat, or are offered. Generally they take/took lunch. I do miss the peanut butter cookies from the "day". Was always one of the last done eating as the cooks would give out leftovers...

You just did about 6 drive by's in a row, but you are above discussions. OK, gotcha...;)

Must be a Bucky thing...
Stick and move Gold:)

I will still comment on the scene, but if I extend an argument past two posts, call me out. Believe me I will stop!

Or I will concede and move on to something else. See, I've learned something from twenty two+ years of marriage.

Couldn't have been more disappointed when I took the family to the top of Pike's Peak in 2010 and a temperature inversion over Colorado Springs had trapped pollutants and you could see twenty miles if you were lucky.

They had heard my numerous stories of going up there in 1993 and being able to see into Wyoming, Nebraska, Kansas and New Mexico, all well over 100 miles away.

Northside, I did a trip to Alaska 4 years ago. I went to Denali NP. We had a clear view of Denali for 3 consecutive days, which I was told was a once in a lifetime experience. I will never forget it!

I know what my kids eat, or are offered. Generally they take/took lunch. I do miss the peanut butter cookies from the "day". Was always one of the last done eating as the cooks would give out leftovers...
I worked in dormitory food service the entire time I was in college. Got to know the Iowa City legend Gary (Smiley) Bloore, worked with him many times. I would take plenty of hamburger and chicken patties back to my apartment.

As for grade school it was peanut butter cookies for me as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts