Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://bigleaguepolitics.com/w-h-o...lcohol-prohibition-during-coronavirus-crisis/

W.H.O. Recommends Bringing Back Alcohol Prohibition During Coronavirus Crisis

The latest bad idea from the globalist body.
If they are that concerned about the side effects of locking people down than thats just one more reason to end the damn lockdown.

Typical government BS to blame alcohol consumption for the potential rise in domestic violence and not the government itself for grounding people like they were naughty teenagers.

Wisconsin governor Evers calls it "Safe At Home". LMAO!

I am not sure a lot of people from upper European countries/Scandanavian areas with their great healthcare and social services are clamoring to come to the US, not sure but just a feeling.

There is not many of them left back there in the old country. Most of them already came to the U.S.. Many of us are descendants ... who have no desire to go back thank you. ;)

You said "millions haven't died" sarcastically about a country that has 10 million people. Then you post the dumbest meme I've ever seen like it was some genius thought. You're on a roll man.
I don't know, you once tried to imply the racist angle on me because I pointed out that the NFL didn't like to draft African American quarterbacks in the 1970's and that Warren Moon wasted a good third of his career in Canada.

I don't know, you once tried to imply the racist angle on me because I pointed out that the NFL didn't like to draft African American quarterbacks in the 1970's and that Warren Moon wasted a good third of his career in Canada.

There you go again being racist. "African American"? They don't like to be called that.

There is not many of them left back there in the old country. Most of them already came to the U.S.. Many of us are descendants ... who have no desire to go back thank you. ;)

Yeah I am 2nd generation American as my grandparents came from Italy and Norway area in the late 1800s. I know my Italian grandparents came from a very poor area in the boot of Italy and I am sure the US looked great in 1890 or so. And back then land was cheap to almost free and there was room for growth.

I am pretty sure people from Norway and that area of Europe now like Denmark are all covered by their healthcare programs. I do not know if it 100% of costs are covered but covered and Norway pays 100% after an out of pocket maximum is met. In this country that is not the case. A large percentage of Americans do not or cant get healthcare and even with employer plans the citizen cost is large. Education in those systems rank higher in those countries than the US. With prison and jail incarceration in this country so high the crime rate here is probably much worse. The water quality in the US is not that great but I do not know what the comparison is but ours is not that great.

So a lot of basic items in the US are inferior to those countries. We have let things slide but I wont go into why I think that is because that is too political for many here.

So here we sit, about a month into this thing. How has it worked?

I'll make a fatuous defense for the other side. I suppose there's a percentage chance, small but quantifiable, that we would have lost 10% of the country had we stayed status quo and not shut anything down.

But we didn't. We shut things down. Lowering the prime lending rate to virtual zero on March 15 (on a Sunday) was a clear indicator of what was about to happen. They were clearing the decks for a shutdown. A big one.

We implemented social distancing, closed schools, ruined senior's dreams, closed restaurants, generally put the government in the driver's seat. Okay, it worked. We're not losing ten percent of or Americans, or ten million , or1 million, or 100,000. We're not. We almost certainly never were.

Where do we go now? Weather is getting nicer, people are getting restless, money for many is getting tight, schools are talkimg about starting early in the fall, experts say we're flattening the curve, medical experts are talking about natural immunity, herd immunity, gradually opening things back up.

These governor's have pretty much been monkey see, monkey do. As some go about opening things back up it's going to only tighten the screws more on other governor's to follow suit.

These governor's say they serve the people. That was a big part of their defense in shutting things down. They better not forget that as it comes time to opening things back up.

Just saw on TV some woman interviewed who says a lot of working families only have a week or two of money left (editorial , some do not have any left after just two weeks).

Well this virus and the economy partial shutdown put a spotlight on 1) how poorly most people save money ( the old rainy day motto) 2) how stagnant to negative the real inflation adjusted income is for most households and workers has been since 1981 era and 3) that in 1985 about 5% of total wealth was in the hands of the top 1-5% of people but now it is about 25% in the hands of so few people.

And the same thing goes for businesses which didnt put money in cash reserves but instead into stock buybacks and then the stocks just went down 30%. Smart business people put some profits into cash reserves on the balance sheet rather than stock dividends, bonuses and more salary to the top executives.

My last job of 14 years was in tech work at Fedex Services. Fedex CEO/Chairman Fred Smith surrounds himself with great economic and financial people. I would read and listed to their quarterly financial meetings which were open to a lot of people. In 2006 and 2007 Fred's top crew advised him of troubling times coming so Fedex dropped orders for more fuel efficient planes which they had been buying, they cut back on other non-essential outlays of money like growth, building new hubs and stations, etc etc.

They grew the cash reserves from 2 to 4 billion dollars which was easy to find out if you google their financial statements as a public company plus top mgmt stated this. When the late 2007 and 2008 financial crash hit Fedex was in good position but they still put in iirc a 3% reduction in hourly pay, I know they did a 5% reduction in salary pay up thru manager level because that hit me and my coworkers, but the biggest cut was in top mgmt directors on up with a 10% cut. And later hourly pay was increased back to where it was but almost all salaried pay maintained the cut for some years. That is the way to lead and protect.

I also have to say that listening to Fedex financial people urged me to go from equities to cash and very low risk before the crash meltdown which was huge.

No shutdown and millions haven't died. Say it ain't so.

God...I'm breaking a rule here. I don't argue with a dipsh$t normally...the futility is obvious. However, it's important to point certain things out to ensure the other idiots who have the potential to form rational thoughts, have that opportunity.

Do you know why Sweden numbers are down...they have some social distancing measures in place...and have talked about going further. Do you know any Swedes? I've spent some time there...they practice social distancing in normal times...they value personal space.

From an article last week, 4/13/2020. Sweden's death toll is twice Denmark for example...a similar country population-wise. Sweden is learning a lesson though...they will eventually go further from a government standpoint...they are at the beginning of their curve.

"So far, Sweden has banned gatherings larger than 50 people, closed high schools and universties, and urged those over 70 or otherwise at greater risk from the virus to self-isolate.

The softer approach means that schools for younger children, restaurants and most businesses are still open, creating the impression that Swedes are living their lives as usual.

However, foreign minister Ann Linde, who spoke alongside Carlson at Friday’s briefing in Stockholm, dismissed the idea that life goes on as normal in Sweden, calling it “a myth.”

“Many people stay at home and have stopped travelling. Many businesses are collapsing. Unemployment is expected to rise dramatically,” Linde said.

“There is no full lockdown of Sweden, but many parts of Swedish society have shut down,” she argued."

"After a sharp spike in deaths in Sweden, Prime Minister Stefan Lofven proposed an emergency law allowing the quick closure of public venues and transportation if needed. Lofven also warned citizens to prepare for possibly up to thousands of deaths.

Nevertheless, Tegnell, the chief epidemiologist, insists that Sweden’s approach still seems to make sense, though he also acknowledges that the world is in uncharted territory with the virus."

Last edited:
God...I'm breaking a rule here. I don't argue with a dipsh$t normally...the futility is obvious. However, it's important to point certain things out to ensure the other idiots who have the potential to form rational thoughts, have that opportunity.

Do you know why Sweden numbers are down...they have some social distancing measures in place...and have talked about going further. From an article last week, 4/13/2020. Sweden's death toll is twice Denmark for example...a similar country population-wise. Sweden is learning a lesson though...they will eventually go further from a government standpoint...they are at the beginning of their curve.

"So far, Sweden has banned gatherings larger than 50 people, closed high schools and universties, and urged those over 70 or otherwise at greater risk from the virus to self-isolate.

The softer approach means that schools for younger children, restaurants and most businesses are still open, creating the impression that Swedes are living their lives as usual.

However, foreign minister Ann Linde, who spoke alongside Carlson at Friday’s briefing in Stockholm, dismissed the idea that life goes on as normal in Sweden, calling it “a myth.”

“Many people stay at home and have stopped travelling. Many businesses are collapsing. Unemployment is expected to rise dramatically,” Linde said.

“There is no full lockdown of Sweden, but many parts of Swedish society have shut down,” she argued."

"After a sharp spike in deaths in Sweden, Prime Minister Stefan Lofven proposed an emergency law allowing the quick closure of public venues and transportation if needed. Lofven also warned citizens to prepare for possibly up to thousands of deaths.

Nevertheless, Tegnell, the chief epidemiologist, insists that Sweden’s approach still seems to make sense, though he also acknowledges that the world is in uncharted territory with the virus."
That's funny. I just watched a video of Sweden. All sorts of people walking around in an urban area coming within 6 feet. Turns out, you're just another gullible dumbass.

So overwhelmed! Lmfao

How long did it take you to hire those people, rent the room and scrubs, write the short script and shoot that video???

Oh you say you didnt do it, well most of the shit you post is totally uncredited. Those people could be an improve group in Salt Lake City or a drama club in Tulsa. And who cares if they are actual healthcare workers as long as they are doing on their non-patient coverage time.

You show nothing. no facts. So talk about Lmfao you failed again

How long did it take you to hire those people, rent the room and scrubs, write the short script and shoot that video???

Oh you say you didnt do it, well most of the shit you post is totally uncredited. Those people could be an improve group in Salt Lake City or a drama club in Tulsa. And who cares if they are actual healthcare workers as long as they are doing on their non-patient coverage time.

You show nothing. no facts. So talk about Lmfao you failed again
You're such an emotional little guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts